Harrah's Entertainment Inc. Employee Reviews

Harrah's is all about employee's which then in return employee's work hard fro the company
HUMAN RESOURCE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MoMay 22, 2018
I looked forward to going to work everyday, I learned a lot from working closely with several wonderful people. Management worked hard and was not only there for the guest but the employee's as well. The culture is fun and out going. There was nothing hard about the job. I enjoyed all the different thing I got to learn and experiences.
Pros
Free Lunch 5 days a week, activities and gift all the time
Cons
I have nothing negative to say about the company
Great Place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 17, 2018
Great place to work, fast paced. Get to meet a lot of people and there is never a dull moment. Hardest part is just being on your feet all day but the day goes by fast.
A great place to work as long as you have fun doing what you do
Housekeeping, GRA (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 11, 2018
I would recommend anyone to work there it's a great place to work. As long as you can get along with others and follow directions you have no problem being a great employee all you have to do is follow directions and do your job. The supervisors are very helpful and being in the union is a great opportunity for growth
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Fast paced environment
Great Place
Guest Services Representative and PBX (Current Employee) –  Maricopa, AZMay 9, 2018
Great company to work for! Great beneffits, great team, great treatment of their employees. I would work there again. I wish they had more locations to work near me.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
non
Casino gaming job
Surveillance Agent/Surveillance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 6, 2018
During my time at Harrah's Casino, I started as a surveillance agent and within a few months, was promoted to shift supervisor, Technology was incredible and assisted all of the department daily. I worked the night shift from 6pm until 6 am but rarely left at the end of the shift due to having to pass on pertinent information to the oncoming shift
Pros
pay, time off
Cons
the hours were rough, a lot of different personalities that clashed daily
Good place to work but high stress environment
Players Club Rep (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMay 5, 2018
It was a good place to work but high stress environment! With that said it was fun and interesting!!! Lots of good people to work with, long hours pay was ok.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long 12 hour shifts
Great co-workers
Dealer (Current Employee) –  Metropolis, ILMay 4, 2018
Good place to work. Great co-workers, descent benefits....once you hit your deductible. Every job has its moments and not every job is perfect but is definitely a good place to work.
Pros
Insurance, free lunches
Cons
Breaks can be short, dealing with sometime very rude customers
All about making money
Lead Security Officer (Former Employee) –  KansasMay 3, 2018
After my first month was promoted to supervisor, didnt realize how cutthroat and unorganized it was. Management was unaware of incidents and casino management didnt care.
Pros
Training
Cons
Pay, Management
Nice people as co-workers
Buffet Cook (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 3, 2018
Although the workplace offered me an opportunity to learn new and enhanced cooking skills, it was the management's lack of oversight that affected my decision to leave the company.
Pros
A relaxing break area, and the personal approach to serving my assigned work station.
Cons
Management turnover
Awesome place to work
Dual Rate Assist Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMay 2, 2018
Top place to work,customer service is a top priority .Best Manager to work with.Hatd work is always rewarded.Benifits are good.staff is friendly.Job hours are good.
Benefits
Cons
N/a
A fun place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 1, 2018
A laid back and fun atmosphere. A great sense of teamwork. Offered a lot of perks and benefits working for this company. The hardest part of the job was working graveyard shifts.
Great place to work for
steakhouse cook (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJApril 26, 2018
working at harrahs over the past 17 years have giving me much accomplishment. I have learned greatly. The people I work with are great and willing to help anyone. The work place is a safe and the management on property and great. I enjoy coming to work nit only to do my job but to work with great people.
would not reccomend
Cashier/Hostess Trainer (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 16, 2018
not a good job profession for anyone the hours are RIDICULOUS....THE managers don't support you at all. Being sick or having a family emergency does not matter
Not much to say about this place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 14, 2018
The hardest part of the job was making all of the beds in the rooms and getting out on time. Some rooms had double beds and we were paid by the room. The presidential suites was like cleaning an apartment.
work hard and stayed focused
Cashier II (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJApril 11, 2018
-work hard and stayed focused, since the business is high on weekends and holidays and also summer break, that's when you have to be there. So you don't get to spend time with family but other then that its fun place to work with great management.
n/a
Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAApril 10, 2018
Worked as cocktail waitress. Workplace culture was very fun. There was not any challenges faced there. I enjoyed going to work daily. Very fun. Got to mingle with a lot of customers and offer the best customer service possible.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Productive and fun place to work!
Casino Host/ Marketing (Former Employee) –  Maricopa, AZApril 5, 2018
Really wish I could return . I learned so much about the casino industry and would like to continue the career path I started.
I would definitely recommend this work place
Needs Improvement
Dual Rate/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 4, 2018
Stressful place to work
More customer geared culture than employee culture
The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customers without management support
The most enjoyable part were the coworkers
Overall good.
Bell Captain/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 3, 2018
Workplace is always busy, the staff is friendly and I had great relations with my team.
Management is new and you could says it's a work in progress.
Hardest part of the job - intoxicated guests.
Most enjoyable part of the job - meeting people from all over the world.
Very fast pace
Harrahs casino dealer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 2, 2018
Very fast pace place . You have to be focus to be able to count money , Cheques, and watch for guest movements. Talk to guest and just have a good time with them
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Parking is far

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harrah's Entertainment Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.9Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight