Harkins Theatres Employee Reviews

Great work environment!
Assistant Manager at Norterra (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 16, 2019
Overall working at Harkins I've been introduced to a family. The work environment is so tight knit and friendly that everyone ends up working really well with each other.
Pros
Free movies, free drink/popcorn while working, flexible schedule
Great company with unlimited potential
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 16, 2019
Great company with unlimited potential. Great management and opportunity to grow. Amazing benefits including medical, dental, and incentives such as awards.
fun workplacw
Harkins team member (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 10, 2019
it was a nice place with good hours.i worked concession stands which at times was stressful but it had a lot of hours and i made decent money at the time.
Pros
free movies
Great for College student
Team member (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJanuary 8, 2019
My 3 years with Harkins has given me a great cornerstone to start my professional career. Helped me grow my team skills as well as conflict resolution.
Fun place to work, free movie passes for employees.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 2, 2019
My time at Harkins was enjoyably. You create your own schedule based off of what works for you. On occasion there are violent customers but for the most part it is a safe place to work. After working a certain amount of hours you get free movie passes. The days they schedule you change weekly but still remain within your schedule (work 1 day one week then 3 days the next sort of thing).
Pros
free movies, flexible schedule, social workplace
Cons
short breaks, not paid for lunch, mildy-violent customers, cleaning bodily fluids
lots of oppurtunity to make friends and get hours
team member (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJanuary 1, 2019
its always busy, tons of employees so lots of shifts to pick up if need be, can work as many hours as you want a week no OT though unless you work on a holiday
productive
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 31, 2018
it was OK for awhile,its a good job for a small amount of time,i would not recommend doing this job if you plan on growing further on.its good for teenager and a temporary place
A good first job, worse the longer you stay.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CADecember 28, 2018
I think Harkins is a great first job. They give you loads of responsibilities so you learn a lot, they work with your schedule, you get free movies passes after working there for so long, and you work with a lot of young people so you make good friends. But staying there longer than 2 years is really pushing it. They pay a dollar more than minimum wage and don't give raises after that even though they expect you to work your heart out every shift. Even calling out when you're sick, they'll give you a hard time about. Out of the 20 mangers there, only a handful are helpful. It can be pretty fast pace most times and can get hectic depending on who you work with. If a guest is disrespectful don't expect any real help from managers. Basically management sucks but the people you work with make it better. Don't stay longer than you need too.
Pros
Free movies, great coworkers, flexible availability
Cons
Low pay, high expectations, bad management
Would not recommend this job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZDecember 27, 2018
The management is horrible where I work. They constantly scheduled me on days I could not work, and refused to help or fix it when I explained it to them. I also never got enough hours to make a living. I liked the team members I worked with and the free movies, but overall, I would not recommend this job to a friend.
Pros
Free Movies, free popcorn (on the job), extra pay on holidays
Cons
poor management, lack of hours, open everyday of the year
Kept a professional workplace environment, yet was fun to work out.
ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CADecember 26, 2018
Efficient workplace, managers kept the environment very fun and professional. The hours were flexible and not a lot of long hours, was content with the schedules I received every week.
Pros
Free movie perks
Harkins Theatres - theatre from the stars
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXDecember 19, 2018
At Harkins, there is a wonderfully welcoming atmosphere. there are plenty of team members and leaders who are helpful to both customers and fellow staff members alike. the flexibility in choosing your hours are very convenient. the benefits are an excellent bonus tacked onto an great experience of movie going.
It was slow and boring
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 9, 2018
Working here was the worst few months of my life. It was like being payed to go to high school it was terrible it was slow and I had a bad experience there and I wouldn’t recommend
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Drama, slow, bad management
Friendly and progressive work enviroment.
Assistant Manager Level 3 (Current Employee) –  Chino Hills, CADecember 5, 2018
Typical day includes helping guests and providing the ultimate moviegoing experience in all aspects of the theatre.
I have learned the importance of integrity and responsibility no matter the situation. It's a positive work environment and a different experience every shift. Most enjoyable part of the job is moving forward and promotions within the company with the support of upper management. Promotions are encouraged. There is not hard part of the job; as long as you work hard it is easy to adapt and succeed within the company.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Promotion opportunities, Tuition reimbursement, free movies, Time and a half pay for holidays
Cons
Need to be available to work weekends and holidays.
An amazing place to work!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZDecember 3, 2018
Harkins Theatres has taught me so much and continues to do so. From guest service skills to learning to be a leader, Harkins Theatres fulfills it’s mission statement not only through its services but also through its employees.
Pros
Free movies, free soda, free popcorn.
Not worth it
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chandler Crossroads 12December 2, 2018
Great team but constantly short handed due to poor upper management. No guaranteed breaks. Consistently staying hours after shift to complete work. Favoritism. No additional pay for +40 hours worked. Flexible scheduling for school and time off. Must work holidays.
Pros
Free soda and popcorn for management
Cons
Long hours, no guaranteed break, constantly short staffed, poor upper management.
Productive/Great community
Usher/Concessions (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZNovember 28, 2018
Not a very hard job just really repetitive. The management is great at some locations, just depends on where you are working. Culture is really tight knit.
Pros
Free popcorn/drinks/movies
Cons
must have a very flexible schedule
Great environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXNovember 28, 2018
Working at the theatre you don’t always work with the same people. Staff is typically in a great mood and managers are willing to work to resolve any conflicts which may arise.
Best place to start out
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZNovember 20, 2018
To say that Harkins is the best place I have ever worked is an understatement. The managers are hard but fair, they also look after their employee's and take their job seriously. The other Harkins employee's and your co-workers are very friendly and are always willing to lend a helpful hand. The only downside is that it is only a part-time job at minimum wage. If you choose this as your career you can certainly get more hours and raises, if you're thinking about choosing a career in customer service I would highly recommend Harkins.
Pros
Discounts, friendly work enviornment, Fast-paced.
Cons
Non-Sustainable living, short breaks
Great first job!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 19, 2018
There’s so much room to grow and improve.
Free popcorn and movies is always a plus. There are a lot of special events and screenings. They’re very flexible with working around your schedule.
Pros
Popcorn, movies, compensation in gift cards for when you’re doing a good job.
Cons
Late nights
Decent first job, but there are better jobs.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 18, 2018
During my time at Harkins Theaters, I enjoyed the friendships I made, though I did not enjoy the job. I will say that I've known people who love the job, customer service just isn't for everyone and I'm one of those people. The job culture is okay, but the management style of the company centers around micromanaging which can be stressful at times.
Pros
Double hourly pay on holidays
Cons
Open every holiday, strict rules

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harkins Theatres. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight