Harman Employee Reviews

Very Clean Factory
Auto Team Memer (Former Employee) –  Franklin, KYJuly 6, 2018
It was really nice coming to work knowing that you didn't have to leave all messy. It was also nice working for a place that kept you busy and made you strive to want to do more and more everyday. Everyone worked as a team and it was awesome.
Pros
Clean workplace
Cons
People spreading rumors
Stagnant but stable
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 4, 2018
The delivery of materials has stagnated in terms of sales and process. The process has remained in place and there is frustration within the culture about the direction of the different departments. Many innovations that are standard in different companies are absent. Business modules in the databases and wms systems are scaled back or do not exist causing frustration among the employees.
Pros
Stable environment
Cons
lack of management plan to solve day to day problems
Productive wrok environment
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIJuly 2, 2018
Environment around Harman is very productive every one will be busy with there work positive vibes from managers/leads will lead you to work more efficiently
great brand and technology compamy
VP Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJune 22, 2018
great company with many good brands, top shelf technology, big in automotive industry, good leadership, pays well, fun company to work for, opportunity for advancement.
Pros
good environment
Cons
no real cons
Easy to work with and lead my own store
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJune 21, 2018
my typical work day was around many hours. I enjoyed working in my own store with my own crew of 12. My hardest part of my job was the constant negativity from the area consultant
Not a fun place to work. Very stressful.
Warenhouse Team Member (Former Employee) –  Franklin, KYJune 2, 2018
They didn't care about family at all. Their main concern was the bottom dollar. I worked from 7a to 7p sometimes and other times I worked from 7a to 3:30p, 7 days a week with 1 day off every 3 weeks. I was a single mom, so I had to work but I never got to spend time with my son but once a month. The money doesn't compensate for the time missed with family.
Pros
Met some wonderful people.
Cons
Management is terrible. No family time. 1 day off every 3 weeks.
productive work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INMay 21, 2018
I enjoyed working at Harman and the people I got to work with as well made it very easy and less stressful we all worked together as a team to get the job done.
Pros
lunch was provided at our end of the month scheduals when we worked 12 hour days
Cons
when we had to work more than 15 hrs in a day
Great people to work with at the lower levels
Sr Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTMay 15, 2018
Great people to work with at the lower levels but upper management(CEO) make a lot of bad choices and blames it on the bottom/working people. I really enjoyed what I did.
Pros
Great people to work with at the lower levels
Cons
Bad upper management
loved the job
Technician II (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INMay 8, 2018
was a great place to work I learned a lot from the engineers that I worked for loved the job I would like to work for them again but they have moved all of there operations to other countrys
Pros
good working
VIBRATION TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMay 5, 2018
Harman is a good place to work. They had good benefits and treated their employees very well. Enjoyed the coworkers that I had and probably should have never left.
Great place to work. Clean, detail oriented, team effort oriented and great management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  BrazilApril 29, 2018
Working at Harman International was a great learning opportunity. Harman is committed to provide their customers and employees with the best technological products. This company gives their employees the opportunity to grow and become brilliant given the extended learning programs and global interaction within the company and customers in many different countries.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long and inflexible shifts of work
Multi cultural business atmosphere
SENIOR PROTOTYPE MICROSOLDER ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIApril 26, 2018
loved it! Was the best Company I have worked for. Treated us all as adults with no supervisors hanging over us. We knew what we needed to do & got it done. Lots of rewards for hard work.
Pros
great pay no time clocks flexible schedule lots of free food
Cons
no relocation for some employees can be discrimatory
Rewarding place to work. Especially in meeting deadlines.
Lead/Assembler/Programmer/Tester (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WAApril 24, 2018
Clean, fair and understanding workplace.
Personal reviews were very detailed and honestly run.
Understanding work orders a must. Following procedures and using the recommended tools to complete the task are a daily requirement.
Reviewing the work instructions for any errors.
Pros
Able to work without someone hanging over my shoulder.
Cons
Strict on breaks.
The job itself is not bad
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Franklin, KYApril 23, 2018
There are long hours we pull every week and then we don't have a guarantee that we will have days off. This makes it hard to enjoy the benefits of the job.
Great place to work.
Audio Team Member (Former Employee) –  Franklin, KYApril 17, 2018
Climate controlled with music played throughout factory. Great cafeteria and onsite licensed nurse. Also a onsite gym. A really great place to work. Highly recommend working here!
Pros
Clean and climate controlled.
Cons
short breaks
Stressful work environment
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAApril 4, 2018
You will need to wear many many hats. can be extremely stressful with long hours and even weekend.
Why do i need to write an extended review? just let me submit this already
Mediocre company
Android Developer (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAApril 2, 2018
Awesome work-life balance. Bad place to stay for a long time in perspective of career growth. Too many levels of hierarchy and none of the top managment are good with technology. It's more like a service company rather than a Engineering cmpny
Cons
Helping out customers and service centers
Harman PRO Customer Service Warranty Administrator (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAMarch 30, 2018
The workday is from 8-8 1/2 hours. Very busy with entering 600+ warranty claims per month. Answering phone calls about service, warranty, and repair.

Management could have been better. They seemed to want all we could give, yet no appreciation.

The hardest part was learning how to keep the customer happy.

I really enjoyed working with Harman for 5 years. I would work for them again if the option ever came up.
Pros
Catered lunch at reduced cost. Great benefits.
Cons
Getting laid off!
Great compensation package but treatment from upper management changed over the years.
Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMarch 11, 2018
Harman Management was a great company to work for, they compensate you well but upper management needs to treat their employees with respect. Over the years upper management had changed for the worst, they treat their employees and managers like numbers, not as a person.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
no respect
Cool Consumer Audio Technology Company
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS PROJECT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAMarch 3, 2018
Like all companies, some days are rewarding, some are boring. But when you work at HARMAN, you work for a company on the cutting edges of consumer technology. It's a lot of fun to be associated with some of the most brilliant minds in audio, and constantly be developing new products for the audio consumer.
Pros
Good benefits, fair pay, excellent 401k program
Cons
Parking is a pain in the neck. Balboa Blvd. is a constant traffic jam.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harman. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

64out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Harman.

Powered by Comparably