Harris Health System Employee Reviews

I love my job with Harris Health System
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 18, 2018
I love coming to work at Harris Health System because we're helping many from different parts of life. My supervisor and manager is very nice and understanding. They work with you when it comes to taking off on a short notice or they allow you to make up your time so you don't have to use PTO.
Worst work place ever, worst management
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  GeneralJune 16, 2018
If you’ve never had a terrible boss, then you are one lucky human being. Most of us have some experience dealing with a manager that brought us to tears, made us red with rage, or that simply made us dread going to work every day.
June 18, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We strive every day to be the premier Public Health System in the nation by attracting and retaining the best talent in the industry and your feedback is key in helping us achieve this goal. If you would like to share more about your experiences please contact us at talentacquisition@harrishealth.org so that we can set up some time to talk. Thank you again for your feedback as it helps us make Harris Health a better place. We wish you the best with your future endeavors.

Medicaid Pending Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77030June 6, 2018
Harris Health is a good place to work. They treat you like family.
If you have an emergency they work with you in reference to
taking off. Good shift hours
workplace culture
Patient Care Technician II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2018
it was a great place to work before all the racism. hiring young disrespectful people. Getting rid of seasoned employees makes the work place a disaster.
Pros
flexable work hours
Cons
culture changed color
June 6, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We strive every day to make Harris Health System an organization that offers a culture of inclusion and diversity that attracts and retains the best talent in the industry. If you would like to share more about your experiences please contact us at talentacquisition@harrishealth.org so that we can set up some time to talk. Thank you again for your feedback as it helps us make Harris Health a better place. We wish you the best with your future endeavors.

Service to the Masses
Navigator/ Access Counselor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2018
worked different departments.
First 3 years worked Outreach..
Second 3 years under Grant Collaborating with
United Way 211- Focusing on Colo-rectal Cancer and Cervical Cancer.
Pros
out in the community
Cons
lunch was on the run.
Great Experience
Medical Record Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2018
I have learned a lot here at Harris Health System, I just feel it is time for more exposure. I need more growth and opportunities. I also would like more challenges on my job.
Favoritism
Patient Financial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 28, 2018
Do not work here unless your are family or have a lot of friends that do because you will not succeed here! Raises are little and few- far between! Lots of tattling!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Management is unfair and sarcastic
June 6, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Our goal is to create a platform for all employees that provides access to career development and advancement opportunities. If you would like to share more about your experiences please contact us at talentacquisition@harrishealth.org so that we can set up a time to talk. Thank you again for your feedback as it helps us make Harris Health a better place. We wish you the best with your future endeavors.

Love It
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2018
Harris Health has been nothing but good to me. I've worked at other large hospitals in the city and they don't compare. I love the patient population because they actually are in true need of assistance. They is opportunity to grow in this company.
great place to work
Health Unit Coordinator Riverside Dialysis Center (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2018
Really loved working for Harris Health they are such a great company who really care about their employees. Would not have anything negative to say about Harris Health,
Always learning most rewarding.
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2018
The staff make a person feel like they are family. They really care about the patients. There is always something new to learn. Great place to work.
Great
Security Officer 2 (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2018
I was a hardworking employee. This was an excellent facility. Management was great. This was a great place for teamwork. The hardest part of my job is always trying to figure out what I could do better. The enjoyable part about my job is interrating with people and having satisyfying customers.
fun environment
Front Office Clerk/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasMay 14, 2018
It is a stress free good working environment the coworkers cooperate and help each other when needed. Management is good and understanding. A very good place to work.
Pros
stress free
Cons
30 minute lunch break
Friendly atmosphere, great place to work/intern.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 14, 2018
Everyone was very polite and friendly. They were willing to teach me different things about the field and directed me to sources for information regarding employment opportunities .
Cna
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2018
Great job and great people to work with.Busy and interesting environment.There is never a quite moment.Good for nursing students and people furthering their career.
Fun place to work at
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 29, 2018
I am a current employee and I have to say that my pay is great and the benefits too this is the reason why i have been working for this company for 16 years and have not left.
managers were racial
OB/GYN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 24, 2018
managers were very racial, a lot of family members were being hiried within positions and HR overlooking theses situations. A lot of favoritism within the system.
May 17, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Our goal is to create a platform for all employees that provides access to career development and advancement opportunities. If you would like to share more about your experiences please contact us at talentacquisition@harrishealth.org so that we can set up some time to talk. Thank you again for your feedback as it helps us make Harris Health a better place. We wish you the best with your future endeavors.

Skilled Caos
Patient Access Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2018
My feelings about Harris Health System is not while nothing prepares you for working there you can go anywhere after being trained there because you are well skilled in multiple areas.
I love working with my patients and it is this joy that has kept me there the past 20 years. The benefits are good and the holidays and consistent work schedule is great. The hardest part of the job is that there is such an emphasis on time spent with each client that I do not believe we are giving our best. Our clinic sees over 500 patients a day and with a staff of at best 6 and down to often 5 to 4 this is hard and stressful.
I am trained in outpatient and inpatient registration. I have worked the transfer center, day surgery, bed management, and deaths area of our company. Came in with just a high school education, but the company offers tuition reimbursement so I now have a college degree.
Pros
patient contact, benefits, tuition reimbursement, disaster assistance
Cons
once you have a degree you are not promoted, stress, quick paced, perfection required
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 9, 2018
A environment that has a system within a system that all may not be accepted. One day like pulling teeth and the next one like Christmas Eve. An environment that has double standards and sometime make you feel unwelcomed without reason. Multi cultured environment. Racism was at a low.
Good workplace
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston texasMarch 28, 2018
Good people to work with, friendly, good environment enjoy the time off that you can accumulate able to work with different kind of people feels like home
Working for Harris Health System is always something new to learn
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 22, 2018
A typical day always busy.
I learned a lot and experience
Management knowledge
Culture diversity
the hardest was short of people
Benefits and holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harris Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Harris Health System Reviews by Location