Harris Beach PLLC Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Management sucks
unknown (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2017
If I knew it was this bad here, I would have never come here. Constant turnovers. Issues are slipped under the rub and partners do as they like. Time to go.
Pros
Work life balance (at least before - not sure with new management)
Cons
Lack of clear direction; unorganized; run like a mom and pop shop
I regret for six years my decision to leave Harris Beach
Practice Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2017
Helpful department meeting every day. Tons of great learning experience. At the beginning we were very busy, but never worked crazy hours. I left because I did not have enough projects at the end. I wanted to be more busy. I WOULD GO BACK IF I HAD AN OPPORTUNITY
Pros
Great people I work with and learned from. Best Job I ever had. So sorry for letting it
Horrible place to work.
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 5, 2016
If you want to be lied to about your job description, treated like cramp, and have management turn a blind eye this is the place for you. Horrible place to work. People walked off the job on a regular basis because of the unreasonable work loads and no assistance. Not a good place to work. If you receive an offer run the other way.
Pros
I left.
Cons
Unreasonable work loads.
Miserable Place to Work
paralegal (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYNovember 6, 2015
If you want to be treated very badly, get yelled at and talked to like a piece of garbage this is the place to be.

The attorneys treat their staff like slaves and management could care less about you.
Pros
Cons
Too many to state
Decent place to work
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsford, NYOctober 22, 2015
I enjoyed working here. Not enough room to advance. I did learn a lot about various areas including Public Finance, Trusts and Estates, Education Law, Corporate Law and Real Estate,
Great company
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 22, 2015
Open office cover all executive administrative duties including legal documents and conference scheduling.
Office meeting keep the work flow smooth.
Good people and fun place
Staying late when mailing was needed.
Best part of job helping clients
Pros
employee regonition
Cons
healthcare
Decent
Senior Counsel (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYOctober 17, 2014
Great lawyers, good management, highly efficient organization.
Harris Beach and its subsidiaries provide a full range of legal and professional services for clients across New York state, as well as nationally.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 26, 2013
Harris Beach is among the country’s top law firms as ranked by The National Law Journal. Our clients include Fortune 500 corporations, privately-held companies, emerging businesses, not-for-profit organizations and individuals. Principal industries we represent include education, energy, financial, food and beverage, health care, insurance, manufacturers, medical and life sciences, real estate developers, and state and local governments and authorities.

They work hard to get to know their clients, their businesses, their goals, their industries,and even their competitors. We keep pace with ever-changing laws and regulations and the impact to our clients. We know that in today’s economy, few organizations survive without a careful eye on the bottom line. We understand that efficiency in managing legal costs is an important part of that equation.
Great firm
Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsford, NYJune 4, 2013
Great work environment, but interested in relocating to New York City.
Good group of people to work with
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 3, 2012
The Newark office of Harris Beach was small but relatively busy office. I worked with two partners and one associate with varying degrees of production. The mixture of corporate, litigation and at times real estate law was a good balance for me. This experience allowed me to keep abreast of current changes in those disciplines. The most enjoyable part of working at Harris Beach was being exposed to different disciplines of law. The hardest part of being there was the decision to close the Newark office which subsequently led to me being laid off.
Cons
laid off