Harland Clarke Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Love it
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTAugust 15, 2018
I recommend this job to anyone who loves CSR, They're hours are flexible and they will work with you after you meet there 90 day probation. Management is always there to help you with any questions that you have on the project you are assigned too.
A lot of hours to work/ very little pay
Inserter (Former Employee) –  TXAugust 11, 2018
If you are single or don't have kids to provide for go ahead and work there. Either way you will soon realize the work/life balance is so bad. You work 12 hrs mostly and work 10 hrs either Sat. or Sunday depending on the demand for that week. You can quickly run out of pto/vacation for the year simply because one day is a 12 hrs. Then the pay isn't worth it simply because you got to do overtime to have a decent check. Oh and that's not really guaranteed like you may have been told. Yes you get overtime every other week when you work weekends, but only a few hrs more. Try it if you want.
Benefits
Cons
12 hrs, little pay, no work life balance, and small advancement in company
Clarke American was a great place to work
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 7, 2018
Clarke American gave me the opportunity to learn all about the Accounts Payable side on the company, I was also given the opportunity to be the Assistant to our Assistant Manager of the call center
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Productive and fun work place
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 2, 2018
Good work environment, excellent people to work with they help you become the best of the best. Helps you be more successful really care about your future.
Good company to work for but ...
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 27, 2018
Harland Clarke is a good company to work for but the pay is just ok and there is very little room for career advancement. it is a growing company so there is definitely job security. Management is ok.
overall it is a good company for people out of High School or with some college, a good starting job to pay you to go to school and move on later.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Pay
No work life balance
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 25, 2018
Long hours, many, many meetings. There are some really nice people working there, but there are some who have overstayed their welcome and are not managed which contributes to a very negative environment.
Pros
There are some really nice people who are very competent
Cons
Low pay, long hours, slow to manage people
Offer Work from Home Jobs
Product Campaign Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 21, 2018
Remote job oppourtinity was a plus and great benefits. Wage increases are minimum. Workplace environment is acceptable. Headquarters located in San Antonio, Texas
Like drama? Work here.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 16, 2018
If you like high school drama and people who cannot keep their noses out of others business and want to report every small thing you say about anything or thoughts about someone that is not even deemed as rude or immoral to management then avoid this job.

A typical work day is you take calls for banks and being yelled at from certain customers who did not get their checks when they were the ones who did not listen to what needed to be done by the bank or the rep on the phone telling them it can not be done due to security policy.

Bankers are just as bad as they want you to try and circumvent their own security policies to get their own work agenda finished.

I did high school once before I don't wanna do it again. I will be looking for new work ASAP.
Pros
Cons
low pay, drama in every corner, nosey co workers
Enjoyable place with some great people
Heath Turret Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Milton, WAJuly 16, 2018
Was somewhat of a relaxed environment and developed some good friends from the time I was employed there. Was also involved with united way where we did volunteer work for the community.
Manufacturing environment was fast paced
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 15, 2018
A good place to work. Management is very engaged at training you from the first day. Supervisors are interested in you from the first time you start a job.
Fun place to work
Imaggia Digital Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJuly 13, 2018
This company cares about you as an employee, as long as you care about your job. If you are interested and you work hard you are definitely rewarded for it.
Pros
Nice people, fun
Cons
can not think of any
Keeping looking
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 11, 2018
This company is strapped for cash. Two layoffs in 2018 and we only half way through the year. Upper management is clearly scrambling. If you working on the plant floor, you are fine. If you have a management position, watch out. No nice way to put it, they are very disorganized.
Pros
Coworker relations
Cons
Insurance is like Obama care, little if any perks
Very productive and relaxed work place
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 7, 2018
Best company by far to work for. Though it may have a stressful day or two, it was a enjoyable to come to work. Great team work, one always knew what the situation was for a work schedule. Employees helped one another and schedules were met. Hardest part of the job was getting to work in inclement weather.
Pros
A fun and relaxed place to work at
Cons
Be without a forklift for a day when it went down
Office politics rule the atmosphere
Billing Specialist - Contract Implementation Team (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 29, 2018
I received a first rate education on business working at Harland, however, the overall morale was low. Also, turnover rate was a problem, although not in my particular area.
Great work environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 24, 2018
I would definitely recommend working for this company they treat their employees great and the pay is also great .. I would definitely consider going back to work for them
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Fun place to work. Good management staff.
Production Control Coordinator Ill (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJune 19, 2018
Company gives you every opportunity for advancement and prepares you for success in new positions. Employee oriented company. Company encourages advancement.
Pros
Paid lunch, great benefits
Cons
Some long work days.
I so loved this job, I would gladly work for them again.
Marketing Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 18, 2018
Harland Clark is a wonderful place to work. I feel that they do not protect their temporary employees from the bad behavior of the permanent employees. I worked for them for a year as a temp and was on the verge of being hired, and because of the irrational behavior of an unstable employee and her discriminatory, ignorant behavior I was transferred to another assignment. I really miss working there.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Protection for temporary employees.
Great place for a career to die
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 14, 2018
I was there for over a year and didn't see a cohesive mission or strategy. The workplace was not inviting to a new person, and I consider myself outgoing. They claim to be an agile workshop; however, there is no consistency in the practice. At best they are doing iterative development, which seems like an excuse to do a sloppy job on scope and requirements. There is no documentation for best practice or business process - the project management group doesn't see the value in document either. Albeit it brief, a very bad experience.
Great Place to Learn and Grow
CHECK FOLIO TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJune 5, 2018
Clock in on time and get ready to start your shift right after the daily cross shift meetings. I learned to be a self starter and how to reduce wasted motion. The 5S system implemented was one of the best ideas the company followed through with. Plenty of internal promotion opportunities were available if you worked hard enough. The hardest part of the job was standing 12 hours a shift. The people you worked with were like your family and you always wanted everyone to succeed.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long shift
n/a
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 5, 2018
The hours are good, the work is reasonable, but the pay is not. They expect total dedication, the only way you can afford to make a living is to volunteer all of your free time to working overtime just to be able to afford to pay your basic bills.