Harmon Face Values Employee Reviews

Harmon Trash Values
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  ParsippanyJune 12, 2019
Piece of garbage company. I wish that somebody had warned me before I applied here. I was trained very unprofessionally, I was trained by a teenager who clearly could not care less about the job itself. She did not teach me one thing, all she did was sit behind me on her phone. After four hours, I was on my own with no knowledge whatsoever. It was extremely stressful as the customers would ask me where products were, or their purpose, because I did not know. The management is the worst, they play favorites. There is no fair treatment in this company unless you are kissing major butt. No room for advancement. Extremely high turnover rate. You will be under-appreciated and under-paid. They expect you to give 110%, while they give you 5% in return. If they see you working hard, they will take advantage of you. The management is always in the back, either on their phone or talking to one of their favorite employees for hours on end. They refuse to help employees, complain when called up to the front for an override, and take out their anger and hatred for the job by yelling at non-favorite employees for no reason in front of the customers. They are always short staffed because nobody wants to work here. There are no benefits to this job. Yes, you do get a 20% discount, but the customers get the same with coupons. The company is extremely cheap, they expect underage sales associates to clean the bathrooms, which is unfair. If this company supposedly makes so much money, just hire a cleaning crew. They make teenagers work on holidays because they are too cheap to pay the full-time  more... employees extra. Nasty, manner-less, despicable customers. Customers love to take advantage of innocent sales associates, and the managers refuse to even bother help. They ALWAYS side with the customers, no matter how mean, abusive, and racist they are. Please, for the sake of your mental health, never work here. I promise that you will quit within a month or two like most of the employees. For example, I walked out at the end of May of 2019, not even being able to work there for six months. It is not worth it, there are so many better companies to work for in which you will be appreciated and paid better.  less
Harmon sucks!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJJune 12, 2019
I hated this job with a passion, I dreaded every shift. The company sucks. The company is extremely rich, however, they have the AUDACITY to pay minimum wage, yet expect employees to clean the bathrooms while running around doing 4 people’s job at once. They can afford to hire a cleaning crew, more employees, and the raise the wages.
Pros
Quitting and being able to cuss the managers out
Cons
minimum wage, stressful, cleaning bathrooms, bad management, short breaks
harmon
SENIOR ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJune 10, 2019
typical retail management job. most of the day is spent on the sales floor interacting with customers while performing the daily tasks. overall good job environment to work in. enjoyed my time working for Harmon's
Pros
flexible schedule paid vacation good health care benefits
Cons
worked weekends and holidays
Family-like Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Caldwell, NJJune 7, 2019
This was my first job and it was an overall great experience. I worked at Harmon's for quite a while and all the staff were like one big family. This was really beneficial in teamwork and helping customers find products.
Good job
Front Desk, Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Rutherford, NJJune 5, 2019
Harmon was my first job. I was there for almost 3 years. I thought it was an easy work environment. It was easy to learn, and get the hang of everything. Gave good hours and the managers were great to me.
Cons
Pay is minimum
Like feeling under appreciated and underpaid? Then Harmon’s is the company for you!
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, NJJune 3, 2019
One of the worst job experiences I’ve ever had. Don’t work here unless you like being paid peanuts and enjoy poor management. Overheard Regional management say to District management that he knew we were being paid peanuts. This is a decade old company that could not care less about its employees. Our store alone went through 3 store managers in a 4 month time period because they all hated it there too. Their idea of an ‘awesome’ pay raise was literally 10 cents a year. I was doing more work than the management and knew more about the products than any of the other team members. Ridiculous.
Pros
Cons
minimum wage, management, hours, customers, short breaks, bad environment, bad coworkers
Do not walk away from this job, RUN!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 22, 2019
I would rate Harmon Face Values 0 stars if i could. The management does not value their employees. They only care about looking good around the customers. This job had an extremely stressful environment, and is even more stressful when you are an anxious person as it is. While I was working here, management did not care when all of the employees were on their phones the entire shift. However, they always made me do everybody’s work. I once had an issue with an assistant manager. After I complained to my manager and my voice was not heard, my hours mysteriously got cut to four hours a week. Unbelievable. It is not worth putting up with for only $8.60 an hour. I do not recommend applying here, you may be unfortunate enough to get hired. You will regret it majorly.
Pros
None, the only positive experience i had at this job was walking out.
Cons
Where do i start.... low pay, stressful environment, horrible management, lazy coworkers, nasty customers, no benefits, short breaks, no set schedule, working on holidays with regular pay, etc. The list goes on....
Do Not Work Here
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 17, 2019
Terrible pay, hours, management, bennies aren't bad--what more can I say. Do not apply to this company for a job--you may be unfortunate enough to get hired!
Very easy for a first job.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Orange, CTMay 13, 2019
The job is very easy, it’s perfect for someone just getting into the work force. Management is very good and the store manager is very very good at what she does
Pros
Easy work
Cons
People suck
Fun and warm environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJApril 27, 2019
I enjoyed my time at Harmon. My co-workers were nice. All my managers were respectful. The customer service was superb. The store is clean and kept up to date.
An okay place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJApril 20, 2019
This is an okay place to work if you've never had a job before and are trying to find employment. You will need to learn a little bit about the different kinds of products they offer
Fun work place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 14, 2019
Everyone there was really nice and helpful. They were all really laid back and patient. If you needed help with anything they're was always someone there to help and guide you with any problems you came across.
Very relaxed and good place to work
Cahier/Customer Service/stock (Current Employee) –  Nanuet, NYMarch 27, 2019
The managers at Harmon are the nicest people you can meet they are like your friends in a way you can actually talk to them and tell them whats on your mind without being afraid of any backlash or sorta thing like that. I always look forward to working rather then hating to go into work i actually wanted to go in more. It is a very good work environment not to many employees at certain store so you can grow relationships with fellow co-workers which i suggest you do because it makes the job a lot more fun and someday i cant wait to go to work if my fellow co workers are there.
Pros
Great work environment, Good management, Flexible hours, and fun place to work
Cons
Low wage
Relaxing and fast paced job
Customer Service Associate/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlstadt, NJMarch 3, 2019
Your typical work day is usually relaxing unless it is around peak hours (3pm or 7pm). On weekends peak times are between 11am to 4 pm. It is a good starter job for teenagers. Management can be a little fickle, because they are constantly being transferred. Hardest part of the job was the low salary,scheduling conflicts, and short break times. The work culture can be a peaceful one, just keep the energy light and friendly. You learn great customer service skills.
Pros
Discounts.
Cons
short lunch break, low salary, management.
Easy and teamwork environmental place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJFebruary 8, 2019
As a cashier in Harmon face and value I acquire experience on costumer service but also on operating a register. The staff really showed me interest on my skills and help me to develop more
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Low pay
Easy money, not a happy place.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, NJJanuary 29, 2019
Harmon Face Values is a good job for beginners because it’s easy work which means easy money. Managers weren’t very nice and made it hard for you to call out when needed. They definitely will work with your scheduling requests though. Co-workers also made it a struggle to switch shifts mainly because they didn’t want to work. Also, the pay that I was receiving was too low. I am still a minor, but I need to save up for a lot and $8.60 an hour didn’t help much.
Pros
Cons
Sad environment, lower pay, scheduling sometimes was a struggle.
Good respectful job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  3rd ave brooklyn nyJanuary 22, 2019
Working at Harmon face values I learned how to work around retail cashier, pack out delivery's, customer service etc. Nothing about this job is hard everyone willing to help in whatever you need, we all a team and make sure we succeed together.
average work place
Make-Up Artist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 17, 2018
harmon is a ok job , i work as a meep artist & I don't really get to do my duties as one because I'm always doing other things that are not related...
Pros
Cons
overworked
productive
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Edgewater, NJNovember 19, 2018
productive but boring. There wasn't much to do but stock things and scans items for customers. I like working in fun and fast paced environments. Even though, the work wits simple, the managers were okay to work with.
Good
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 29, 2018
The culture is nice because everyone who works here has a basic understanding of the products sold here so there is a friendship between those work because they have this in common. They are also strict on all their policies so no one in higher power abuses their power.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harmon Face Values. Our community is ready to answer.