Harris Corporation Employee Reviews

Great company to work for and I wish I didn't have to leave for personal reasons.
QA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLSeptember 18, 2018
This was one of the best companies I ever worked for and they helped me become the success that I am today. Very talented and skilled people and a good culture.
Pros
Good culture, people, and organization.
Cons
Jobs sometimes based on contract length.
Good company with many benefits
Director of Channels (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2018
The company was very good when it came to ensuring that the customer always came first. Customers were the most important ingredient to the success at Harris.
Pros
The had a culture of freedom, but hard work
Cons
It was in a shrinking market place
Average Internship
RF ENGINEER (INTERNSHIP) (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDSeptember 16, 2018
Pretty standard technical intern work. Some workers seemed to be working at a faster pace, however I didn't get the full work experience as I was just an intern.
Very professional
Sr. SQE IV (Current Employee) –  Malabar, FLSeptember 16, 2018
Harris is a great company to work at. It is a very professional environment, though too much red tape. There are some redundancy and too many systems to do your work, I wish someone can tackle the great deal of non value added and be more efficient.
Pros
Decent salary, professionalism, great respect and 9/40 with a off Friday every other week
Cons
Analysis paralysis, too many meetings and too many ways to report the same.
Friendly Environment
Systems Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Clifton, NJSeptember 14, 2018
Interesting technology at a slow pace. Upward movement is limited but the technology is bleeding edge. Great place to start, but management will not go out of their way to compensate. Expectation of weekend work/2nd shift/overtime is standard.
Harris Corp.- RFCD
Senior Human Resources Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 13, 2018
Professional environment. This company is committed to their mission. Good mix of technical and administrative staff on-site. Room for development and growth.
Pros
On site cafeteria, great area
Cons
Can't think of any....
High Stress work area
Network Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLSeptember 11, 2018
Although the work was stressful at times, I knew what I was getting into. It wasn't too much to handle, but it did keep you on your toes. With the FAA being our primary (Only) customer, each call was treated as a priority one call. I usually averaged 20 - 25 calls per work day. Love figuring out issues and solving problems.
Pros
Always interesting work
Cons
Working mid-shift quarterly
Nice place to work
Clinical Data Manager/ Abstractor II (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 7, 2018
Good place and people to work with. The location is very close for me to commute. Flexable schedule. The type of job we do always changing so that always in the lookout to learn and adapt
Overall a good company to work for.
Senior Production Planner (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLSeptember 3, 2018
The typical work day is busy and passes quickly. There are not too many meetings and no unreasonable deadlines for projects.
The leadership is focused on lean processing and encourages employee input and empowerment.
Like any company; there are good and not so good managers but if you get one of the good ones, and work hard, career growth will be easy.
Another plus for working at this company is the longevity of the programs. There are some contracts that extend into 2050.
Pros
9/80 work schedule allows for every other Friday off.
Cons
System technology is about 10 years behind industry standard
Great place
System Integration & Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLSeptember 3, 2018
I like this employer. I think its sad that Indeed is forcing me to make this review so I am having to come up with fluff so that I can meet the minimum character count.
Not a fun place to work. Morale is extremely low.
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Dulles, VASeptember 2, 2018
The company that I work for (Exelis Inc.) was brought out by Harris Inc. two years ago. Since then 80% of the employees who were working at Exelis, at the time of the sale, have left the company, Morale is extremely low at the company and the work environment is poor.
Fun place to work
Lead Radio Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 31, 2018
I've been employed here at Harris for almost 11 years. I learned to use a lot of tools here. Coworkers are friendly and easy to work with. Management is decent, you have some good bosses and some bad bosses. I enjoy the satisfaction of completing a daily or weekly quota and pushing out quality products for our costumers. The hardest part of my job is not the jobs itself but the disappointments of not being promoted or recognized for my hard work.
Pros
good flexible schedule
Cons
favoritism
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 31, 2018
Did not have a big company feel. Great company to work with, contract I worked on had a low ceiling salary wise which is one of the reasons I left. Otherwise great place to work.
Good place for long term career
Team Leader | Trainer | Support (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 29, 2018
Worked their for several years. It is a good place to grow and develop your career. I think the selling point is some of the top quality people that I worked with.
Pros
Place to develop your career
Great co-workers
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 29, 2018
Harris is chock full of really nice, really smart engineers. There’s lots of interesting work for self starter types. Upper management can be clueless, making fatal technical decisions without engineering input. This has caused senior engineers to jump ship, leaving new hires and fresh-outs with no one to support their growth. It also leaves huge knowledge gaps that can’t be filled by any amount of new hires. I personally left for a more telecommuter-friendly company that understands that software is often better done remotely, where there’s less noise and less distraction.
Pros
Smart, helpful coworkers
Cons
Upper management ignoring input from senior engineers
Secure place to work, with company politics being the only downside.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLAugust 27, 2018
Secure place to work, with company politics being the only downside. Work environment was fast paced, and enjoyed working with very skilled engineering workforce.
good place to work
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Malabar, FLAugust 26, 2018
material handling, stock room, pull material for orders/packages, process and move on to the next. can be monotonous but exciting at times, working 9/80 work week with every other Friday off helped with relaxing on weekends
Pros
goverment type job, potential to move up
Cons
contract work to start and expendible
Unfair Hiring Practices
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLAugust 25, 2018
While it is important to hire and support our military families, it is also imperative to offer employment to the local workforce, instead of bringing people from around the country to fill the vacancies. Most of the jobs (not specialized) can be learned by anyone with a high school diploma. Harris does not care about putting the local community to work - they are willing to pay moving expense among other perks just to keep the same people they already have, but yet make it look like they are doing a lot of hiring with these targeted job adverts. I went to a job fair a couple years ago and did not have a star (no veteran pref/clearance) on my name badge, thereby was determined undesirable and no one talked to me at any of the 8 or so tables. Was truly embarrassing.
management made it a stressful place to work
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 19, 2018
work culture left a lot to be desired
management was horrible to employees
hardest part of the job was back biting
best part of the job was when you left for the day
The Remote Neural Monitoring Division Concerned Me
developer (Former Employee) –  new yorkAugust 17, 2018
The Remote Neural Monitoring Division Concerned Me, they ruin lives by creating technology that manipulates peoples ability to manage their own lives..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harris Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.3Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.