Harley-Davidson Employee Reviews

Found 1,102 reviews matching the search See all 1,232 reviews
Very unstble company. No growth.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIFebruary 1, 2019
Would not recommend this company as a place to work at this time. Lack of leadership, union/management relations poor. Very degrading culture. Company very unstable. Have laid off employees for 8 years straight. It’s a joke that every Oct. they announce a reorganization. Because they don’t manage budgets well, budgets are froze to be able to meet the budget at Year end.
Pros
Discounted motorcycle (not much of anything else good)
Cons
Benefits, pay, raises are very small percent for almost everyone, Directors and above haven’t received a raise in 2yrs.
Really great company with tons of opportunities for advancement
Collections Associate (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVJanuary 2, 2019
I really enjoyed working here. I was given options to go to conventions as well as classes to advance, learn and grow. The benefits were great too. My direct supervisor created a personal mess for me so I had to go, but I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a fun, challenging and nurturing career path.
Pros
Too many to list
Cons
Management was not held accountable for their shortcomings in their roles
Not a good place to work at
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  BlacktownFebruary 6, 2019
Harley Heaven Western Sydney - where to begin, the dealer principle is a joke. He keeps firing people Im surprised he’s not the one being fired. No benefits, managers do not care about their staff whatsoever. Poor culture. People who get hired only last two days because the environment is brutal. Dealer principle does not care about you, you are literally dirt to him. No benefits, rewards, expected to work overtime and guess what?? You don’t get paid for it. It’s a miracle people are still working there with the highest turnover rate of staff I’ve ever seen. Poor moral and ethics, I could go on. I honestly must say ever since the new dealer principle started, things got worse and worse. DO NOT work here you are better off as a fast food place or anywhere else except Harley Heaven WESTERN SYDNEY.
Pros
Cons
Everything. You literally go to work to receive a Paycheck and that’s IT.
Used to be a great company to work for
Assembly, CNC Machining (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIDecember 5, 2018
When I began in Jan 2000, I LOVED going to work. You were praised by co-workers and management for good working practices, management left you alone to do your job, friendly atmosphere, company cared about quality and safety, the company CARED about employees, great benefits, company cared about relationship with employees, recognized employees on birthdays and work anniversaries, DESIRED keeping a good relationship with employees thru/with union, more open to working with employees when they had hardships or health conditions
PRESENT DAY-Working there is depressing, management does whatever they can get away with to create hostile work environments, union isn't strong-backs down to company on everything, benefits are horrible, the HR department does whatever they can to get rid of dedicated/old time employees to bring in casuals/"part-time" workers at half the pay, quality has gone way down because casuals don't care because "they only make half of whet regulars do so why should they care?", safety is only an issue after someone gets injured, casuals are given too many opportunities to screw up and regular employees are quickly punished with severer consequences
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything listed above in PRESENT DAY section
Like watching a massive train wreck in slow-motion
Manager (Former Employee) –  MilwaukeeJanuary 30, 2019
This company, while still profitable, is a complete disaster. Terrible, (borderline schizophrenic) senior management has created a horrible culture where continued mistakes and poor decisions are paid for by front line staff. They've done 4 or 5 "restructurings" in the past few years. It's only a matter of time until the shareholders oust the current CEO and his inept leadership team. Riding on the coattails of previous regimes and a reputation that, in reality, no longer exists -- this company is a total horror show to work for. They may dangle a decent salary in front of you -- but don't take the bait -- you'll absolutely regret it.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Terrible leadership and culture, blame everyone else attitude, no accountability
good pay good benefits
Skilled Trades Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 24, 2018
Good pay, good benefits.
stressful and micro management.
The culture is very demanding. As a skilled trades supervisor you take care of employees vacations, timecards, scheduling of overtime, ordering parts, scheduling service requisitions. Everything but what a supervisor should be doing.
Pros
discounts on motorcycles
Cons
stressful
Challenging and Stressful Both
Manager - Parts Department (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 12, 2018
Working at HDBG is fun because there are some good people and the product, the motorcycle and accessories are the best in the industry. The problem is the stress in meeting the demands of many tough customers and the need to meet financial targets in a business suffering by aging demographics.
Pros
Great Bikes
Cons
Very long hours on salary; stress
Rat hole
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 27, 2019
Once you finally learn your job they move you to some other area where nobody wants to train you because they are afraid you will take their job. Horrible training. The smell in the plant is putrid. Takes 6 months to get used to. All big corporations are going to casual workers. Revolving door.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No benefits for casual empoyees but still have to pay union dues??
lied about pay plan
Finance manager (Former Employee) –  Southampton, MAJanuary 19, 2019
they offered a pay plan, that didn't take effect until the goal was met for monthly sales, which never happened. So compensation was never given for sold products
Hard work on the assembly line and production numbers are paramount.
Motorcycle Assembler (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 8, 2018
This company needs to leave Kansas City. They say that the jobs are moving to York PA. But with the recent construction of a plant in Taiwan, I hardly doubt this to be the case.

No room for advancement. This is the only job that I've had that didn't allow (or was extremely difficult) to advance. Sure you could make lateral movement anytime you wanted to, but by doing this you risk the chance of being moved to night shift.

There were also several years with no raises, even though the company was doing okay at the time.

My opinion: This skunk needs to be shot and be removed from this country as fast as possible!!!
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Too many to list!
Great place to learn and grow with opportunities to advance your career through further education
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 27, 2018
Harley Davidson offers the opportunity to advance within your career or earn another degree or skills geared towards business and the betterment of your portfolio. Next year I plan on going back to school to achieve my masters in Human Resources so that I may assist others in life changing opportunities as Harley Davidson has done for me.
Pros
The Employee Benefits
Cons
No grace period for being late
working at harley
Production Tech I (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 29, 2018
working at this company was very fulfilling. the people worked as a team to get work done. management allowed input and took into consideration. overtime was excessive at times but i grew accustomed to it. hardest part was seeing the company close kc locaion.
Pros
excellent benefits, good pay
Cons
company closing
Please dont think this is your break in life
Vehicle Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  BaysideOctober 18, 2018
I went into my first interview and I waited over 45 minutes to speak to a manager just for him to tell me after waiting for 45 minutes that he would like to do my interview tomorrow morning and that he was just too busy even though I had three to four times I could have talked to him for more than a few minutes at a time. Their customers are more valued than their employees and a sell is always more important than you are.

And to top things off the commission is horrible and there is no salary that's fake that's your expected Commission in a year don't be fooled like I was.
Pros
Nice bikes to look at
Cons
Youll never be able to afford one
Entry Level Career Oriented, no career advancement
Continuous Improvement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 12, 2018
No clear defined expectations for salary and support staff, hourly entry level jobs very lucrative and easy. Job culture was very negative and union members did not want to accept the movement of the company, bringing any projects to a standstill.
Pros
Consistent hours
Cons
No clear goals or expectations
Interesting Question
Motorcycle Technician (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WASeptember 11, 2018
I can not review all Harley dealerships in one package.
Some places are great for years then ownership changes hands and
everything from the work environment to compensation goes south quickly.
Plant closing in 9 months
Fabrication Welder (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 8, 2018
Plant is closing in 9 months so I do not recommend trying to start a career. Unless you are looking for a salary position and are willing to relocate.
Fun work enviorment
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Corinth, TXAugust 9, 2018
American Eagle Harley Davidson is number one in the state of Texas. They are fair to employees and always have great events with charitable fundraisers for great causes. Working for this company is ideal.
Pros
Free meals, great hours
Cons
Weather permits.
Very productive
Operator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 26, 2018
The pay was great. They biggest issue here was communication. It’s s really fast pace job with long hours. The benefits were pretty good and the pay was great.
Fun but low paying
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 12, 2018
No advancement options. No paid time off or sick time pay. No paid lunches, only get 30 minutes for a 7 hour shift, too. Not minimum wage but not enough to live on your own. This is a good job to get straight out of high school.
It once was considered the best place to work in america.
Power Train Technician 2 (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIJune 23, 2018
Those days of great union jobs are gone. Harley has No more benefits, no raises, no bonuses, no full time, now it's contract or temporary. for six months then you're gone and no guarantee you'll get it back. They even dropped their employee wages by 70%
It was all high-jacked by wall street corporate greed. Now it's one of the worst places to work, but in comparison that's getting to be the norm.
Pros
easy work
Cons
No reason to work there, no prestige, no discount nor could you afford to buy a bike with what they pay you now even with a 20% discount.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harley-Davidson. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight