Harris Health System Culture reviews

Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 25, 2019
Great place to work with great leadership. Company offers great benefits, life-work balance, excellent job culture, promotion from within, leadership courses.
great place
Senior Systems Integration/Test Engineer 2 (Former Employee) –  RemoteMarch 24, 2019
a typical day at work was great, i learned great things, management was great, workplace culture was great, the hardest part of the job was the weekends
Good work place
Social Worker Case Manager II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 15, 2019
Harris Health is a good place to work. The management is constantly striving to provide high quality services and care to patients. The organizational structure is dynamic and constantly being improved, in order to compete with the private sector in health care. The faculty is mostly dedicated and committed to the patients. The nursing, case management and administrative staff usually reflect the culture of the clinical faculty of the particular facility.

The hardest part of working at Harris Health is the high workload. On a typical day, workload is excessive per employee which makes it stressful and sometimes results in employee burn-out syndrome within a few years.

The most enjoyable part is the wonderful supportive and friendly co-workers, the physicians and the nursing staff at the medical facilities. It's like a family unit away from home.

Overall, it's a good place to work if the workload can be equitably distributed across the board and with a realistic expectation.
Pros
Great benefits, room for advancement or transfer, exceptional and dedicated physicians to work with
Cons
High workload for certain positions and facilities
Highly productive
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 20, 2018
Typical day at Harris Health System is always a surprise, always something new. Never a dull day.
I've learned many things here at Harris Health System such as aggression management how to perform CPR and other techniques to keep my working environment, patients, staff, and coworkers safe.
The workplace culture in Harris Health System is very diverse. Having proper training, there is not a hard part of the job. The part I enjoy most about my job is that every day is different.
Pros
Great benefits
Good place to work with diverse population.
Nurse Clinician II, PM&R (Rehabilitation unit) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 2, 2018
A typical day is moderately busy. I learned all my nursing skills there. The management was fair and helpful. The culture was diverse and patient's were largely easy to work with. The hardest part of teh job was somewhat a lack of cohesion with other staff members. The enjoyable part was holidays and flexible scheduling.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, inexpensive parking fees.
Cons
Sometimes understaffed.
Terrible place to work
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Osceola, ARNovember 30, 2018
This place is the most unprofessional place that I have ever worked. The administrator thinks everything is a joke, the employees are rude to the residents and to fellow employees. Anyone can get a job here with no drug tests or background checks so that is exactly what type employees are here. This place is not fit for the residents that have to live here. They need new management to ever make this a fit place for residents and professional employees
Pros
Wage is competitive
Cons
Everything else!
My employment with harris health
Ben Taub - Food Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 23, 2018
As an employee for Harris Health, a typical work day consisted of preparing for an entire shift by displaying cleanliness, organizing and planning for each individual patient. I learned to work as a team player, how to multi-task in a fast paced environment and deliver high quality service upon command. I worked well with management and produced the required work given in a timely manner. I worked in a diverse culture that allowed many opportunities. Upon learning what was required of me, I adjusted and performed my job duties with confidence. I enjoyed being a part of a team, making patients smile and delivering outstanding service upon request, while going above and beyond to preform my job duties.
Great learning experience
Emergency Room Registered Nurse/Nurse Clinician II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2018
Strong workload, great staff, lots to learn. It can become a great place to work for a new nurse needs to have more experienced nurses to balance safety.
awesome
Insurance coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 29, 2018
great place to work and team was fantastic I really enjoy working there it was sad to leave and relocate but it was necessary but if one day I can return I will.
fast and busy
LBJ HIM (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 27, 2018
busy environment, fast paced, different cultures, releasing records for outside facilities, family bond with coworkers, helpful environment, learned a lot about different cultures
Good job to work for but hopefully you dont get a bad management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 26, 2018
Great place to work, but some department just hired people just to fill that position. I encourage you to apply nice benefits and PTO if you like to have a lot PTO this a plcase for you.
Benefits
Cons
Nice
Great mulit-culture experience
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2018
Must have confidence, multi-culture knowledge, and lots of energy to work at this trauma level 3 hospital. All floor units have transitioned to IMU status.
Pros
great pay
Cons
paitent acuity
workplace culture
Patient Care Technician II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2018
it was a great place to work before all the racism. hiring young disrespectful people. Getting rid of seasoned employees makes the work place a disaster.
Pros
flexable work hours
Cons
culture changed color
Official response from Harris Health System
June 6, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We strive every day to make Harris Health System an organization that offers a culture of inclusion and diversity that attracts and retains the best talent in the industry. If you would like to share more about your experiences please contact us at talentacquisition@harrishealth.org so that we can set up some time to talk. Thank you again for your feedback as it helps us make Harris Health a better place. We wish you the best with your future endeavors.

Great
Security Officer 2 (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2018
I was a hardworking employee. This was an excellent facility. Management was great. This was a great place for teamwork. The hardest part of my job is always trying to figure out what I could do better. The enjoyable part about my job is interrating with people and having satisyfying customers.
Cna
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2018
Great job and great people to work with.Busy and interesting environment.There is never a quite moment.Good for nursing students and people furthering their career.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 9, 2018
A environment that has a system within a system that all may not be accepted. One day like pulling teeth and the next one like Christmas Eve. An environment that has double standards and sometime make you feel unwelcomed without reason. Multi cultured environment. Racism was at a low.
Working for Harris Health System is always something new to learn
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 22, 2018
A typical day always busy.
I learned a lot and experience
Management knowledge
Culture diversity
the hardest was short of people
Benefits and holidays
Great place to work.
Patient Care Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 7, 2018
Great place to work. Management needs to be upgraded. Team oriented. Coworkers very helping and caring. Very secure job position. Most patients very thankful and considerate.
Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, RN II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 19, 2018
Great culture and serving their population is very rewarding. It is also the best place to learn as it is a teaching hospital. Nurses in my unit work together and are not competitive
I loved working at Harris Health
RN II in the Coronary Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2018
Great place to work, amazing unit. Manager is awesome. Lots of support given from coworkers and management. Amazing place to learn.The unit is like one big family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harris Health System. Our community is ready to answer.