Harris Health System
65Average

Harris Health System Employee Reviews

United States431 reviews
The management on 4F PACU Recovery & HR really need to be fired, I was NEVER treated equally or fairly by management, HR or by coworkers, I was targeted, picked on,singled out for no reason whatsoever, bullied & harrased, discriminated against & management did absolutely nothing about it or to the coworker who were doing it to me. w who who
Pros
Harris Health System Offer Great Benefits
Cons
Unfair practices by management & HR, where I was never treated equally or fairly by management or by HR, being biased, a lot of favoritism & taking sides shown to certain coworkers over others ( me ), Double Standards, being ok for some, but not for others
Everyone is so great. It is a good place to be. There are so many different clinics you could always transfer to somewhere closer to your house. Harris Health is like a family.
Executive Leadership team are unaccountable. The HR team does not exist, they hide behind lawyers. I’ve never worked for a company that has so many lawyers that work for HR. Seems that if you are doing the right thing and truly acting as an HR department should, lawyers are unwarranted. HR plays a key role in employee oppression, inequality, inhumane treatment and systemic racism. Horrible company to work for...run fast. Not worth you leaving your existing job for, please take heed.
Cons
Do NOT waste your time here! This place is absolutely horrible. The management is down right bad and has her favorites that do no wrong. The workflow is SEVERELY outdated and Martina will not make any changes to it! The staff DOES NOT follow sterile technique protocols. The attitude of the first shift staff is poor! They honestly do not care about the patients. They take there time to CODE BLUE, often leading tonpayients coding out. The PACU area is not sterile whatsoever. I have never seen anything like this in my life. I am honestly scared for the patients they treat! . This place needs to be shut down !
Pros
Salary is decent
Cons
Patient Safety!
Great pay. Terrible job training and leadership. New hires thrown to the wolves with no regards. No accountability from leadership to their staff for changes in nursing practices that will improve patient care. People are scared to speak up due the the backlash of being labeled. Not sure if some of the people in leadership are even qualified to lead but most likely knew someone to get the job.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Absolutely loved working here. Unfortunately due to personal issues I had to leave but I want to come back and planning to come back. Loved it so much I miss it but again planning on going back
Most co-workers were close and a positive and fun work place. Good team work environment. Great working hours, off on weekends and most federal holidays.
We are an organisations that treat patience and give good health care people came from all over the country to get treatment here.There hospitals and clinics everywhere in the city of Houston own by Harrishealth system
Only a select few get to run a department. If you like to work in the medical field it is a good place to work as long as you do the work that the chosen ones do not want to do. All the way from management to clerical support there is favoritism and when you try to do positive changes you are seen as an unfavorable employee. In order to work peacefully you do not complain. unyoufrom
Good environment to work in. All the employees where nice and friendly and will work as a team everyday together I really enjoy working there the time I was there
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Harris Health System?
Micro-management, very stressful environment, Management does not follow polices and holds different employees to a different standards. Under staff and expects employees to still uphold all required job duties without assistance
Official response from Harris Health System
April 14, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We strive every day to be the premier Public Health System in the nation by attracting and retaining the best talent in the industry and your feedback is key in helping us achieve this goal. If you would like to share more about your experience please contact us at talentacquisition@harrishealth.org so that we can set up some time to talk. Thank you again for your feedback as it helps us make Harris Health a better place. We hope to hear from you soon.
Everyday is a different experience. I have learned so much here. Harris Health promotes a positive learning environment. I enjoy working with my co-workers. They are so helpful and we all work as a team.
- Good benefits.
- Fast paced environment make the day go fast.

- Hard to take the days off.

- Friendly staffs.

- Patients are friendly and willing to wait for hours.
Great company to work for and with they treat their employees great and always have an open door policy. I have been so thankful to be here and to be a part of their team.
Good benefits and compensation. Recently had an across the board market adjustment so the pay is competitive and the jobs are highly sought after........
Many many changes every quarter. Leaders change, initiatives change, limited resources. Take the job if you like the community and patients, as a lot of basic items to complete job may be hard to attain.
Official response from Harris Health System
April 14, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We strive every day to be the premier Public Health System in the nation by attracting and retaining the best talent in the industry and your feedback is key in helping us achieve this goal. If you would like to share more about your experience please contact us at talentacquisition@harrishealth.org so that we can set up some time to talk. Thank you again for your feedback as it helps us make Harris Health a better place. We wish you the best with your future endeavors.
Good job security but management in some areas poorly aligned with the Harris Health System mission. Management needs to define a clear multi year shaping curve with clear objectives to guide organizational excellence.
A typical day in the life of a government worker. Harris County dictates from a contract management and purchasing perspective as its a taxpayer funded workshop.
Pros
Award winning wellness program
Cons
Tax payer funded
Come to work with a great attitude. Surround yourself with positive people, stay away from those who talk down on the company. You have the opportunity to move around within the company. Great place to work.
Have received two raises in just a little over 2 yrs with another coming this March eval for July! Lots and lots of pros of work-life balance and very supportive mgmnt, however the more prominent con for me is that they use our personal PTO to pay out the company mandated holidays, which can make your check short if you aren't mindful of your available PTO!
I really enjoy what I do and the work that I do. Helping people is my passion and my bosses really assist in this as well. I always feel that I am listened to and supported.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harris Health System. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
1.9
InHerSight Score
1.6Personal Development
2.5Career Opportunities
1.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight