Harland Clarke Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Wouldn't recomend
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 23, 2018
The work flow comes and goes depending on what department you work in. If you are someone that likes to kiss butt on a regular basis, get paid poorly, and treated like dirt than this is the place for you.
Don't be fooled by the unlimited PTO. It isn't easy to schedule and It's the only thing they offer to try and make up for making everyone kiss their shoes constantly. You'll be lucky if you even get to use it.
Pros
Endless Hours of PTO.
Cons
Everything else.
Produtve
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 17, 2018
Harland Clarke is a good job to work at if you need certain hours for your schedule, they also offer paid time off up front which a good thing. The call center is really okay, I would recommend it here. Just not for everybody.
I enjoyed working at Harland Clarke.
Call Center-Customer service and sales (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78256May 15, 2018
I worked 10 hr shifts 4 days a week. I enjoyed working with the people at Harland Clarke. They were supportative when my sister in law passed away making sure I got time off to go to funeral.
Pros
supportive staff
Cons
at times got very busy with phone calls
fun work place with basketball hoop
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 7, 2018
what i liked least about the job opportunity was the 2 week period of no activity. the project had ended and for 2 weeks, i was left without any income.
Pros
n/a
Cons
short breaks and long periods between breaks
I like the competition between shifts and bonus that were given
Automated Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 7, 2018
I was really happy with the pay Harland-Clarke paid. And the overtime was moderate that was ideal for me .And also the dress code was nice ..relaxed dress code is always good
Pros
good pay
Cons
sometimes it was cold
Decent place to work
Customer Service and Sales (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 9, 2018
Its not a terrible place to work, they try to keep the atmosphere upbeat and the managers are really good with working with you to ensure you enjoy coming to work
Management needs improvement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 7, 2018
This is most definitely not a career. But it’s okay for a starter job. Management plays favorites and will not let you advance unless they like you. No matter what skills you have or how qualified you are for the position you want.
Keep going, don't freeze up
Call Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT 84116April 3, 2018
This job prepared me for complications with customer when there wasn't anything I could help the customer with. I learned that I should offer what I could do instead of why I couldn't.
Fun Place
Workforce Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 28, 2018
Great place, easy work flow and you stay busy. The call floor is nice and everyone is friendly here. The open door policy is great and all of management is very professional.
poor management
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 9, 2018
The duties were good. However, due to poor management I worked in an unhealthy environment. 50-60 hrs per week. Couldn't take PTO. Was lectured for being late after working all night and 1 hour of sleep.
Wonderful people to work with as reflected by the many "bounce back" employees who leave and return
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAMarch 1, 2018
Fast paced, diverse and complex product offering. But, outstanding performance doesn't guarantee recognition or even retention.
Very creative efforts to develop new products and turn the company from check focused to more Marketing solutions.
Still trying to figure things out
Client Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 12, 2018
When I left Harland Clarke, they were trying to add third party teleservices to their existing check business. They were still trying to figure out how best to leverage that and it was a slow and painful process.
Pros
Good co-workers, but they were all from an acquisition not legacy HC
Cons
Low pay
messy
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXFebruary 9, 2018
Like any job people can be a little messy and they are definitely messy up there at Harland Clarke. The men are worse than the women. I was on D shift an it was bad.
Pros
lunch is 30 min and you work 12 hours
Great Place to Work
Learning & Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INFebruary 8, 2018
I loved my job at Harland Clarke in Jeffersonville. This company does so much to show employees that they are appreciated. The Employee Engagement Team has fun activities going on all of the time and furnishes many meals, games, and treats. There are opportunities led by the Community Involvement Team to give back to the community. The plant director makes a point to talk to everyone every day and know everyone’s name. This company even provides a benefit of time off to be with your family if you have an immediate relative pass away. You have opportunities to be involved on teams to have an input. New ideas are valued and heard. Leadership provides open and honest communication. Hourly employees receive long break periods. PTO time is fantastic to start off with and your earn more the longer you stay with the company. This is a great place to work. All you have to do is show up, be on time, and give your best effort!
not as good as it use to be
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INFebruary 1, 2018
I started with this company in Charlotte North Carolina and loved working there. Relocated to Indiana when the call center I worked in was closed. Worst choice of my life. Jeffersonville center management is the worst I have ever witnessed
Pros
benefits are great
Cons
upper management sucks
fast paced call center
Customer Sales & Service Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 30, 2018
take back to back calls helping customers order new checks. required to up sale and offer new products to customers. resolve any issues that the customer may have
Hc
Order Acceptance Processor II (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJanuary 28, 2018
Harland Clarke was a great company to work for. I worked there for 15 years, the only reason I left was because they were starting to lay off in my area. I found another job before they closed the entire front office down.
Very fast paced a lot of hours were involved, mandatory to work.
High Speed Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJanuary 22, 2018
This job was very unorganized and very demanding at the same time. The machines didn't work properly as well which created more then enough issues to work out. Management didn't know anything about the process.
Na
San Antonio, Texas Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 9, 2018
Slow day.. Unable to get schedule change when requested far in advance. New hires had more access to schedule change than employees that were already working there.
very friendly enviorment
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78292January 9, 2018
Everyone looked out for each other,helped each other. Always willing to teach new things. If i ever had a question they never had hesitated stopping what they were doing to help me.