Harnett Health System Employee Reviews

Toxic work environment
Management (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCDecember 30, 2018
Very toxic and hostile work environment. Little job security and high turnover rate. Lack of clear vision and direction from leadership. High job demands with no staff support and little budget. Lack of support from corporate managing partner at Cape Fear. Decrease in revenue stream and continual cost containment throughout the system. High potential for growth yet system is not responding to changes in healthcare environment. System needs a new business model and new management in order to survive. Please don't make the same mistake we did in working here. Look for jobs at WakeMed or UNC Healthcare.
Pros
Pay was decent
Cons
Admin is backstabbing
busy
Registrar/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lillington, NCJuly 4, 2018
customer service,collections agent,verifying insurance and co-pays, poor manegement because of lack of leadership and constant employee turnover due to lack of communication between management and employees
Pros
hours
Cons
no time off
Productive place to work
RN Staff Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCDecember 3, 2017
Interview and assess patient. Administer treatment following physicians orders. Great staff. Nice work environment. Good team work. Equal opportunity. good benefits.
patient care at Lillington hospital (Former Employee) –  LillingtonJuly 4, 2014
This place is just scary. Lack of policy and protocols creates a very dangerous environment. Horrible management. Compensation and benefits are the worst I've ever seen. This health system has serious financial issues. If you value your license, quality patient care, and your bank account, stay away from this place.
Pros
Cons
Accepting an employment offer
RN (Current Employee) –  StaffMay 13, 2014
This could be a great place to work however it is the opposite. Recent layoffs, pay cuts and benefit reductions are only the surface of the problems at this facility. It is as financially stable as a bowl of jello. If you value your license then it is best to find employment elsewhere as at times you may be risking it. Working long hours, frequently without lunch, bathroom break or even a sip of a drink, is standard practice. Manager was brought in from another state and knows nothing regarding the area of practice in which was hired nor about true management style. Be advised that at interview the nature of this facility is covered up more than usual and after hire enormous change from what was told. I arrived at this facility with a career happy and positive attitude that melted like a snowball in July. Most of the remaining staff are looking for other jobs as they are beat down, working short staffed and with little resources. There are other good hospitals in the area. Pass on Harnett Health.
Pros
Plenty of parking due to staff layoffs and downsizing
Cons
Unstable company with poor work environment and under-valued employees
What a great place! Harnett Health ROCKS!
Public Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dunn, NCApril 3, 2013
My family and I are patients at Harnett Health and have had good experiences each time. The people are friendly and really care and want to help. We get smiles and warm "hellos" just walking down the hall. That really makes a difference compared to other healthcare facilities. I also work for Harnett Health and know that the organization is working everyday to make it the best option for healthcare in our area. The management truly cares about the employees and the patients and wants the best for everyone. I love going to work each day! I wake up ready to get to work and not dreading it like many of my friends who work at other places. That says a lot. I am truly blessed to work at Harnett Health!
Pros
great people, convenient locations, opportunities to support our community (relay for life, etc.)
Cons
wish i was closer to the hospital cafeterias - they are great.. . really, you should try the food
Undisclosed (Current Employee) –  DunnDecember 12, 2015
If you like chaos, micromanagement, insufficient resources, back stabbing, lack of job security, decreased pay, benefit cuts, untrustworthy leadership, and NO communication, then this is the place for you! Daily the hospital deals with inadequate staff that stretches the ability to provide effective care. Daily team members deal with the very basics of insufficient linen and medical supplies. At one time in the last year they were cutting bars of soap in half and recycling batteries. Daily it seems as though senior/executive leadership is either oblivious to these challenges or unable to affect them. Instead they either ignore issues and walk away, blame the staff for not "informing them", or criticize them for not solving the problems themselves or for not solving them in the way they would have. Physician behavior is comical if not frightening. In the last year the hospital has lost all but three nurse leaders. Those who remain are over worked and under supported. This used to be a great place to work, grow, and serve the people of Harnett County. Now it is an organization slowly recovering from financial hardships and very poorly led. My advice is to stay away and find a job somewhere else. Protect yourself and your future.
Pros
Hard working staff
Cons
Poor executive leadership
Poor management
Undisclosed (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCMarch 4, 2017
Management thrives on hostile environment. Encourages havoc. Manager is constantly micro managing his dept. There is no black and white at this facility. You work with constant uncertainty.
Unhealthy work environment.
Cons
Poor management. Micro managers. No career ladder. Management is dramatic.
Face paced
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Lillington, NCOctober 25, 2017
I worked in the ER with the Harnett Health System. I personally enjoyed every minute, however I would advice a person to be honest with themselves and what they expect before accepting a position with them in this particular setting.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Breaks
Er
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Lillington, NCMay 30, 2017
If you enjoy being BUSY this is the job for you. I wouldn't recommend it to any that cannot be on their feet approximately 10 of 12 hours you are there. Personally, I liked it, however it's not the place for everyone.
Pros
Nurses that work together with Registration Staff
Poor management
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCDecember 17, 2016
Overall the hospital is great, nurses and doctors are wonderful. Patient access management sucks! They do NOT know how to manage a company, and they could careless about their employees. WOULDNT advise working here! Plus, money is not good for all that your required to do.
Pros
Nurses and Doctors are friendly
Cons
Won't allow you to use your PTO, management sucks!
Don't bother
Withheld (Former Employee) –  Dunn & Lillington, NCMarch 8, 2013
Harnett Health System has awful management, full of cronies. They support and seem to encourage a backstabbing environment. They are especially hostile to people not from the south - sweet to your face, but watch out! They are still fighting the Civil War and if you are an "outsider", you are doomed. Not interested in big ideas, only want things to remain the same.
Cons
very poor management
I love working here!
Director of PR & Marketing (Current Employee) –  Dunn, NCApril 3, 2013
The organization has a strong culture, knowing where its roots began. The management team works well together and has their employees' and patients' best interest at heart.
Productive and interesting job
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Dunn, NCMay 2, 2017
A typical day of work at the hospital from 1-9:30 pm consists of working the front desk in the ER and checking people in for them to be seen. When I move to the back in the actual ER I go to patients rooms and fully register them into the system and take their insurance cards to put them into the system.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Bad hours
Awesome
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Premiere Pediatrics, Harnett Ob/GynAugust 20, 2013
I have lived in this community and have had services at Harnett Health/Betsy Johnson for more than 25 years. My family members and I have had excellent service at each visit. Several of us have had out patient surgeries, have been inpatients, have had rehab services, and have used the ED. I was very proud to become part of the Harnett Health team 3 years ago. Employees work as a team, are devoted to patient care, and have a sense of pride in doing jobs well.
Usually busy days as well as some night time work
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Dunn N.C.November 24, 2014
Typical day involved keeping all mechanical,electrical and supporting equiptment operational as well as all patient, operating,radiology rooms. Keeping records for joint commission inspections as well as scheduling all outside sources for hospital certifications.
Pros
hours and close to home
Cons
Sometimes could be major stressful depending what area problem was in such as operating room
Harnett Health System
Clinical Nurse Leader (Current Employee) –  Lillington, NCAugust 10, 2015
It is a slightly busy ER. I work with wonderful nurses, but there has recently been a huge turnover. The management for the most part is great. The hardest part of my job is the lack of wrking equipment in the ER. I really enjoy the team there.
A nightmare come true
Health care worker (Current Employee) –  Dunn, LillingtonSeptember 1, 2014
Backstabbing, small- minded coworkers. Racist, intolerant, unprofessional. Boss tolerated and even encouraged this behavior. Beware if you don't talk or act southern
Pros
Cons
Financially unstable, unsupportive learning environment
Fast pace, multi-tasking day
Community Wide Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Dunn,NCDecember 17, 2014
I currently work in growing healthcare organization. I have been with this company since 1999 and worked in patient access and with outpatient radiology.
Voluteer in Hospital Gift Shop and Toy Makers
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCMay 21, 2015
Volunteered twice a week in the hospital gift shop and worked along with other volunteers for the Toy Makers program. Worked to give back to the community