Harris Corporation Employee Reviews

Excellent $5B company with deep pockets and programs to grow talent.
Vice President / Routing, Multiviewers, Servers (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 24, 2018
50% structure / 50% innovation
Many smart, fun and innovative people mixed with a culture of tradition coming from a historical Government / Military contract background. Never quite made the transition fully to a state of the art, slightly more risky, commercial culture required in the Broadcast Business.
Pros
Deep pockets with ability to train and grow talent
Cons
Not fully vested in the Broadcast market
Great for younger professionals
CONTRACT PROGRAM COMPLIANCE ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLMay 23, 2018
Hires kids and puts them in management positions too early and over employees working years and years in growing their careers there. Older professionals who are dedicated to company are overlooked and underpaid
Pros
Co workers are great.
Cons
pay and growth when you spend half your dedicated life to them
Eh
Procurement (Current Employee) –  Clifton, NJMay 14, 2018
Direct managers and coworkers are very nice and knowledgeable. Beyond that, no one seems to know what they’re doing. Everything is controlled by meaningless metrics or driving revenue above all else. While some work is interesting a large part is just tediously telling people things they should know.
Pros
Flex time, vacation policy
Cons
Upper management, systems, pretty much everything else
Always Challenging Work
Systems Integration and Test Engineer Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 7, 2018
Benefits are adequate, but a bit pricey for insurance. Management team has unfortunately lost touch with the work force and executes poorly. Work vs. Life balance is unbalanced.
Good place to work - high pace culture - inexperienced management
Network Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 5, 2018
Over all a good place to work with room for growth.
Learn new things related to Networking.
Must be self starter and fast learner.
Caters to younger work force rather than invest in seasoned employees.

Hardest part of the job is that it was more process driven with more stress put on sending informational messages out to internal and external customers rather than focus on getting the problem fixed first. Fixing the problem comes after notifications to internal/external customers.
Managers are new to management and seem to make up rules rather than follow corporate policy, ethics and values.
Pros
unlimited vacation policy
Cons
poor leadership and direction
Too many lay offs
Field Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 3, 2018
Every 6 month they restructure and lay off good workers. Workers are always on the lookout for when next wave of lay off will take place. They replace workers who make more money with new low salaried workers.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
lay offs
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMay 3, 2018
-Job had long hours that rotated a lot between nights and days
-I had a long drive to work
-The job was very stressful at some times but overall not to obad
Harris is a good Company to work for.
Senior Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Oberlin, OHMay 1, 2018
The hardest part of the job was being on-call most of the time as I was the only technician in Northern Ohio. Also, had to flex my hours as many of the Maintenance requests were done at night. This caused sleeping problems and my hours were so irregular.

I learned so much working for Harris on the FAA contract. We maintained all types of circuits, DDS, DDC, T1, T3, OC-3,12, 48, 192. Also tested and maintained VG3,6 and 8 services.
Pros
Worked with many very knowledgeable people.
Cons
irregular work hours
This was a fun place to work and still have time to do homework
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAApril 30, 2018
I would clean up clients apartments and prepare food and drop off and pick prescriptions from Walgreens. Mop floors and vaccum. Run the dish washer and Mop.
Pros
I walked in the neighborhood
Cons
short breaks
Coworkers are great
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  A Building Melbourne FLApril 26, 2018
Overall coworkers are great. Management is great. Pay could be better Some days I had nothing to do. Could have planned out the work better. I tried to make it last but it last but I can’t stretch it out all the time.
Solid
RF Electrical and Spectrum Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDApril 26, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Harris. The people were very nice and accommodating. The work was tough but the people were great. Very friendly and helpful.
Excellent engineering environment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJApril 26, 2018
Harris is a great environment for to develop engineering skills and to expand your engineering career. Co-workers are supportive, helpful and work together to achieve common goals.
Professional, fast paced environment
Proposal Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 24, 2018
Hired on to Harris 2 years prior to contract end for a portion of the work force. No guarantee of a promising future as Harris wants their corporate managers to manage this Air Force contract. Most days are very active. I enjoyed training others on systems I had learned.
Pros
Free coffee, tea, break room kitchenettes.
Cons
Unstable environment nearing end of long term contract.
Innovative, Teamwork, Rewarding
Program Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Malabar, FLApril 23, 2018
There are a variety of types of jobs available as well as opportunities for advancement if one is willing to move around. Fun coworkers, great hours and holidays. Overall a great company to work for with wonderful benefits. Out of all the jobs that I have had, Harris has been the best company I have worked for.
Pros
9/80 hours, holidays
Cons
Not a friendly place for employees
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaApril 22, 2018
No apparent focus on taking care of employees, constant management changes, non stop emergencies, felt like a grind every day, not a place I would recommend to anyone.
Good company
Embedded Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 20, 2018
Good company with pockets of excellent technical opportunities. The site I was at was in support of a large DOD contract, so the culture was driven by that contract and not by Harris.
Relaxed enviroment
Technical Manager (Current Employee) –  Kekaha, HIApril 19, 2018
Good working environment, great people with a real family feel. Room for advancement is there but not easily obtainable do to the location here on Kauai.
Was a great place to work 10 years ago
Systems Integration & Test Engineer III (Former Employee) –  DC MetroApril 18, 2018
10 years ago Harris was a great place to work. The pay was decent and benefits were great. Over the years it has gone downhill, they are no longer winning projects to support the loyal employees.
Pros
None anymore
Cons
Diminishing benefits
Good Benefits Bad Culture
Software Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDApril 17, 2018
The company's high employees gave the impression of favoritism.

Good. The benefits and pay were awesome. I liked the work. However, I did not see a future there due to the politics. And, they lost their main contract.
Multiple location
Small Business Liaison and Subcontract Manager (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 17, 2018
Harris Corporation has multiple locations so characteristics, policy, and office atmosphere vary depending on location. For the site I was at, excellent perks, relaxed dress code, PTO policy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harris Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.