Harmony Senior Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Easiest job you will ever have.
Lpn (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAJuly 5, 2018
The RMAs hate LPNs being there and do everything they can to show that. Horrible, out of touch management. Trying very hard to run a very upscale assisted living like a skilled nursing home. I had heard bad things about this place, but I didn’t believe any of it. My first couple of weeks there were awesome. Then everything I had heard about this place started happening. Run. Do not work here. It’s a good place to get set up to have to go thru a state investigation or worse. Now I know why an assisted living is paying an Lpn 22.50 an hour.
No 401k
Medical technician as well (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAJuly 3, 2018
It’s not a job you can keep and retire from. Working here is very difficult because of upper management making drastic changes without meeting with the employees to inform them a change is about to come.
Productive and low pressure place to work.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 22, 2018
The management is wonderful. I really enjoy coming to work every day. Best position i've had in at least 8 years.Only complaint, licensed as an assisted living administrator but haven't been called in for interview for new position opening up.
Fun..friendly an family oriented
C.n.a (private duty) (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 29, 2018
They pride on treating the staff like family...employees are included in all activities..they provided employee an family includes programs..love pets
Pros
Has great benefits
Cons
Have to pay for lunches
Poor Management, Great Residents
Med Tech/CNA (Former Employee) –  Bon Air, VAApril 4, 2018
People don't leave jobs, they leave bad bosses/management. The salary is already incredibly low and raises are 29 cents, not even $1 increases after being there for over 5 years.

Found another position at another ALF that pays $4 more per hour, tuition reimbursement, 401k, health insurance, PTO, and flexible scheduling. Has excellent staff to patient ratios and management is fair and keep staff informed of policies. Director of Nursing and other staff are in the trenches together during coverage shortage or inclement weather.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Poor management, inadequate staffing, poor infection control policies
Fun place to work
Bartender/Buser (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAApril 2, 2018
Its a fun place to work. The only problem I have is the managers. But if you have children the company will work with you. Also, the residence are lovely elderly people.
Stressful
Registered Medication Aide (Current Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAMarch 29, 2018
Love the residents! Management is bad unorganized and does not care nor appriciate their staff. I’ve never worked a place where management doesn’t have your back, they more so would rather save their own behind than to stick up for their staff who work their butts off to care for the residents.
Pros
The sweet residents are the only pro
Cons
Poor management
Stay away!!
Dining Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 24, 2018
Horrible place to work at,no matter how hard you try,higher ups will still make you feel like you are not good enough.
They blame you for everything that goes wrong and take all the credit for the great things you do.
They say all they care about are the residents but that’s all Lies..the only care about how they look themselves.
Pros
Cons
Poor coordination from management
Positive environment where residents come first!
Server (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMarch 17, 2018
I work here and it's unfortunate disgruntled employees would try to trash us knowing everyone's focus is on resident care. We have two of the most meticulous cooks in our kitchen and SANITATION is always #1, this has NEVER been an issue! I truly love our residents and if I ever saw unsanitary conditions I could never work there. I eat out of that kitchen at least 4 times a week and am very particular where I eat. I've never hear of any issue in the kitchen besides staff. I've never worked at a place where they genuinely cared about the residents and would go above and beyond for them. If I no longer worked there, I could never be so hateful to take the time out of my day to leave a angry comment about my former employer, especially untrue. What about the residents? That shows more about you than the company and I can't imagine how they'd be as an employee...

If you truly love working with the elderly, are positive and like to work, this is the place for you! I'm still new but I love my job and they are hiring!!
Pros
Positive environment, genuine, fun, great residents and food
Cons
Just opened
Truth
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 7, 2018
The residents are amazing to work with and were the only reason i was able to go to work everyday. The management is crazy, unorganized, and ineffective .There was no retention of employees, the pay was ridiculous for the amount of work they demand from everyone, and all departments were constantly under-staffed. If you ever had a question it was next to impossible to get a straight answer.
Pros
The residents that live in the building.
Cons
Pretty much every other aspect of this place.
God's Waiting Room
Shift Supervisor/Server (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 1, 2018
Terribly incompetent management. Stressful and overtaxing. Hours constantly being cut. Complaints go ignored by higher-ups. Managers value favoritism over actually doing their jobs.
Pros
Nope
Cons
About Everything
The worst
Cna/ med tech (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 31, 2018
Worst management I have ever worked with! Extreme favoritism! Only get promoted if you’re liked by the “clicked”. Total joke.
The pros are discounted meals. The residents are very nice. Brand new facility. Clean.
Pros
Discount food. Good benefits.
Cons
Excellent working environment with cool, laid back coworkers
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Piqua, OHJanuary 15, 2018
This was my first factory job ever and I have to say it was my type of work. I learned a lot of different things and nothing was too difficult to learn. I worked a lot of overtime which was really nice.
Pros
Laid back coworkers, overtime, no point system
Cons
Pay drops if you are 30 seconds late
Fun and Fast paced
Server (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 2, 2018
Working at an Independent living facility was great for me because I enjoy talking to older people. The job taught me patience and accountability. Most of my coworkers were upbeat so there really was never a dull moment. I enjoyed serving food to the residents.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Food
Adored residents but Toxic work enviroment.
Server (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 1, 2018
The residents made it worth working there!The toxic work environment was too much. So much unnecessary stress and going to work made me miserable! Just as soon as you walked in the door they just sucked the joy out of being there no matter how hard you tried at your job it was never good enough even if 10 other people did nothing all shift. I was constantly singled out even. There is lots of favoritism here.
Pros
Loving residents, good learning experiance
Cons
Poor management
Terrible work environment, little pay, unappreciated
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VADecember 25, 2017
hostile work environment, under-paid, unappreciated, under staffed, no necessary equipment. There is poor work morale due to overworking the staff they have. Bringing in more and more residents that we do not have the capacity to care for. Inside and outside your department are rude and will ostracize you if they don't like you. When you are on your lunch break they expect you to still help out on the floor.
Pros
helping co- workers
Cons
short breaks, terrible pay, terrible benefits, understaffed and overworked
I wouldn't advise you work here
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VADecember 1, 2017
The management in the building will start and keep a lot of drama going between co-workers and it is not a very good place to have teamwork. All and all it is one of the worst companies I have worked with.
Dissapointment
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VANovember 30, 2017
Poor management, disrespectful managers, too many cliques...no professionalism what so ever. Don't waste your time unless you're just looking for 8 hours.
Pros
Most co workers, residents
Cons
Management, no 401k
Calm Collective
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Yorktown, VA 23693September 29, 2017
Working as a concierge was fun. I worked evening and night shifts so it was a little more boring, relaxed, laid back. Especially at night. Just answered phones, made appointments, and greeted staff, residents and family members.
Pros
Not too much to do
Cons
Not enough Hours
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 19, 2017
Very family oriented and supportive staff. Great place to work. Slow paced and repetitive job but the people you speak to and work for are wonderful.