HARLEM UNITED Employee Reviews

Poor Leadership
DIRECTOR OF PROGRAM PLANNING & OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  NYNYMarch 3, 2019
Cannot give a favorable review. I have nothing good to say about this organization. I did not like working there and the organization did not meet my expectations.
Pros
Cons
Poor Leadership
N/a
Peer Attendant (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 17, 2019
i just meet some new friend and the job knowledge familiar with health benefites everyone in the job was cool the only that i remember the management doesnt offer full time for new employe
Work place
HIV Test Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2018
Terrible management team and no organization and poor management. Extremely unorganized and management does not stand behind their staff. Does not follow OSHA guidelines.
Pros
Only 3 free sessions of therapy
Cons
Very stressful
Competitive
Lead Team Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 5, 2018
They strive for the best quality of care for the clients. They service the Chronically Ill. Harlem United has clinic hours for adults and children. They should have a housing liaison for their Health Home department
I love my job because
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 31, 2018
I feel that I am working with professionals that I can learn from and that they will push me to take on new and challenging opportunities.I am treated with respect, given daily encouragement, paid well.I am proud to say I work for Harlem United.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No Union
reliable support
Medical Assistant (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 30, 2018
when you are doing something you love it does not feel like work. being able to help others allows you to grow as a person. while working a Harlem united I learned so many things but one of the things I remember most is the opportunities that were allow to grow in your career. the hardest part of working at Harlem united was when you found out patient has passed. the most enjoyable moments working there was when the patients put on a show to show off their talents.
Productive workplace with great teamwork
Phlebotomist, HIV/HCV Tester (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2018
Harlem United is a place for many people to come for mental health, medical, testing and housing support and much more. Our team does outreach work to encourage everyone to get tested for HIV, Hep C, and STI's such as, Chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis, that we provide. The best part of my job is being able to provide the patient with information about safer sex, PrEP/PEP and discuss any problems or questions they might be having regarding HIV, Hep C, and STI's and getting their full confidence in me before I draw their blood. As the Phlebotomist, I am required to make sure the patient is comfortable and safe before and during I preform the venipuncture. This workplace is very productive and does a great job with communication between managers and workers as well as getting people to get tested.
Pros
Meeting have great food.
Cons
Can have some slow days
Medical Office Assistant (Temp) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2018
Harlem united was a great place to work, diverse work space, adequate training and educated people in the facility. Has adult and pediatric providers.
Haralem United is a great agency
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2018
My typical day at work consist of checking emails, making client contact, collaborating with other providers and assisting client with maintaining adherence with providers. I also ensure client are linked to needed resources and providers to assist them to sustain a healthy lifestyle.
Pros
Great support from staff members
Cons
No Union, medical benefits are expensive
HU was a learning experience
Recovery Support services worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 2, 2018
I would recommend HU to those who may be just entering the human services field and who need experience to move forward with their career goals as the work towards sharpening their skills
Pros
HU is a good learn place
Cons
positions and salaries are dictated by the contract you work under
Mission driven to help clients
Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 31, 2018
The clients are at the forefront of the business and all the clients needs are put into consideration to provide the best service with the resources given with regard to health and housing
Very productive and fun place to be. They have 2 pool tables and pingpong tables as well.
Peer Educator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 13, 2018
I think Harlem United is a company that's worth working for because they give you the opportunity to grow. If you have potential for other work than I can assure you, you will get promoted.
Pros
They privide you the car fare.
Cons
Short breaks
Great work place
Maintenance Worker and Driver (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2018
Harlem United was my first job and it was the best ever. For one the staff there is so happy and helpful. The Supervisors are relaxed and as long as you know your job they are not shadows. Also there were a lot of activities for the staff as well as the clients that attended. Cookouts and events Harlem United is the best.
Pros
Functions all year long
Cons
Tired after a long day
Community Services
New Business Devolvement Engagment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harlem, NYApril 26, 2018
Busy fast pace organization that focused on the community and new business development. Learned about crisis intervention and community healthcare linkages
face paced enviornent
Program Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2018
My day at work started with a debriefing with staff, enhanced methods of dealing with staff. The management was poor however later revised. The culture was somewhat fact paced, but supportive. Dealing with excessive meetomgs , enhancing skills of staff management.
Pros
trainings
Cons
limited resources
Poor management
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 11, 2018
This company company is always telling you that they do not have money to increase hard working employee's salaries. However the higher ups will receive substantial increases. They mismamage funders money for their own benefits.
great place
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2018
working here you must be quick on your feet you see a lot of ppl a day different questions so be prepared for craziness at work.management can be better other then that ok job
Pros
hour breaks
Cons
rude management
Un ambiente de trabajo muy profecional y didáctico.
Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 28, 2018
Pues para la empresa que brinde mayores oportunidades de crecimiento y aprendisaje a cada empleado para que este pueda ser promovido a otros asuntos laborales dentro o fuera de la compañía.
Pros
No brindar una metrocard mensual
Cons
Solo teníamos tres metro card de dos pases
Great Place
Community Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2018
Harlem United is a great place to work. They will provide you with training to properly and successfully complete your job and even further you to new jobs, titles and careers.
Started off great
CDL Driver/ Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 21, 2017
When i first got there it was fine . BUT as soon as they got a Male driver they started treating me messed up. Making me work inside the office and that wasnt my job title . I was suppose to be driving and he came in with a higher pay than me.
Pros
Great co workers/ family
Cons
Not seeing clients as much