Harmon House Care Center Employee Reviews

Enjoyable Place to Work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, PAJuly 3, 2019
Coworkers were easy to work with which makes the job easy and fun and a joy to come to each day. I learned a lot about policies and procedures with my years of working at Harmon House
The people i work with are great and understaning
Nurses Aid (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, PAOctober 15, 2018
They need more ways for when people call off and when the ones that don't always call off don't get mad they need a system I know we get 6 call offs a year Thats it but that's only 2 days a month
Pros
Good heath care great breaks
Cons
Nothing is free
I like the people
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, PAOctober 15, 2018
Probably the thing I like the best about working here is that the managers will pick up shifts and work the floor to help us out. Being an aid isn't easy, but it's like they get it. Sometimes we get asked to pick up shifts, but usually just when there's call offs and stuff. It's a good place to work. Clean, and the people are well take care of. I like the DON and Administrator. They seem to care.
Pros
Pay, other staff, residents
Cons
Busy, call offs
A hot mess ..
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, PAOctober 13, 2018
Harmon house is a very stressful place to work. They hand you 16 hours worth of work to do in 8 hours. You have anywhere from 12-15 residents a piece to take care of in one day .. I would not recommend this stressful place !
Pros
Salary
Cons
Management to staff communication, etc.
Lpn
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, PAApril 27, 2018
Working at Harmon House I have obtained lots of experience thanks to the management and other nurses.
Staffing to resident ratio is good with no complaints.
The residents at Harmon House receive excellent care.
Chain of command works wonderful with this facility.
Pros
Scheduling balance, benefits, staffing, compliance and over all great
Cons
N/a
Best staffing I've seen.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, PAMay 31, 2017
Harmon House has the best staffing ratio I've worked with in long term care for nearly a decade. It is well over the state minimum, while many are struggling just to meet the minimum.
The front line nursing staff are terrific. The Unit Clerk, CNAs, LPNs and RNs I work with are good at their jobs and care about the residents. The ancillary department staff are equally great, and we have a fantastic Social Worker, which is hard to come by in this industry.
The management team is newer but making great progress at improving the culture for the staff, which is improving the resident care as well. At times the workload is fierce, but every day is different, and great co-workers make it bearable even at the worst. There is good teamwork between most staff and across the shifts, though there are always those few who don't participate, to be expected.
It's not perfect here, but it's better than many places.
Pros
Co-workers, cheap lunch, clean staff break room.
Cons
The usual nursing/healthcare issues
Honest Review From A Current Employee
RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, PAMay 30, 2017
It is a fast paced working environment. If I ever feel overwhelmed the mgt staff is right there helping me when I ask. I never feel like I am left to deal with anything on my own. The staff work together. We are more like family than co-workers. The staff works hard to have a positive atmosphere for the employees. We have daily positive quotes that are written on the board for all staff and family to see. Mgt rewards staff for their hard work by entering names in drawings and giving away different prizes each month. For nurses week we were given flowers and told how much we were appreciated. I would truly recommend Harmon House Care Center to anyone who wants to join a supportive team.
Pros
Great team work, PTO time, Employee Bingo, Great Morale Commity
Cons
Paper MARS and TARS (going computerized soon)
Don't go there!
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, PAJanuary 16, 2017
A very demanding, stressful place to work. Orientation is non-existent. Always working short staffed for RN's, LPN's, and CNA's, which means a lot of overtime. Management WILL NOT help you nor do they care. The new management spoken of is the people who have been there just a new title. The RN's are over-worked and along with the rest of the "hands-on" employees are under-appreciated. Just a very bad place with a lot of issues.
Pros
money is good
Cons
very stressful with no help or appreciation from management
Awesome Workplace
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, PAJanuary 13, 2017
LPN is given the opportunity to utilize nursing skills and abilities with in your scope of practice. Daily routine includes administer medications,treatments,vitals,charting,IV's, and assisting residents at meal times. Educational and learning environment. A great place to start a nursing career. Excellent staff. New management on board providing positive team work. Managers assist when help is needed, easy to talk too. Family oriented. Incentives; 7 paid holidays,rotating every other off. Accrued PTO. Time and half over time after 8 hours. Shift diff. 3-11 or 11-7, Free yearly uniforms and so much more. Great place to work!!
Pros
Great New Management Team, Awesome Co-workers, love the Residents
Cons
Can sometimes be mandated, this happens every where.
a hot facility
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, PAAugust 30, 2016
The bosses were jerks.
The co workers were super nice.
The hardest part of the job is trying not too get hit from a resident
The most enjoyable part of the job was the time we got off
Pros
the co workers
Cons
short breaks
I am the sole proprietor of this business
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, PAJune 7, 2016
My business is seasonal focusing on the fall/winter season's. It combines both my hobbies and passion for creating and bring joy to other's. Unfortunately, without other resources to help me further establish and promote my business I am just not advancing as I would like. Without the ability to travel extensively to other states, participating in the larger artisan and craftsmen shows I need to maintain another source of income throughout the rest of the year.
Pros
love being creative
Cons
need to travel to other states for profitable shows
Personal Review
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, PAJanuary 26, 2015
My own personal review is available in person. Over all, it is a wonderful place to be employed. We take great pride in knowing that our residents and patients are taken great care of.
Friendly environment. Oppertunity to learn as a new nurse. I loved the environment.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, PANovember 16, 2014
Excellent place to start a career as a nurse. Continuous learning experience. Would recommend to anyone fresh out of school.
Pros
Flexible, Friendly environment
a typical day work
cna (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, PAJuly 21, 2014
your always busy, there are days you wish you stay home other day you don't , some co worker are easy to work with other or not the hardest part about my job to try to keep up with all those residents who wants 50 thing at one time my most enjoyable part time of my job getting to know the residents
Pros
they do give us free food when someone reach a year
Cons
to much work in a 8 hour period
RN Supervisor
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, PAMarch 4, 2013
A typical day at Harmon House is different day every day. I learned more about more medications and dealing with the public, especially power of attorneys, etc. Co-workers are great. The hardest part of the job is the admission process. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the residents there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harmon House Care Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Harmon House Care Center Reviews by Location