Harrah's Entertainment Inc. Employee Reviews

wonderful work place
QA Lead/Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  memphis, tnJune 19, 2018
highly technical,friendly .Manager and team was awesome
great working environment.Team was highly focused on results.
Had a chance to work on different projects
Your typical Dealer experience.
Gaming Host (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJune 16, 2018
I preface this by saying that I personally can't enjoy the table game culture as I did when I first started dealing. But if you need a place to break into dealing; I'm sure this is a great place for that. The only problem is that of other casinos I worked at. Third shift, difficult regulars, and yahoos who forget how to act in public because they think it's Vegas( just off the top of my head ). There were a handful of skilled dealers and supervisors there to learn from, as well as sloppy ones, but I would say the ratio leans more to the former.
Pros
Frequent breaks
Cons
Third shift
Big company with a lot of places to go.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 15, 2018
Set schedules, PTO, union support, and plenty of opportunity. Harrah's is a great casino for an entry level position. Room for advancement in most departments and friendly staff. Very high passed and stressful at times.
Pros
Lots of giveaways to free shows, and guaranteed lunch breaks.
Cons
Highly stressful and cut throat industry.
Hated it
Beverage Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 14, 2018
The HR department doesn't side with management. Only sides with the union which makes managing extremely hard. The salaries are not enough for what you have to deal with.
Job was fair
LEAD H/D cleaner (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 7, 2018
hardest part about the job is not having the right equipment..... the work place culture was great....advance to lead position in just (6) months....,
A fun place and exciting
Executive slot host (Former Employee) –  in the casinoJune 7, 2018
This was graet place and very fun but can be very busy or slow some days it just depends on the shift you work and things like that. I would say they are a good company to work for
Fun workplace
Valet Cashier (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 6, 2018
Harrahs is a fun atmosphere, you get to interact with different people from across the world .Often celebrities come and enjoy themselves.Theres the masquerade club inside that draws a crown often and it's interesting to see different cultures come together and have fun.
Pros
1hr break
Cons
Point system
service companies were terrible
GUEST ROOM ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVJune 5, 2018
the management sucked, coworkers and managers were unprofessional and rude constantly, The supervisors wouldn't follow proper protocol for sanitation and biohazards. Made employees that weren't their favorite feel inferior
Na
Beverage Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSJune 3, 2018
The best company was created in Vicksburg. The entire place was friendly and they truly took care of their employees. I wish this place would had stayed around.
Pros
everthing perfect
Cons
na
Na
Total Rewards Representative (Current Employee) –  Maricopa, AZJune 2, 2018
Fun place, nice people, very busy high pace, stressful for some peolpe ,like a family at times , job stublity, lots of family work there , together 11
Nothing noteworthy
Casino Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 2, 2018
I prefer not to review a company I currently work for. there are many pros and cons as with any company and any position. if hospitality, service, and entertainment is what you want to do this company may be good for you.
Fun and Vibrant
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 1, 2018
Harrah's Casino is a fun and vibrant place to work. You get to meet new people from all walks of life. They train there employees, pay is good, benefits are good and the opportunity to advance within the company is good
work experience
Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 30, 2018
The overall experience was good. I enjoyed working with the customer. the atmosphere was pleasant and the pay was good. The pay was excellent and benefits were great.
Pros
the pay and benefits.
Cons
It closed to early i really wish it could have been just a little later.
Fun place to work
Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMay 29, 2018
I enjoyed working at Harrah's you meet a lot of different people tips were excellent. It was a fast pace job the only time you sat down is when you went on your breaks.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Fast pace
Harrah's is all about employee's which then in return employee's work hard fro the company
HUMAN RESOURCE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MoMay 22, 2018
I looked forward to going to work everyday, I learned a lot from working closely with several wonderful people. Management worked hard and was not only there for the guest but the employee's as well. The culture is fun and out going. There was nothing hard about the job. I enjoyed all the different thing I got to learn and experiences.
Pros
Free Lunch 5 days a week, activities and gift all the time
Cons
I have nothing negative to say about the company
Great Place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 17, 2018
Great place to work, fast paced. Get to meet a lot of people and there is never a dull moment. Hardest part is just being on your feet all day but the day goes by fast.
A great place to work as long as you have fun doing what you do
Housekeeping, GRA (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 11, 2018
I would recommend anyone to work there it's a great place to work. As long as you can get along with others and follow directions you have no problem being a great employee all you have to do is follow directions and do your job. The supervisors are very helpful and being in the union is a great opportunity for growth
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Fast paced environment
Great Place
Guest Services Representative and PBX (Current Employee) –  Maricopa, AZMay 9, 2018
Great company to work for! Great beneffits, great team, great treatment of their employees. I would work there again. I wish they had more locations to work near me.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
non
Fun and exciting work environment.
Customer Service Supervisor, Staff Trainer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 7, 2018
A typical day was varied and as I received three promotions it was always changing. Management support was exceptional. Workplace culture was comfortable and I got to know a wide variety of people. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unhappy guests which is part of the culture of casinos. The most enjoyable was the great music and environment.
Pros
Flexible hours and ever changing responsibilities.
Cons
Angry guests who would experience loosing streaks
Casino gaming job
Surveillance Agent/Surveillance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 6, 2018
During my time at Harrah's Casino, I started as a surveillance agent and within a few months, was promoted to shift supervisor, Technology was incredible and assisted all of the department daily. I worked the night shift from 6pm until 6 am but rarely left at the end of the shift due to having to pass on pertinent information to the oncoming shift
Pros
pay, time off
Cons
the hours were rough, a lot of different personalities that clashed daily

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harrah's Entertainment Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.9Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight