Harris Computer Systems Employee Reviews

Poor Management & Company
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCJanuary 9, 2019
I went to interview for a job at HCS and the interview was pretty laid back and I was thankful that they didn't ask the asinine interview questions. I was told that the hours would rotate or float so if you worked late(midnight, 1am, 2am etc) you would come in late the next day and the same for people who left early(around 5pm) they would come in for the morning shift the next day. This changed every week or every other week. How is that logical? How can you ask people to plan their lives around these floating shifts? And when these shifts changed you could work until 1am one night and asked to come in at 6am the next morning. Why do this to your employees?
Well, the interview went well I thought and the "manager" told me he would call me or email and let me know either way if they were going to continue on with the second part of the interview process or if they decided to hire someone else. I never heard back from anyone from this company and it has been several months. I should had known from how the interview went that this was a poor company with poor management and it was quite evident with the poor shifts, poor managers, poor management, and ultimately this being a poor company.
Save yourself the stress and the ridiculousness of this companies policies and how they treat potential hires and their current employees.
Pros
Cons
poor management, poor managers, poor hours, low wages
Amazing Company
Vice President Client Services (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILSeptember 21, 2018
Harris is a great place to work and build your Career- there is tons of advancement within and their mentor program is fantastic. Recent changes in Management have deflected the atmosphere we had for over 15 years. Other then that I have learned ALOT from past management and advanced very quickly
Mediocrity rules
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandMay 16, 2018
Harris acquires companies with a good product and customer base, then milks those customers for all the profits they can get, while barely sustaining the product. Eventually, senior talent gets frustrated and leaves, while management replaces them with less experienced people.
Also, the HR staff is horrendous, continuously underachieving, and unresponsive.
Finally, management is a clique. You are either in or you're definitely out.
Pros
Remote work, flexible hours
Cons
Management, hr staff
Interesting but understaffed
Support Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEApril 20, 2018
Harris provides a challenging and interesting work environment. Vacation and health benefits are generous, but the run too lean to accomplish their stated missions and to provide the best for their employees and customers. Management often acts with limited or incorrect I and often makes decisions that seem to be counter to it's in long term interests.
Pros
Generous vacation and health benefits, interesting work
Cons
Minimal advancement opportunities, low wages, poor management
Stressful, Just a Number, Poor Management
Technical (Current Employee) –  Remote, On the RoadApril 13, 2018
When you work for Harris Computer, you're just another employee number. Management changes every few months and you're expected to work miracles. They keep cutting staff and expect you to do the work of everyone else the cut. There is no work life balance.
If you work there you should always expect the unexpected. Always be prepared to be let go, always be prepared to be one of the only few people left in your department. The more work you do, the more you get taken advantage of.

They do pay pretty decent, but when you calculate all the hours you put in, it doesn't end up to be what it should. Benefits are okay, but health care gets worse every year. Time off benefits are nice, but when you take it be prepared to get called and asked to do things.
Pros
Flexible work hours, decent starting pay
Cons
Unreal expectations, stressful, poor management
A good place to work
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COMarch 31, 2018
I worked for Harris ERP. It was a fun place to work with a small talented team. It was nice that I was able to work from home often. I would definitely recommend it.
Review
Product Owner (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 7, 2018
I am sure Harris is an awesome employer. I was involved in an acquisition that did not work well. The offsite management style was premature for a newly acquired business.
Pros
benefit package
Cons
offsite management
Overworked underpaid understaffed
Support (Current Employee) –  EastDecember 18, 2017
There is really not much else to say. The higher ups want to dictate everything and hold customers hostage with annual maintenance while providing horrendous customer service. Harris is all about making money for the VPs at the expense of employee morale and customer satisfaction.
Pros
Friday Breakfasts, soda, coffee
Cons
HLG is the worst division and management
Terrible culture
Regional Sales Executive - Caliber Public Safety (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IASeptember 12, 2017
Strategy is to acquire software companies, eliminate overhead, raise software maintenance and wait for the customer base to leave. This is highly profitable but highly stressful.
Excellent learning experience
Assistant to Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 17, 2017
Harris Computer Systems was my learning field for marketing. I was given an opportunity to grow and expand many interests in marketing. The management was very cultivating and supportive. The culture was excellent for learning and growing. The hardest part was limiting myself with each growth experience but it was also the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Excellent environment
Cons
Almost too expansive
Very professional place to work.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAFebruary 21, 2017
Very organized and very up to date place to work with. Team is very friendly and helpful. Everything is new and they always updating things. Unfortunately I had to leave to come for NY.
Fast paced busy environment
Software Support (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 14, 2015
InHance Devision of Harris

A typical day at work consists of great folks to work with.

High call and email volume. Strict deadlines. Must be a quick learner and be willing to learn on the job. Everyone in support is nice and willing to be helpful.

Development staff is very comical and fun to work with as well.

Only real down side is overwhelming work loads at times.
Pros
the people
Cons
short staff/ high work loads
Demanding work environment with limited resources
Professional Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagra Falls, NYAugust 28, 2013
Harris is a good company to work for overall but they expect too much out of ALL their employees. As a result, you end up working 60+ hours a week and weekend to get task completed. I don't mind putting in overtime if it was every once in a while, but it is "required" on a normal basis.
Pros
Friday Breakfast