Harmony Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center

Harmony Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center Employee Reviews

People are friendly, good work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2018
I learned new things. I interacted with patients, I also had to keep an eye out for some patients that were on the list of running away. The job gave me a feeling of belonging, family. I really enjoyed my time there.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
had to ask for a bathroom break
Wouldn’t put my dead dog in this place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2018
I wouldn’t refer my enemy wot work here or anyone to put family in the work load is way to much an unrealistic this place needs to be shut down then they have struck rules an cameras what they watching it’s no staff most cna are agency
Pros
A Paychex is coming
Cons
Work load mangers suck
Nightmare place
Nurse (Former Employee) –  3919 s.Foster Ave chgo ilSeptember 11, 2017
They very unprofessional there to other employees and have no respect for the residence nor their families that visits love ones . every week they interviewing because they can't keep no one long. They lying when they say u can earn xtra hours the scheduling is all messed up by the ADON & SCHEDULER. Not no free lunches it's food that was cooked for the residents basically the same
Pros
Wonderful residence and Therapy deparment
Cons
Sometimes a break, nasty attitudes from 65% of the staff
Tolerable, but needs improvement
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 26, 2017
Location is clean. Staffing is poor, but staff are willing to help patients. Teamwork is poor. Visible staff-to-staff disagreements. Call light timing is bad. Therapy department is great. Food is ok, but food options are too repetitive. Activities are outdated and more accommodations need to be made for bedbound patients. There are no private entertaining spaces available for families. If there is a roommate in the room, patient families should be able to visit with their families in an area OTHER THAN the employee break area.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Poor staffing and teamwork
Clean facility, gossip fueled environment.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  ChicagoAugust 27, 2015
This facility unlike many nursing homes is a clean and safe environment. Housekeeping does a fantastic job. Cnas are lazy and have a hard time wanting to use a hover lift be forewarned that your family member will be limited. The gossip Mills starts with the big man who appears bright, but is full of insecurities always biting the smaller persons head. I, second, the "Don" comment it's money driven and no real cares are give.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Gossipland
Easy work load, horrible staff.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 17, 2015
The staff there are horrible. You have some that are really nice then you have some that are totally disrespectful. The DON is the worst he has no respect for anyone, and he talks to people any kind of way and expect you to say nothing in return. He is really disrespectful towards females. The work load is very easy, there are no complaints in that area. If your able to handle some of the disrespectful staff than it's a good place to be, but if not, it's not a good idea.
Pros
Easy Work Load
Cons
Horrible Staff
Review
Healthcare professional (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2014
During the time I was there, a lot of turnover. Not allowed to take PTO until you have been there for a year. Money driven business. There are a few staff members that are passionate; however, does not get you very far.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Benefits, pay
A/r
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2014
Assisted with Bank reconciliations and utilized Peachtree daily. Utilized Macros & posted cash receipts an daily deposits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harmony Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center. Our community is ready to answer.

1.9