Harland Clarke Employee Reviews

Productive and a great place to work
Quality Coach (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJanuary 3, 2019
Work started at 9 am and sometimes I did not finish until 6 or 6:30. I coached the representatives on my line, listened to calls evaluated and scored the calls. Completed projects that were given to me by the Supervisor or Manager. I learned how to be an effective Coach.
A great place to work and the environment of this call center was good. I loved this job so I did not have a hard part. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning and interacting with everyone.
Pros
Free Lunches, etc.
Cons
There was no cons for me
Fast paced, diverse and complex product offering.
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 7, 2018
Good company to work for. Opportunity for advancement. Could be more niche focused on service offerings to perfect those instead of trying offer all things to all companies.
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INNovember 29, 2018
Not a bad company to plan a career with, as long as you get along with the other employees there. Amazing benefits, very easy work, most employees are down to earth but there is a bit of a hierarchy when it comes to certain employees. Do not recommend applying if you have any health issues that are undocumented by a physician. Employees will complain on the drop of a hat if they feel they are doing more than you. I worked there for a little over a year before being termination due to stomach issues which they categorized as "misappropriation of time" because of restroom visits.
Pros
Great pay, benefits early on, paid time off
Cons
Employee complaints, management lacking
Great perks for employees
Process Quality Team Leader II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 12, 2018
Paid on the job training. Great benefits and perks for employees. Need the ability to multitask and work in a group environment. There are opportunities for advancement within the company, locally and nationally.
Pros
Employee Events, lunches, BBQ's, parties, retirement plan
Cons
Long periods of standing.
Interesting but can be stressful.
Online Customer Support (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 10, 2018
-You begin your shift by logging into your computer.

-When you are ready you start up your phone and begin to receive calls automatically.

-You help the members who call you troubleshoot their problem or if unable to, transfer the member back to the financial institution that the call originated from.

-Most calls are from out of state.

-The management is okay. The downside though is you can have three different managers on one project depending on if the other managers have moved onto another project. So it can be hard to determine who you report to.

-Quality Control can be harsh depending on what project you are on.

-The hardest part of the job is when you receive back to back to back calls and the members calling in become upset when there is nothing you can do to help them because of mistake the financial institution made.

-The call floor is very restrictive on what you can and cannot take onto it.
Pros
Consistent hours for a project.
Cons
Short breaks, Usually understaffed in projects that have been running for a while, Training for certain projects could be better
Customer Service and Sales
Customer Service and Sales, Specialist II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 4, 2018
This company serviced major banks. They use contract labor to perform basic teller jobs for banks. This way the bank can employ fewer people while Harland Clarke jump through hoops to please the bank. Since they pay so low, the banks save money because Harland is doing teller work at a bargain basement rate of pay.
Pros
not a physical work job.
Cons
they constantly encourage you to go home early to minimize your pay.
It was a fast paced job but fun at times.
EDS Operator (Former Employee) –  Grapevine TxNovember 2, 2018
It was a fast pace job. Had a lot of work and did the best that I could to please the Customer. The company has very nice people in charge. They always make you feel part of the team. They have several incentives during the year.
Pros
Free lunches didnt have to clock out.x
Cons
To long of a day standing up all day..
Nice place to work paid vacations right off of the get go.
Ink Jet Operator (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCNovember 1, 2018
It is a great place to work I've learned how to run different equipment and to do good quality work. There really isn't any hard part of the jobs unless you can't lift 50LBS.
Pros
paid vaction as soon as you start
Great career
Universal Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 27, 2018
The people were always friendly to work with, great medical benefits, clean work areas, delicious food, free coffee, company field trips, very good pay compensation/ work ratio. 5/5 would do it again.
Pros
Very understanding
Cons
Wish I didn't have to go
fast paced
Customer Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 22, 2018
I really enjoyed working there, we took inbound calls for Bank of America. We provided balance, updated profile, offered check designs and offered upsells when appropriate.
Pros
supervisors were very helpful
Cons
no cons.
n/a
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 22, 2018
This was a project based job. I completed roughly 3 projects while employed for clients such as American Express and Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield. T
A decent place to work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 18, 2018
Plenty of overtime, good benefits. Bringing in new updated equipment so feel like there is a sense of job security even though printing checks is a declining industry.
Too many different projects
Customer Care Specialist I (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 10, 2018
I was part of Marketing Sol which meant we did a lot of Acq for diff banks.Train in 2 days to do gen bankng. Constant sched chng with lil or no notice
Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 9, 2018
Harland Clarke is a great place to work. The environment is very healthy and the leadership are very down to earth. From the first day I started my internship, my boss made sure that I had everything I needed.
Fast paced. goal oriented
Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INOctober 3, 2018
It was an ok place to work, just very production based. You were held accountable if you did not meet your production goals, sometimes even if it was not within your control (out of stock, machine failure, etc...)
Great place to Work
Client Services-Retail Channels Billing Spec (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2018
I enjoyed working for Harland Clarke. Great place to work. Great benefits and pay. Located downtown Atlanta on Peachtree Street. I enjoyed working in the city.
typical work day
Boxer/Shipper/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INSeptember 25, 2018
I liked the people that I worked with and the job that I preformed and would probably still work there but the location I worked at closed so I was forced to find other employment
Enjoyable times at work
Sales Enablement Support (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Can be a good place to work. Company works at being a family friendly, balanced place. Offers Work Life Balance application for all employees which covers physical and mental health.
Decent pay, unbearable stress
Junior Developer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 17, 2018
It's like a Dilbert cartoon. Source code is constantly missing or a developer will use his copy as opposed to what's checked into source control. Rogue developers will put stuff in production that hasn't passed SQA.

It's all about making graphs look good.
harland clarke
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 5, 2018
it was very competitive, fun, and very good managment, always trained and taught new things. Worked as a representative for people who had bank accounts who needed to order checks, check accessories
Pros
good management, fun things every month
Cons
system issues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harland Clarke. Our community is ready to answer.