Harris Corporation Employee Reviews

Microsoft RealSite Program:
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 26, 2018
Extracted measurements from image projections to build accurate 3D models of buildings. Similar to Google earth, used by government and commercial agencies to simulate 3D urban areas such as major metropolitan cities.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLJanuary 24, 2018
Great work environment. I would recommend working for this company to all my peers. Everyone is kind and willing to help you. It was not a competitive work environment, everyone wanted to see each other succeed.
Company does not care about employees
LEAD SYSTEMS INTEGRATION ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 23, 2018
This company its all bout the stock value. The stock has gone from 20 dollars to 160 dollars per share over the last 5 years. This was accomplished at the cost of lowering employee benefit coverage and increasing employee premiums (get less for more); by stopping PRP (Profit sharing) bonuses to employees due to "yearly poor company performance'' (regardless of record profit and stock value increase) and by making employees work double when personnel left the company. Pay is sub par company wide compared to averages in the country. If you come here expect to get payed 20% less than you would at a similar company for the same exact job (except for new college graduates). Company loves to push what they call HBX (Harris Business Excellence) which allows the company to cut cost by not spending in things like chairs that were built this century and cancelling Christmas parties. They love to brag that they spend a lot of money on training, but what they do not say is that this is company/federal mandated compliance training. The company does not help you pay for career training or certifications. They do have tuition assistance, something like 2000 dollars a year.

Overall this is a good starting company after college but after two years it is time to go.
Pros
Every other friday off for some divisions, 6% match 401k, generous PTO policy
Cons
Very low pay, Bad executive upper and middle management, most benefits are sub par
SENIOR PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAJanuary 23, 2018
Difficult and stressful working conditions, if you are not able to meet projected numbers you receive a lot of scrutiny. You are expected to work 50+ hours per week, and never feel appreciated.
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
Good people to work with
Site Administrator (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAJanuary 18, 2018
The people became an extended family. The workplace culture was interactive and collaborative. Each day was very busy, but overall enjoyable. If the site had not closed down, I would still be working there.
Pros
Good people, good benefits
Cons
High Stress
Just need a better job for my family
Cement Finisher (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJanuary 18, 2018
I just need a beter job for my family with benfits, 401k, retirement, and insurance. I need paid time off for vacation when I need it. Sick time we all get sick i may or may not need sick leave.
good place to work
Senior Engineer-B2 Bomber Test Set (Former Employee) –  Lindenhurst, NYJanuary 15, 2018
Good job but very short term contract. Cost of living to high. You could go to the Hamptons on the weekend or New York City. All within driving distance.
Pros
good overtime
Cons
expensive living cost
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 10, 2018
Great place to work with friendly people. If you have a problem, they will find someone that can help you. They use UPK as their training material development.
Cons
Great people to work with
Program Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 9, 2018
Great people to work with. There are many opportunities for training and job advancement. Decent benefits and most of my managers were fair and easy to work with
Good company if you are ready to settle down
RF Engineer (Current Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLJanuary 8, 2018
The company is great; however it is a slow pace type of work. People is nice, but there it has an old boy scout club type of culture. If you can adjust to these... then the place is perfect for you.
Pros
good vacation plan
Cons
boring, slow
Stressful
SOFTWARE SUPPORT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 4, 2018
A typical day in this office was stressful. With serving all the cable sites that we had a day could be very hectic. The culture of the workplace was very poor.
Pros
Cons
everything
GREAT place to work!
Accounting - Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 3, 2018
People are friendly. Benefits are great! Highly recommended. The company ethics make it a comfortable place to work. Pay is competitive and benefits are good.
Pros
Free coffee / hot drinks all the time.
Cons
Cubicle life.
Interesting work, great customers.
Senior Technical Trainer III (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 24, 2017
It was an honor to work with all of the customers of Harris Corp's Public Safety and Professional Communications Division. Working with Police/Fire/Military is an honor and the Harris products directly contribute to the safety and efficiency of our first responders. The environment is primarily positive, and the pay and benefits are fair.
Wonderful Job but needs better administration
Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Rio Grande City, TXDecember 24, 2017
The job is great, but salary for non union workers are very low for what they ask. Management needs to improve since employees receive retaliation, too much stress and work harrasment.
Pros
Different job
Cons
Salary, management
Enjoyable Work Environment
Electrical Engineer (FPGA Designer) (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLDecember 23, 2017
A typical day at work is pretty busy but remains enjoyable. There are many ways to pass down information to to the lower level employees. The hardest part of the job is the intense schedule, but is the a issue in most Engineering positions.
Frustrating at times
AVS Program - Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLDecember 19, 2017
Worked as the service desk for the FAA

It was frustrating because due to the contract, we were not able to assist the users as we knew that we could.
Pros
set schedule
Cons
contractual limitations
intense but gratifying place to work
Quality Engineer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJDecember 15, 2017
Utilized leadership, managerial, communications and interpersonal skills; so as to fast track tasks as required. self-starter environment, team player environment as well as promoting teamwork among others. teamwork and customer focus skills required.Diverse set of support groups
Pros
great place to learn multi-tasking
Many people have life long careers at Harris
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLDecember 15, 2017
I would have never left Harris Corp. if my salary would have kept up with the market. Hired as a new graduate from UCF, my starting salary was the median for the position at my time of hire; however, after 3 months the starting salary jumped 8%, and after 1 year it jumped 15% yet my pay only increased 3%. Although, I stayed with the company and gained valuable experience, ultimately I left because after 4+ years I was able to go elsewhere for a 26% pay increase.
Pros
Benefits and 9/80 work schedule
Cons
Salary didn't keep up with experience
Was a great place to work until top management change
Staff Engineer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLDecember 14, 2017
Mostly a great place to work. Top management change causing culture in mid 80s to turn very uncaring for employees. Complete levels of mid management were eliminated and managers with years of seniority were demoted and let go. Much of the senior talent was chased off.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Poor top management
My Intro to Wireless Telecommunications, the experience was priceless
Resource Engineer (Former Employee) –  US, supported worldwide installationsDecember 11, 2017
You never forget the time you spend in the planning and installation of wireless communication systems. You visit very interesting locations and you create systems that allow communication that did not exist before. The ENG and SNG experience was also extraordinary.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harris Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.