Harris County Employee Reviews

Very fast paced.
Exec Team Staffing (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2019
Did daily mail runs to all Harris County Facilities, handled all incoming and out going mail and packages. USPS, FedEx, UPS. Over saw that all facilities within the auditors Office were working. Handled the enventory for harris county auditors Office employees.
Very professional atmosphere, friendly staff as well as supervisors, everyone is a team player we come together to complete a task that needed to be p
United pest control (Former Employee) –  Cullen blvdFebruary 4, 2019
Time management skills, type 35-40 wpm, Ms word,Excel office, outlook,and PowerPoint. Scheduling a meeting in conference room, taking bid proposals, typing all correspondence, filing, answer multiline phone system with 100 ext.making coffee, calling for deliveries, he assistant when needed, cleaning conference area, programming new software to the computer when needed
Pros
Nobe
Cons
Long breaks
Awesome place to work
Business Analyst/Data Conversion (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2019
Great Place to work! The management here does whatever it takes to help a new employee. I would return to working at Harris County if an a job came open.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Fun, relaxed and productive atmosphere to be apart of.
Intern Student (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2019
Typically, I would come in and check emails, then start working through queues to balance patient charts to zero and resubmit claim denials and perform write-off, as needed. I've learned how to work through a complete chart to look for specific information pertaining to what denial reason was given, how to balance payments to equal zero, and look up pricing for commonly used CPT codes. The hardest part about the learning experience was just being new to everything. Other than that, it was being away from home. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with a group of women who shared similar morals and values and loved each other as a family.
Great place to work a
Detention Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2019
Working for Harris County Sheriff Office was a great experience, I was able to learn many great tools that I will one day use as a Law Enforcement Officer.
Good work experience
Deputy/Criminal Investigator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2019
A typical day could consist of being call-out at 1:00 a.m. and then returning to work at 8 a.m. Just to receive another 3 new cases. Heavy case load with inexperience management.
Branch Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 30, 2018
As a former employee, HCCSCD was a great place to work. We got raises, step increases, 3 Director days per year, 3 mental health days, the best retirement in the state, flexible work schedules, and a certain level of autonomy...although no job is perfect...but actually I really didn’t have any complaints worth noting
Pros: all of the above
Cons: too much judicial involvement
Pros
Benefits, flexibility, help people get better
Cons
Too much judicial involvement at times
work life
Nutritionist/Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 28, 2018
awesome benefits but not much career advancement. great co workers and department. very chill job but you do have to work one weekend during each month.
Very challenging work environment
DEPUTY (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 17, 2018
Excellent opportunity for career advancement. Although most positions are very stressful at Harris County, the benefits are excellent, and the opportunities for growth within the company are excellent.
Ok job
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 13, 2018
Job was amazing. Management had a lot of favoritism but at the end of the day you go to work. I recommend anyone to work here very flexible. Nice people.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Too much favoritism
Great people to work for and fun environent with a purpose.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2018
I loved working for this company. I enjoyed fully paid benefits and it came in handy. I recommend this employer to anyone looking for a job to retire with because it has a great retirement program. Excellent workplace.
Fun
ESL Teacher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 3, 2018
I worked with adults teaching them in the ESL classroom. It was very interesting because some of the students couldn't speak any English at the time.
Productive and inspiring place to work for.
e-Builder System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Engineering DepartmentOctober 23, 2018
Working in the Engineering Department has given me exposure to clients and leaders of the County. It is a great place to work with great benefits. I am ready to move on due to financial limitations in my current position,and the ability to move up.
Pros
No micromanaging.
Cons
Parking is too expensive downtown.
Absolutely awful
Detention Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 21, 2018
The leadership treat people like garbage, no one listens to what you have to say, the inmates have more rights and protection than the officers, you have to write letters up the chain of command for vacation time which is usually denied, the county won't pay for treatment of disease if you get bit or stabbed, forced unpredictable 16 hour shifts 4-5 times per week, not able to have a social life, Co workers are lazy and don't even provide restroom breaks. No one cares if you are sick, have family issues, etc... You better be there. You'll get written up even with a doctors note. Have fun lol
Great trainings
Family services provider (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 16, 2018
Management was great in providing help and training. Employees were not left alone until well trained. Assured that employees were comfortable going solo on job duties and know that if needed, just make a call.
Supervisors were equally helpful in teaching and providing training. Great working conditions.0
Pros
Flexible time off
Cons
Stressful and several deadlines in a short period
A productive place of employment
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2018
Lead Teacher in preschool classroom weekly lesson plans, 2 annual home visits, planned field trips, improvised arts & crafts and set educational goals.
Pros
Watching the students grow and develop in their educational milestone
Cons
Salary too low with no current raises.
A great place to work with dedicated people
Volunteer Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2018
This is an altruistic environment which can be difficult to find. Managers did not have enough real world experience for their project. That said, their positive attitudes kept them going. THAT was impressive.
Pros
collegial atmosphere
Cons
low pay
Deputy (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 3, 2018
I worked in several departments and enjoyed working in each one. The co-workers were great to work with. I was encouraged to advance whenever possible and did move into the departments I worked to get
Pros
Pay and co-workers
Cons
Some supervisors
Afis dpt
Fingerprint Examiner,IT Tech,shift sup. (Former Employee) –  1301 FranklinSeptember 27, 2018
Best place I ever worked. Wish I never left, would do anything to work back in AFIS division. I left because my child was diagnosed with Autism and needed my full attention.
Pros
Great work envo
Cons
Great environment.
It’s just a job
Enforcement Agent (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2018
This job was downright stressful and outrageous. The county is great for free vision benefits and retirement but that’s about it. You start out temporary and then become permanent if you do well enough and pass enough tests. Attendance is a major key working for Harris county. If you don’t plan on showing up, don’t waste your time.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
You never get a straight answer for anything, Too much of a hierarchy and nobody likes to be questioned.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harris County. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss