Harmon Scrap Metal

Working at Harmon Scrap Metal: 20 Reviews

United States20 reviews

workcompanygreatpeopleplaceemployeepayharmon

What you make it

If your looking for a job this is a job it can turn into a career but it's not for everyone. Some days it's easy money others you can't wait for it to end

Growing company that I can grow with.

Pretty good place to work, I can see myself moving up in the company. The group of co workers are good. I have learned about different metals and also why everyone needs to recycle metal.

Harmon Scrap Metal insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

Enjoy my position at Harmon Scrap Metal

I am completely happy in my position at Harmon. The people are always friendly and helpful. I am able to accomplish goals within the workplace and look forward to learning new task.

From A Happy Harmon Employee

The companies strong vision for growth, their excellence in customer satisfaction and employee treatment are just 3 great reasons to work here. We are more like family then co-workers. The management is dedicated to you and listens. It's a great feeling when you like coming to work everyday. Harmon is a great place to work.

Going places and getting things done.

Harmon Scrap Metal is a great place to work. Management is great they are working hard to grow the company. I am happy to be part of the team and I feel I have purpose here.

Harmon Scrap Metal Work

Harmon Scrap has really changed their ways. People are treated with respect and have a voice in what goes on. New management is really positive and the owners are very engaged.

Scrap

We are family based operation that does our best to serve the needs of potential scrap customers. We try to ensure everyone feels welcomed into our business and try to accommodate everyone

Trucking

Great place to work. Flexible hrs for PTO days. As a truck driver typically day starts around 5. Usually complete 2 runs a day with backhauls. End times no later than 4pm

I like my job at Harmon. I’ve heard your lucky to get paid but I don’t know where that came from I’ve worked here for 2 years and never had an issue with my paycheck. I feel like I work hard and get paid for it. Everyone is respected and the new manager is great. Glad that changed here recently. Overall a good work environment and I plan to stay until I am not able to.

Worth working for

Nice company to work for. New management works well with employees. Their open to suggestions. Keeps up on the maintenance of equipment. Competitive pay, decent vacation time and decent hours - no weekends!!! I am pleased to work for this company, they appreciate your hard work.

Love it

I think this place is an awesome place to work and I love being able to help my company out . The administration are great and if you ever need anything or have a family emergency they will work with you.

New management is much better

Under new management team - people are respected and treated fairly. Changes being made that will greatly improve the business and morale of the team. Really like the direction of the company.

Don't

They promise that things will get fix but they don't. Tell when you get hired you "will" get a raise in 90 days and you might after asking about it for 2 or 3 months. No breaks. Even on day when it's over 100 degrees. They don't care at all about their employees. They didn't pay them last week and told them all it was the employees banks fault. I can go on and on.

Positive experience as a driver and management was great

Entire experience working there was positive. Workplace environment was casual and relaxed which I liked a lot. Worked an average of 40 hours a week which was perfect for my needs and created a good work/life balance for me. Management and dispatch there was excellent, they didn't micro-manage and I believe they were fair with the drivers as well. Good people to work for! Don't agree with all these negative reviews. If I hadn't retired from trucking I would still be working there.

November 20, 2019
Thank you for this valuable feedback. We are glad that your tenure with our company was so positive. We strive to always improve our company and work place. We believe fully that, good enough is never good enough! I hope that your experience in retirement is just as great. Best of luck!

Not the best place to work

They have an employee that threatens other drivers and managment does nothing about it. They tell you what you want to hear and don't follow through Equipment is run down and dangerous.

November 20, 2019
Thank you so much for your feedback! We appreciate all forms of constructive feedback, as we feel it helps us to improve as a company. I am sorry that you feel that you did not have a good experience with our company, but I also appreciate you letting us know of the issues that troubled you. I can assure you that we take threats and safety very seriously. It is our goal to provide an exceptional work environment that is safe and secure for our employees, customers, and general public. We will utilize the information you provided and investigate further into the issues you were so kind as to bring to our attention.

Empty promises. Lack of leadership etc.

The company is full of empty promises. They will promise raises, insurance, hrs and then not follow through with any of it. Worn out equipment, mainly because lack of maintenance. Constant problems with safety, management and more!

Pros

Pay you your full paycheck on fridays sometimes.

Cons

Liars, bad management, talk about growth but never work towards it.

November 20, 2019
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback. It is greatly appreciated and is always taken with all seriousness in an effort to improve our company and work environment. I hate that your experience with our company was so negative. We are always trying to improve our maintenance programs and to have the best equipment available. Your feedback will be used to look into other ways that we can continue to improve. Thank you again for taking the time to be honest with us and helping us to grow.

Don’t let them lie to you

They are great at lying to you or bluffing to you. Management is pathetic and they will make plenty of promises but never follow through. Don’t even see how they stay in business with the turnover rate they have.

November 20, 2019
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback. It is greatly appreciated and is always taken with all seriousness in an effort to improve our company and work environment. I hate that your experience with our company was so negative. Your feedback will be used to look into other ways that we can continue to improve. Thank you again for taking the time to be honest with us and helping us to grow.

people are great

meet lots of interesting people, have to have patients for them. co workers are great people and very friendly. its like a little family there. gonna miss the place and people but relocating

Productive Company with a Different Challenge Every Day

Focused company that invests in its employees with time and extensive training. Plenty of room for advancement for employees eager to learn and grow.

November 20, 2019
Thank you for this valuable feedback. We are glad that your time with our company has been positive. We strive to always improve our company and work place and invest in our employees.

vehicle where run down not kept up.if vehicle had problems it would take up to 2 weeks to get fixed. comunication between management was unclear

Pros

made little money

Cons

management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harmon Scrap Metal. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits