Harmon Face Values Employee Reviews

Productive and great learning experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLOctober 2, 2018
I started with Harmon's Face Values from day one when they opened the doors in Jupiter!
I was looking for a part time job to fill in a few hours each day. I had only recently moved to the Jupiter area and was looking for an opportunity to meet new people. The management was welcomimg and very willing to help me start on my new adventure. I started as a part time employee and worked my way up from there. Harmon's likes to promote from within and help you grow with the company. With dedication and hard work it totally paid off!!
Pros
Ability to move up with great support from management
Cons
Unloading trucks, would have liked to have more experienced, (or at least someone willing to learn) employees
Relaxing but tiring job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Carlstadt, NJSeptember 26, 2018
worked the cash register, pulls overtsock, makes labels, answers phones, straightens store.
Workplace is relaxing and comfortable
Nothing was hard
Enjoy meeting new people
Managers are nice and flexible with hours
learned life lessons
Pros
easy job
Cons
bad pay, no benefits
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJSeptember 12, 2018
Place was usually busy, lots of work to be done. The management was alright, managers were friendly and fair. The work area is relaxed expect when busy.
productive and organized workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Caldwell, NJSeptember 9, 2018
I loved it. working their was a great experience for a first time job. all the workers were helpful and nice.i learned alot about working as a cashier their and i recommend others to apply
Okay but stressful environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Carlstadt, NJSeptember 5, 2018
Workers are either on register or on the floor. For those on register, they have to straighten the front, answer the phone, and help customers as well as ring them up. For those on the floor, they're either stocking the shelves, helping customers, recommending products for customers, or straightening the store. Management is awful, especially with scheduling. It's hard, especially for high school and college students. The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customers; they can be very condescending. The most enjoyable part is that most of the people who work there are nice.
Pros
christmas party
Cons
short breaks, no benefits, bad management
Good people, only a temporary job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYAugust 22, 2018
The atmosphere can be fun and laid back due to the employees. However, this job is merely temporary, unless you want to be in retail or management, this could be a job merely for a salary for in-between job changes.
Pros
Good staff, can be flexible
Cons
Poor management at times
Good job, average pay, fast paced
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Massapequa, NYAugust 18, 2018
This job is good to start off but not for too long. Fast paced and you're always moving. Only get a 10 minute break. You can take a half if you work 6 hours or more, but not paid. Discount is 20% which everyone can get.
Pros
easy
Cons
fast paced, average pay
Fun workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJAugust 15, 2018
Great job to start off with while in High school. Hardest part was getting the store straightened by the end of closing. Fun part about the job was meeting new people.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Closter, NJJuly 27, 2018
The daily task is to work as a TEAM in order to accomolish daily goals and that is what makes it enjoyable because you get to your co-workers better and how to work together.
Pros
Flexible hours
Overall it's a good company to work for.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 23, 2018
if i work the morning shift my typical day is to make sure that the store i ready for business meaning the store i organized and clean.All registers should be properly stocked with shopping bags.All registers are with sufficient register tapes.Hand baskets should be visible to all clients and shopping carts should be organized in front close to entrance door and the circular adds should be visible to the clients.The management team is awesome.I really enjoy working with this company.The most rewarding part of the job was helping and provide outstanding customer service and let them know that they are always welcome to shop with us.Always the number priority are the clients.
Pros
na
Cons
na
productive work enviroment
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newton, NJJune 23, 2018
we always had something to do within the store with or without customers. if there werent customers we were stocking or organizing shelves or looking at expiration dates. we were alway productive even on the busy days we still did our individual routines depending on the job for the day. it was hard when there were alot of customers within the store. other than that i enjoyed harmons.
Pros
co-workers and comunication
Cons
15m break
A simple and friendly work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Totowa, NJJune 5, 2018
The manager will provide the work is required for you for the day and appoint a register for you. You will be given an aisle to work on a register and be expected to provide great customer service.
It is a fine entry level job.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Carle Place, NYMay 29, 2018
Typically the day is spent on the register and assisting customers if you are seen to be doing well you will then be asked to work on the store floor. There you will be either down stocking, pulling outdated products or organizing the store.
Great Place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYMay 22, 2018
One of my first retail jobs that I ever had and It was a great first experience.It taught me a lot of customer service skills. It was a good work environment with great people and staff.
Great retail learning experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJ 08816April 17, 2018
My experience at Harmon's is great. Friendly staff, management, and customers. Although the pay isn't so great for the work that is done there. I got a lot of hours as a part time employee but it just wasn't cutting it.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Minimum Wage
Good for first job
Cashier/ Cosmetic (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJApril 4, 2018
Working here was good place to get my first job. They worked well with me and my school schedule and any after school activities. They are willing to make sure you understand the job and the products they sell in-store.
okay place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJMarch 27, 2018
very relaxed and laid back but that all depended on the managers. I did enjoy my time there but i clearly saw no room for hours or advancement in this work environment.
Ok
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJ 07470March 19, 2018
It’s ok for high school kids looking for an easy job. Slow job. Pays minimum wage. Nothing special at all about it. Managers are annoying as with any job.
Productive and fun place to work.
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJJanuary 29, 2018
Friendly,professional, and accommodating staff. Willing to go the extra mile for another co-worker as well as customers. Management a pleasure to work for.
Pros
Relaxed and fun place to work
Cons
good job for high school/college student
Lead Associate (Former Employee) –  Bricktown, NJJanuary 19, 2018
I worked at Harmons for 4 years. The atmosphere was very laid back but it is very fast paced. The customers that come in are very needy and need a lot of attention so you have to have great customer service skills. You will be handed many different tasks within a shift and be responsible to complete it in a timely fashion. The management was laid back. All co-workers were very friendly, very easy to make friends. You will start out at minimum wage and every year you will get a 25 cent raise. The pay was awful for everything you are required to do and all the customers you have to deal with. Very hard to move up in the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harmon Face Values. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about