Harris & Harris, Ltd. Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Hated the job
Dte customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 8, 2017
Working with DTE it was like high school all over again. The mangenmant team act like old Michigan hoes and they do he say she say stuff. They act like they don’t want too do there job as of being a supervisor don’t like helping us . The pay is not worth it !!!
Pros
Cons
They complain about break time
High school all over again
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2017
The training is horrible for the city of Chicago. The Supervisor teach as you go and then complain about how you handle City of Chicago accounts. They act like they in high school, worrying about others instead of themselves. Benefits are high.
Pros
Cons
Pay, management behavior, benefits expensive
It's Great
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2017
Working here has been a great experience.They really know how to treat their employees. They have great incentives and healthcare packages. They have a great training department.
Fast paced. Uncapped bonus. Flexible.
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2017
Very happy working here. Room for advancement. You get paid for the work you do. Flexible work schedule available based on performance. Goals are obtainable. Fair pay with good bonus. Company incentives and constant contests for prizes. Management and communication could use some work.
Pros
Uncapped bonus. Easy schedules. Room for growth.
Cons
Managment and communication from management.
Accounting & Fiance/ Payment Processing
Payment Processor (Former Employee) –  ChicagoDecember 20, 2016
This is so far the worse company I've ever worked for. If you're not kissing your manager and supervisor behind they will get rid of you. The pay is terrible so is the management staff. The owners are just as terrible as the managers and supervisors.
Pros
Hour lunch, Monday-Friday schedule
Cons
Pay
A terrible place to work...
Legal Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2016
A typical day was filled with a lack of production and deprivation.
I learned little to nothing because management and co workers lacked the necessary information in the legal department or they were not willing to share information.
The legal department is poorly managed, no accountability, no support, no diversity.
The hardest part of the job were the rules including no talking, walking, eating, no fresh air or sunshine, no vacation, personal or sick days, and a total disregard and disrespect for the employees.
I found nothing enjoyable about this job and, I would not recommend the legal department within the company to anyone.
Pros
Cons
everything
Awsome place to work
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 15, 2016
There still are a few kinks, but this company offers great benefits, the work is not hard and you stay busy The open door policy is great.
Pros
The hours are great
Cons
Parking and bonus tructure need work
Non Productive,
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 13, 2016
Account Exc. 2015 ..Stay Away from this company, There is no management support at all. Too many Cliques., Everyone is out for themselves. If you cant collect uncollectable healthcare debt your job security is considerd unemployment,
Pros
Bonuses if you can obtain them.
Cons
Late nights, Management is horriable
Long hours, very little support from corp. office Milwaukee office was conveniently located
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 13, 2015
Long work hour schedule was very rarely acknowledged by the corp. office, and very little support from the corp office. The Milwaukee was conveniently located and easy to get to with ample parking
Pros
Office was conveniently located
Cons
Very little support, and very little acknowledgement of a job well done
My Typical Day
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 17, 2013
My typical work day consist of me arriving to work 10 to 15 minutes early. At that time I will be booting my computer, greeting my supervisor and co-workers. Throughout the day I will make sure that no additional policies have been altered. After reviewing all active accounts in my desk, I would follow up with them in the midst of taking and receiving calls from motorists. The easiest part of my job consist of my interactions with my co-workers and motorists.