Harlem Hospital Center Employee Reviews

Awesome
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 8, 2018
Excellent management team and cooperative workplace environment. Clean, safe, and friendly facility. Would highly recommend to friends and family for years.
terrible
ATLS assistant (Current Employee) –  Harlem, NYFebruary 21, 2018
a typical day of work includes coming into an already stressed environment where all the staff are overworked and where nothing is taught. All underpaid.
Cooperative and enjoyable relationsip with coworkers
RN (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2018
I have been working in Harlem hospital center. I have had a lot of trouble working here because this is my first employment in US straight from South Korea. Working in Harlem hospital is quite demanding and challenging like other ERs in city hospitals around Newyork city but I could keep on working because of nice coworkers. They are very supportive and encouraging. I am so thankful for them.
working at Harlem hospital was very interesting and I will recommend the hospital to all friends
Fire Safety Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2018
I am under an agreement never to disclose any information about the hospital. All I can say is I enjoyed working at the hospital All my seniors and other staff members were very cooperative, and together they made my work there very easy . I really enjoyed my stay at the hospital.
Pros
I had an hour break every working day
Cons
I enjoyed free healthcare.
Good and important ministry in Harlem.
Associate Director of Pastoral Care (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2018
I was able to walk to work, serve my culture and community and practice important ministry in an area of our nation that has been neglected. I felt very good about the work and accomplishments of the hospital and the Pastoral care Department.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Some days were so stressful!
Excellent place to work
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Fellow (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2017
Received excellent training in oral surgery. Great benefits and work life balance. Hardest part of the job was taking call. I lbecame proficient in oral surgery from this job
Institutional aide (Current Employee) –  Shipping receiving/respiratorySeptember 18, 2017
I like working at harlem I've learned a lot in my 10 years herethetwe is room
For growth but you have to take the initiative in going to school and moving up in positions also take advantage of any civil service exams that are posted
New Management had no clue
Clerical Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2017
New manager had no clue when doing scheduling, would normally call you at home and tell you after the fact that the schedule had been changed and that you are scheduled to be at work. Had to work with people that have been there for over 15 years that refuse to do there jobs.
Pros
Cons
working there
choose not to
Head Nurse (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10037September 7, 2017
A typical day at work, assess pt, put in pre procedure orders, pr procedure note, assist with procedure. The hardest part of my job is getting pt down for procedure the escort system is not effective. When the patient gets down and we begin procedure.
great work environment to grow and learn
X-ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  New York StateJuly 25, 2017
-The day started with getting the machines warmed up and making sure all equipment is in place, clean and ready to use
-I have learned a lot about Digital radiography, patient diversity, and different procedures
-The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to deliver the best image using the latest technology outstanding patient care and seeing the patients leaving the department happy
very busy, great learning experience
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2017
Very busy, experience working with different types of patients. Employees can make their schedules. Hardest part of job can be providing care to those who refuse.
Cons
short staffed
very good site and good vibes
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2017
when i was working in the nurse department for the summer my typical day included, filing papers. doing mail and office work. also answering phone call.
Had the potential to be a good place to work; Poor management
Administrative Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2017
Due to poor management, low recognition of staff and issues being politicized made it a challenge working there. The most enjoyable part of the job was communicating with front line staff.
Pros
Great Health Benefits
Cons
Poor leadership
Loved working there
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2017
Nice place to work. Friendly staff. Convenient shopping and restaurants. Administration was fair and unbiased. Hospital is clean and well maintained.
Pros
Convenient to shopping and restaurants
internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2017
I worked briefly with Harlem hospital for internship while attending TCI. It was a great stepping stone for me. They were willing to hire me but NYU called and excepted
Understaffed
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2017
Shortage of employees throughout the hospital resulting in sub-par patient care. Below average pay but offers good benefits
Wonderful places to work.
Associate Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 6, 2017
These are wonderful places to work in terms of professional development . There was collegiality, management very supportive
and opportunity for growth and skills enhancement due to teaching nature of these facilities.
it a fun place to work. i gained a whole lot of experience at Harlem Hospital Center.
Behavioral Health Associate (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 26, 2017
Harlem Hospital Center is a great place to work.I enjoy working there. The management team are great. As a Behavioral Health Associate the hardiest part of of my job is the get the patients on the same level. The most enjoyable part of my job is to see my patients happy. When they are happy everybody is happy.
Teaching enviiornment
Registered Nurse/ Acute Care (Current Employee) –  Harlem, NYJanuary 21, 2017
productive and great workplace enviornment

good management

RN are knowledgable

Great teaching environment

I learned alot of nursing skills working with this hospital
Harlem full of life
Patient Navigator, Temporary Staff (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2016
Harlem Hospital was a great place to work and full of life. The culture was great and the humor and serious work ethic was very important to have. I hoped for my six month temporary term to continue but it was unable to and I could not prolong the trial. Great environment but serious, since I worked in the ER.