Hardin Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Love working at this hospital!
Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJuly 9, 2018
I got hired as soon as i got out of high school and i loved this job. I left because my husband got stationed in a different state. If it wasn’t for that, i would probably work at Hardin Memorial hospital until i retired.
Pros
Everything! Amazing management
Cons
Working every other weekend but it’s a hospital so that’s a given.
Great place to work with awesome people and flexibility hours
Patient Care Assistant (PCA) (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJune 26, 2018
The people are great and so are the patients! My position allows for patient interactions and connection. While giving one-on-one care, patient connection is strengthened and you build a relationship with them: trust, dependability, and respect.
Hmh
Utilization Review/Care Coordinator RN (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJune 22, 2018
Excellent place to work! Worked there for over 10 years and miss working there. Honestly, I had great managers and wonderful opportunities while I was employed.
Positive culture
Management (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYMarch 8, 2018
I enjoyed working here. There is a great group of leaders who genuinely care and live the Mission every day. There are definitely some folks who don't like change, but other than that, great place to work.
was a good place to work
Disease Management/Home Telemonitor Nurse (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYMarch 5, 2018
Schedule there just did not work out for me plus the salary people got to leave work early every day etc and I was the only one in my department who had to stay at work.
Used to love the hospital
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYFebruary 23, 2018
Loved the hospital, never thought I would leave. It was due to poor management they would act on assumptions rather than the facts. I was disappointed that I left due to stress and poor management, even higher management.
Great
Patient Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYFebruary 14, 2018
The staff was very nice and a great place to work. Coworker were outstanding and would help in any way that they are needed. Management will also get a A because they actually care
Miss working for Hardin Memorial Hospital
Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJanuary 20, 2018
HMH in Elizabethtown KY a great place to work. The hospital is a not for profit workplace. The work I did there taught me a lot including ordering supplies, purchasing, stocking, deliveries, and shipping/receiving. We were all friends and I still keep in touch with my co-workers today. I have missed working for HMH since I left to relocate to Las Vegas,
Everything about this job was enjoyable since I loved all the people I worked with. I liked that I learned all aspects of Supply Chain Operations while there.
Horrible place to work
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJanuary 20, 2018
It's a point system. You are not a person. You are a number. Managers are rude, not personable, want to sit behind a pretty desk, and not educated. Patients are not number one like they claim. They'll try to win you over to stay with the benefits. Being treated horrible vs. the benefits. I decided it wasn't worth it. They could not keep employees, some didn't even get through the ridiculous orientation. Therefore all the other employees had to work over time to make up for it. Co workers would complain to each other but would not say it to the managers. Terrible pay for the hard work.
Pros
Cons
Point system
Great place
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJanuary 19, 2018
Great place to work. They are doing so much remodeling and upgrading making our hospital even more beautiful than what it already was. Everyone is hard working and willing to serve others.
Billing Department
Insurance Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJanuary 19, 2018
All women, much drama. Change in management right after I started. Many changes made, some good and some not so good! Overall, people I worked with were fine.
worked in Pediatrics which I did enjoy
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJanuary 18, 2018
the only complaint of this place was my very poor manager. I left because I could tolerate her near harassment of me. she was always on me about something, most of which was not worthy of her complaining
All work - no life
HEAD CHEF (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJanuary 5, 2018
Was working 80 hours per week to meet requirements because other employees would leave or quit. Pay was decent, but ruined any and all personal time you had.
CNA on oncology unit
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYDecember 14, 2017
I loved my job at HMH! I loved my coworkers and the patients that you quickly become close to on an oncology unit. I started my medical career here and I am glad I have such high standards for work environment. It truly was a wonderful place to work!
Overall good place to work
Registered Nurse-Surgical Services (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYNovember 24, 2017
Caring staff, patient focused, evidence based practice applied to policies and procedures. I would recommend HMH as a good place to work and a good place to seek care for minor acute medical conditions.
Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYNovember 16, 2017
Great place to work. Having to relocate due to moving and new job. Management is great. Everybody works as a team. Lots of expiernce to get working at hardin memorial hospital
Great
Staff Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYNovember 7, 2017
Great place to work. I love that it is family friendly to the employees. I love that it is close to home and that we get such great insurance and benefits. I enjoy how they support staff to continue education
A great place to work
Lead Sterile Processing Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KY 42701October 30, 2017
If I were to move back to this location I would apply there first! Fair practice, with great potential. Movement in the promotion ladder is always possible with hard work and effort.
great down to earth place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  2 NorthOctober 30, 2017
All together care about all employees and patients, give wonderful care, and overall a wonderful place to work. Would recommend anyone to Hardin rather its for a job or for the care. Feeling like a family is important and that is exactly how they have helped me feel.
Hopefully improving soon
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYOctober 26, 2017
Recently bought out by Baptist Health system, so hopefully there will be great improvements to come. Otherwise, the upper management treats staff like numbers instead of people, they had significant cut backs in staff from every department sometimes leaving critical staffing needs. Unit managers and house managers were usually great and truly cared about the staff but had little influence with upper management. Health insurance was terrible and very expensive when I was employed there but I believe they have improved that some. Employee motivation activities were great, many family involved events and gifts. Excellent co-workers, they have some of the best employees ever!
Pros
Great co-workers, employee activities
Cons
Poor upper management, benefits