Harris Health System Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place/school
Ultrasound Student (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 16, 2018
Harris Health is a great place to learn sonography. They allow students to get direct hands-on scanning experience from the first day of school to the last day.
Harris Health System cares for employees and patients.
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 15, 2018
Good place to work,so much I have retired after 20yrs/5 months. Because I am a very caring person who looks forward to go to work. And most of all love the elders and pediatrics.
Pros
Gives awards for your dedication
Cons
Co-workers need to care about the patient's
had a great time
Psychiatric Technician II (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 14, 2018
training helped me a lot i was able to transfer in many departments to learn different skills...i learned to do EKG And other nurse aids,my training gave me ability to wanna do more
Typical Day
Public Safety Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2018
• Received, evaluated, prioritized, and relayed calls for emergency and non-emergency public safety assistance and dispatches appropriate units and coordinates response of emergency personnel.
• Operated a variety of telecommunications equipment including radio, telephone, and computer aided dispatch systems.
• Performed a wide variety of specialized clerical duties involved in the preparation, maintenance, and release of materials related to law enforcement activities.
• Observed client's property, reporting suspicious activity, report writing, responding to emergencies/incidents promptly and efficiently, patrolling job site, controlling access of client's traffic at their facilities, operating visitor systems, assisting in tasks as assigned at discretion of management and conducts investigations and completes detailed reports
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Lack of Employees
patient focus
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2018
Numerous opportunities for service recovery daily, enjoyed the face-to-face time allowed for patient interaction.Co workers very generous and dedicated to the mission.
Good job to work for but hopefully you dont get a bad management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 26, 2018
Great place to work, but some department just hired people just to fill that position. I encourage you to apply nice benefits and PTO if you like to have a lot PTO this a plcase for you.
Benefits
Cons
Nice
Accuracy and Productivity
Eligibility Counselor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 26, 2018
The accuracy and productivity must be met and kept up with. ServiceFIRST is a must requirement. Review all documents before submitting case. Complete all pending return cases.
Productive place to Work
Patient Care Technician II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77030June 25, 2018
I LOVE coming to work. It's one of the most rewarding places to work. Everyone is willing to help and goes over and beyond to help one another. Also the patients or the best.
Great mulit-culture experience
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2018
Must have confidence, multi-culture knowledge, and lots of energy to work at this trauma level 3 hospital. All floor units have transitioned to IMU status.
Pros
great pay
Cons
paitent acuity
I love my job with Harris Health System
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 18, 2018
I love coming to work at Harris Health System because we're helping many from different parts of life. My supervisor and manager is very nice and understanding. They work with you when it comes to taking off on a short notice or they allow you to make up your time so you don't have to use PTO.
Worst work place ever, worst management
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  GeneralJune 16, 2018
If you’ve never had a terrible boss, then you are one lucky human being. Most of us have some experience dealing with a manager that brought us to tears, made us red with rage, or that simply made us dread going to work every day.
June 18, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We strive every day to be the premier Public Health System in the nation by attracting and retaining the best talent in the industry and your feedback is key in helping us achieve this goal. If you would like to share more about your experiences please contact us at talentacquisition@harrishealth.org so that we can set up some time to talk. Thank you again for your feedback as it helps us make Harris Health a better place. We wish you the best with your future endeavors.

Medicaid Pending Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77030June 6, 2018
Harris Health is a good place to work. They treat you like family.
If you have an emergency they work with you in reference to
taking off. Good shift hours
workplace culture
Patient Care Technician II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2018
it was a great place to work before all the racism. hiring young disrespectful people. Getting rid of seasoned employees makes the work place a disaster.
Pros
flexable work hours
Cons
culture changed color
June 6, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We strive every day to make Harris Health System an organization that offers a culture of inclusion and diversity that attracts and retains the best talent in the industry. If you would like to share more about your experiences please contact us at talentacquisition@harrishealth.org so that we can set up some time to talk. Thank you again for your feedback as it helps us make Harris Health a better place. We wish you the best with your future endeavors.

Nice Work Environment
Ambulatory Care Services Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2018
People typically become loyal to Harris Health System. We do many thing to boost employee morale. I've been here for 5 years and it's busy but fun. Diverse patient population.
Service to the Masses
Navigator/ Access Counselor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2018
worked different departments.
First 3 years worked Outreach..
Second 3 years under Grant Collaborating with
United Way 211- Focusing on Colo-rectal Cancer and Cervical Cancer.
Pros
out in the community
Cons
lunch was on the run.
Great Experience
Medical Record Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2018
I have learned a lot here at Harris Health System, I just feel it is time for more exposure. I need more growth and opportunities. I also would like more challenges on my job.
Favoritism
Patient Financial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 28, 2018
Do not work here unless your are family or have a lot of friends that do because you will not succeed here! Raises are little and few- far between! Lots of tattling!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Management is unfair and sarcastic
June 6, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Our goal is to create a platform for all employees that provides access to career development and advancement opportunities. If you would like to share more about your experiences please contact us at talentacquisition@harrishealth.org so that we can set up a time to talk. Thank you again for your feedback as it helps us make Harris Health a better place. We wish you the best with your future endeavors.

Love It
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2018
Harris Health has been nothing but good to me. I've worked at other large hospitals in the city and they don't compare. I love the patient population because they actually are in true need of assistance. They is opportunity to grow in this company.
great place to work
Health Unit Coordinator Riverside Dialysis Center (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2018
Really loved working for Harris Health they are such a great company who really care about their employees. Would not have anything negative to say about Harris Health,
Always learning most rewarding.
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2018
The staff make a person feel like they are family. They really care about the patients. There is always something new to learn. Great place to work.