Harris Corporation Employee Reviews

A good place to work
Product Line Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 19, 2018
Harris Corporation is a good place to work. The employees all work hard and enjoy their jobs at Harris Corporation. The Senior Leadership respect and listen to their subordinates.
Not happy with your request
Major Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  MO, IA, NE, ILJuly 17, 2018
Not happy with your review request. I think is not right to request this information or force to deliver it as a requirement for participating in the website.
Harris (Good, Stable Work)
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Clifton, NJJuly 16, 2018
Pays Great, Stable Work, Flexible, Can be boring (especially weekends), Healthy work environment, Management means well but could have room for improvement.
I learned a lot about my job.
Administrator and Property Management (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLJuly 9, 2018
There were some opportunities for job progression, but once you get good in a position, management doesn't want you to move on. I get that. Also, I enjoyed working with some very talented people.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Raises were very slim.
The site I worked at is closing.
Manufacturing Engineer, MK105 Mod (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLJuly 9, 2018
The company appears to be well managed, and listens to the needs/desires of it's employees. The regional VP seems to go the extra mile making himself visible at the location.
Good company that is slowly eroding
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLJuly 8, 2018
Harris is a good company with brilliant engineers.

They ask why they have a talent retention problem especially among young engineers, and the answer is simple. The paradigm of career building is different. Nowadays engineers will move company to company after a few years. Harris claims to be a family oriented company with good benefits and stability. However, younger employees witness older employees being mistreated all of the time. Also, Harris continually nickel and dimes people by having unpaid lunch meets where they claim to pay you by making you eat the unhealthy and not delicious cafeteria food. There is no extra effort being put in to make employees feel appreciated. Additionally, raises aren't great. So, it should be obvious why employees want to leave. Additionally, during my exit interview the HR interviewer rambled about her stories for 20 mins.

However, the engineering managers and the engineers are amazing and will bend over backwards for you. There is a culture of teaching each other and continued learning at Harris that is awesome. I wish that the other issues with Harris would be improved upon.
Good Personnel
Senior Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 7, 2018
People are hardworking in this company;
Management's vision is a bit out of step with industry;
Great people to work with but some managers are horrible to work for;
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management
Experience is key
Someone (Former Employee) –  SomewhereJuly 3, 2018
Make sure your background and experience are up to par and are a perfect match to job description. They aren't very big on learning curves or spin up.
Fantastic place to work considering all levels
Lead installer/Installation Manager (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJuly 2, 2018
Complete the tasks at hand, far too many to mention.
Increased my knowledge of a specific and also MANY others.
Management was always supportive.
Culture was balanced and terrific.
Hardest part working many hours if required, but did not bother or intimidate me in the least.
Most enjoyable was the people I worked with, places I traveled to and the support required by engineering to complete the project on time with great success.
Pros
Everything about the Company
Harris Corp
Inventory Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJune 29, 2018
Started work at 7:00 am and every day was different. I learned a multiple of new things everyday. Management made sure you were challenged and recognized for your hard work. The people were friendly,helpful and I made some great friends. The hardest part of the job was the paperwork that got audited. The most enjoyable part is the challenge of work and the people.
Pros
Employee Appreciation Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner
Cons
No cons that I can think of
Good place to start a career. A lot of great people
Industrial Security Spec. (SFPC)(NCMS member) (Current Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLJune 28, 2018
Great place to start your career as an engineer or working in Industrial Security. They do have flexible hours for employees, but not so much for management. I learned a lot about my profession and great workplace culture.
Little to compare to..
Security Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLJune 27, 2018
Great place to start your career. Exceptional training programs available and plenty of opportunities for advancement. Multiple locations around the world.
Cons
Heathcare
Fun workplace with excellent work conditions.
CYBERSECURITY PRODUCT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJune 27, 2018
Overall everyone is focused on mission accomplishment and recognizes the critical nature of the work we were performing. We had an excellent customer community and there were always new engineering challenges that had to be resolved. Never a dull moment!
Contractor
contractor (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJJune 25, 2018
I was a contractor at Harris,
They had a very good product line for the defense industry
security extremely tight
used state of the art tools and processes
Pros
quiet work environment
Cons
Na
Life and Work
System Integration & Test (SI&T) Engineer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 23, 2018
Having worked at Harris nearly 1.5 years as a contractor this after working at other companies, I can say that I was treated just as good and respected as permanent employees.
Best company i have worked for so far in my life (39 y/o)
Network Engineer 3 (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 20, 2018
Was repeatedly given tasks of higher and higher technical difficulty, and given the freedom to work these challenges with great colleagues. Pay was agreeable and had medical plan.
Time Crunch Powerhouse
Engineering (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 20, 2018
Everything is always needed immediately. If you like fire drills, you will love working for Harris. Corporate oversight of all activity is present throughout every day tasks.
Not a bad company, just an odd program
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 19, 2018
Harris is a good company, very solid and tons of interesting work.. I was on a terrible project with 58% turnover in 3 years time .. the project suffered from bad management and that was part of reason I resigned
Pros
Great company
Cons
terrible management
Good team though work can become repetitive.
Software Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 14, 2018
Good starting point for familiarization with large scale government contracts. Downside is that projects can become stagnant, with limited opportunities for internal movement.
Strong Company
Senior Capture Manager, Strategic Opportunities (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 11, 2018
Good company with strong customer focus. Smart management in corporate, even if the business units deal with excessive cost cutting pressure at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harris Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss