Harris Hill Nursing Facility Employee Reviews

I hated working here
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYSeptember 13, 2018
Compared to the other mcguire facilities Harris Hill is terrible. The pay is low. You are ALWAYS short. They dont really offer you any benefits. The only thing that I truly liked about working at Harris Hill was my co-workers.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
bad pay, short staff
September 26, 2018

Thank you for your feedback; it has been shared with our management team. We work to create a company-wide culture of quality for those who live and work in our facilities. We're sorry to hear you didn't feel your experience met our five-star standards.

Very friendly people,
Laundry/ housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJuly 24, 2018
The employees, residents will make you wanna come to work everyday. Its the upper management that takes you for granted. Its hard to do your job when the administration dont wanna fix or buy new equipment.
Pros
Meet new residents everyday, love seing them smile
Cons
Not enough pay
July 27, 2018

Thank you for your feedback; it has been shared with our team.

Very good management
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYApril 2, 2018
It was a very saddening yet rewarding place to work. While you were assisting residents with their everyday lives and they were very grateful for that help and you felt whole for helping them, there was the downside of watching your favorite residents fall ill etc. You created a strong bond with these people, and its heartbreaking to see any type of decline in their health due to disease etc.
July 20, 2018

Thank you for your kind comments. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your job and the relationships you built with the residents.

Part Time
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJanuary 25, 2018
I worked part time and I generally liked this employer as a college student. There was room for advancement if you wanted to remain in the facility or the company.
February 9, 2018

Thank you for sharing your comments. We always welcome students to apply for employment or internship opportunities.

Harris hill has great residents but the mangerment is horrible they dont know how to talk to workers .
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 15, 2017
Harris hill is a nice job to get you by. The pay is low and the work load is a lot. There is no union so management treats you like an another number. They don't have the communicate skills , they say and do that ever that to you. Work there for 3 years and I would never recommend and one to work there.
November 21, 2017

On behalf of Harris Hill Nursing Facility, your comments have been shared with our Administrator, Director of Nursing and Human Resource Director. Our team works hard to provide a productive, balanced, family-oriented working environment. We would welcome the opportunity to speak to you in greater detail. Since your phone number is not listed on this post, we invite you to contact our Director of Nursing, Stacy Bastian at (716) 632-3700. We look forward to hearing from you.

I loved the job. Wish I was still there.
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 18, 2017
I worked night shift. The staff was like family. We supported each other personally and professionally. We had a supervisor work the desk the LPN staff worked the floor. The productivity was great.
November 21, 2017

Thank you for sharing your positive comments about Harris Hill Nursing Facility.

Nursing Home
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 10, 2017
Great place to work. The pay is not the best but the facility is clean and well kept and the residents are the best! I love this place and would recommend it to my felloe CNAs
November 21, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and for recommending Harris Hill Nursing Facility as a great place to work.

It was a fun place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 29, 2017
Love being there miss the people that i work with. The pay was good and you get paid every week. The food they cook was good and you can bye it for $3
November 21, 2017

On behalf of Harris Hill Nursing Facility, thank you for sharing your feedback regarding the benefits of being an employee!

Nice place to work just not night shift
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYMay 24, 2017
It Has been a while since working there when i did it was an ok place.. Good food and lots of things for residents to do for activities, they even had a dog for the home..
Pros
Meal tickets and shuttle
November 21, 2017

On behalf of Harris Hill Nursing Facility, we appreciate that you took the time to share your positive comments.

good place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NY 14221January 12, 2017
Harris Hill provided me the opportunity to learn and grow as a new LPN. I am passionate about health care and providing the best possible care to the patient that I can. I was given the opportunity to be in a managerial position which also brought great growing opportunities.
November 21, 2017

On behalf of Harris Hill Nursing Facility, thank you for sharing your feedback. We love it when others are as passionate about health care as we are, and we thank you for all that you do as a member of our team.

Its what you make of it
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYSeptember 22, 2016
Like anything else, it's what you make of it. If you come to work with a positive attitude things will go well. I had some people who I worked with who came just for a pay check and you can't do that in nursing homes. You have to want to do the work.

I like with I do and I think is shows. I enjoy the residents and most of their families. The people who come for a pay check either understand it's not for them and leave or are asked to leave. Most of my co-workers get it and work hard for the people we care for.

Management does a nice job in making sure we have what we need and help.

Overall: great people, great place to work.
Pros
great people to work with. opportunities to go back to school.
Cons
Snow

Very Professional Place to Work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYSeptember 20, 2016
I joined HH right out of high school for what I thought was a brief stay. I never left! They gave me an opportunity to learn more and do more. I like that my hard work is recognized and my time and attendance is rewarded through a time and attendance bonus and the pay for performance system.
Pros
pay for performance, growth opportunities, holding people accountable for their actions
Cons
people who gripe when they are held accountable for what they do or don't do
November 21, 2017

On behalf of Harris Hill Nursing Facility, we appreciate that you took the time to share your positive feedback and give a first-hand account of what it's like to be part of our team. Your professionalism is evident in your response.

People Care
Human Resources Consultant (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYSeptember 20, 2016
Management and staff truly have the best interests of their residents at heart. They strive to be fair with employees and provide an environment that serves both the residents and the employees.,
November 21, 2017

On behalf of Harris Hill Nursing Facility, we appreciate that you took the time to share your positive feedback and give a first-hand account of what it was like to be a part of our team.

For those who want to work and grow
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYSeptember 20, 2016
HH is a place where if an employee shows commitment and integrity there is much room for growth. While healthcare in general has its challenges HH manages to keep up with the ever changing environment and attempts to show its employees they care. In a time where work ethic can sometimes come into question by individuals, HH provides flexibility in accommodating schools schedules and understands family obligation to a reasonable degree. For those who are serious about working and who want to care for and have a positive drive to provide quality of care for the elderly as well as take part in constant learning and growth HH is great place to work.
Pros
Flexibity/co worker relations
Cons
insurance benefits
November 21, 2017

On behalf of Harris Hill Nursing Facility, we appreciate your honest feedback and appreciate the difference you have made in our residents' lives.

Excellent Facility
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Willamsville, NYSeptember 8, 2016
This is a great place to work. They have a strong drive to do the right thing and are committed to the residents and staff. Excellent opportunities for growth, they pay for people to go back to school.
Pros
flexible scheduling, family atmosphere, employees are treated as individuals
November 21, 2017

On behalf of Harris Hill Nursing Facility, we appreciate your 5-star review and the time you took to share a first-hand account of what it's like to be part of our team.

Waste of time
N/A (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYAugust 28, 2016
Management is terrible and there is a lack of leadership in most departments. People can continuously get away with being lazy, missing shifts, being tardy, and being reported with little to no consequence.

The pay is awful in ALL departments unless you are in admissions or Nursing supervisor. I have been screwed 2 times with raises due to minimum wage increasing and their patheic annual 30 cent raises.

The weekend staff literally do nothing.

Extremely under staffed and aids are underpaid themselves and refuse to move around. At least good pay would make them actually want to work.

If they consider this place a 5 star facility then I am scared to see places that are lower.
Pros
Pto, hours work around school
Cons
Over worked, poor management, underpaid, terrible raises
September 22, 2016

We are sorry that your experience at HH was not what we both would have wanted.

If you have specific concerns that you would be willing to share with our Human Resource Department we would appreciate your feedback! The good want to get better and we value everyones input!

Sincerely,

Harris Hill Human Resource Department
716-632-3700 x271

Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 24, 2016
A typical day at work was decent, I learned how to maintain my patience, the management was supportive my co workers were just enough to deal with. The hardest part of my job was staying awake when it was down time while residents were asleep. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking with the residents and getting to know them on more of a personal level.
Pros
Decent
Cons
Decent
November 21, 2017

On behalf of Harris Hill Nursing Facility, we appreciate that you took the time to share your positive feedback.

Just another day on the job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYMarch 10, 2015
Going to work with a smile everyday knowing that I was going to help somebody who couldnt help they self made me happy inside, to really care for another human being just as much as my self, management was great and everyone worked as a team, the co workers was great everyone has their ups and down but everyone was their for one reason and it was the residents, the hardest part of my job was seeing a resident in pain and there was nothing I could do, the most enjoyable part of my day was knowing that I good deed for the day making the resident or family member happy.
November 21, 2017

On behalf of Harris Hill Nursing Facility, we appreciate that you took the time to share your positive feedback and give a first-hand account of what it's like to be part of our team. It's evident that you received great joy in caring for others..

Too much work
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsville NYFebruary 20, 2015
Too much work put on the CNA's. Need more staff on each floor. Staff are working hard and short each day. Not enough time is being spent to actually know who your providing care to.
Pleasant
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJune 24, 2014
Rough but full of smiles and laughter with residents but never enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harris Hill Nursing Facility. Our community is ready to answer.

Harris Hill Nursing Facility Reviews by Location