Harris IT Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Gov Contract Work - As Expected
Systems Administrator/Engineer (Former Employee) –  MissouriMay 17, 2018
Job Work/Life Balance:
Usually it's normal office hours, but sometimes crazy things happen.

Compensation/Benefits:
Average for the industry.

Job Security/Advancement:
It's as secure as the contract is.

Management:
Had the project manager almost get convicted for charging hours they weren't showing up for. Then, rather than continue to ghost, they came in and made contract negotiations that couldn't be kept. Project died shortly afterwards.

Job Culture:
Many great people to work with.
Bought out by Peraton
Configuration Management Manager - Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAApril 10, 2018
Bought out by Peraton. When the company did exist they had amazing benefits and management. Excellent customer relationships and ability to win work.
Pros
Unlimited Leave
Cons
Bought out by Peraton
Harris IT Services turned into Peraton
CM Manager (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAApril 10, 2018
Harris IT Services was a great company. They had excellent upper management and were bought out by Peraton, Once Peraton bought Harris IT Services upper management changed and proposals submitted did not win work.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
winning of new contracts
Intense at times but teamwork helped to get the job done.
Senior Project Manager / Program Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 6, 2018
Responsible for coordinating with Internal Harris PMO Management Team, Hewlett-Packard Prime Contractor Project Managers, and approximately 60 different Base Operations Teams across the US to assure timely project execution.
Was let go when contract transferred to Array
Information Systems Security Officer Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILMarch 12, 2018
When Harris IT Services (now Peraton) had to Team with Array to bid on contract, and won, I was asked to leave and take a position with Array as the Team Lead for Array and to be the Sr, Security Engineer for the tasks. Main reason my managers asked me to do this was because "I would be easy to deal with since they knew me." Since then, they've rolled three different people through as task lead, with each of them trying to drive the contract in three different directions.
Pros
flexible on moving non-primary holiday vacation time around for use.
Cons
education benefits program is always changing.
Unique company
Service Desk Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAFebruary 10, 2018
The job was quite challenging, but the immediate manager was very good. Based on the job, it's challenging to rate the company. There are probably other sectors of the company which are great to work for.
Good company, but could have done without the contract loss.
Senior Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 30, 2018
Good salary increase and new title when hired. Good manager and liked working with our small support group. Learned a lot of my networking skills with this company.
Pros
New salary, new skills.
Cons
Contract loss
Company vehicle and flexible hours.
Federal Aviation Administration - Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJanuary 24, 2018
Remote field tech. responsible for a 260 mile radius from panama city fl. All major airports, as well as military. Maintain , repair replace equipment responsible for voice, data ,radar.

Learned independent management skills.
Work place culture is quick pace.
Hardest part would be random hours.
Must enjoyable part would be knowing my work help provide safety to our military as well as civilian flyers.
Family culture
IT Support Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 5, 2017
Employees are empowered to perform duties and to help refine SOPs
Flexibility, versatility, and customer-centric focus are key skills for employees.
Management's Focus on certifications and advancing knowledge of field for employees
Excellent work environment
Senior Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLDecember 5, 2017
Harris IT Services lets you make decisions and stands behind you. Allowed me to work from my home office and self dispatch. Travel was a pleasure with Harris, they allowed you to stay in first class accommodations.
Pros
Stands with you, allows one to make decisions.
Cons
Lower management lacks training.
Poorly Managed
Storage Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 30, 2017
The people you work with on your team will be great. Just the other teams and managers that are in CYA mode and always pointing fingers instead of providing solutions. I found the work fruitful, however, the managers there were horrible. No loyalty and only looking after the company's interest, not the client's. The vision was only focussed on the bottom line. Just a horrible experience for me.
Pros
Team members
Hostile work environment
Property/Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VANovember 16, 2017
Working for Harris IT Services was the worst job I have ever had. Poor management and hostile work environment. They might as well not have an HR department as they are useless.
Cons
Great place to work but think the division was sold
Resource Management Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNSeptember 14, 2017
Harris ITS was a great place to work! The culture was great, I worked with great people and had great management who used my skills to their best advantage. They were very ethical and honest and I enjoyed every day I worked there! I was sad to say good bye but they had layoffs and I believe the division was sold a few years later.
If u want to be underpaid and overworked this is for you
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 3, 2017
Underpaid to do all sorts of non supply related work but yet union here has no guts to help in any situations... Nothing like being treated like a 5 year old even though I don't complain about daily tasks assigned to me like other warehouse workers do..If you are interested in this work life feel free to apply
Pros
None I can think of
Cons
No union representation, mangement
Awesome
Information Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJuly 25, 2017
After military service, this company helped me and entrusted my skills were in use as/where needed. I was "an equal" in the eyes of many even though there were many people whom had much more time with the company.
Great People
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 17, 2017
Temporary contract administrative assistant position for database management, inventory of sensitive items, proofreading of documents, filing, and other general administrative assistant duties
Very disorganized management
Multimedia/web developer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 19, 2017
Harris is a government contractor, as such the money for salaries comes from winning/keeping contracts. My time at Harris, I discovered that management mishandled the division of money between the groups, leading to layoffs and relocations into positions that weren't necessarily what employees were hired to do.
Pros
Having the opportunity to support the military
Cons
constantly feeling scrutinized
Better than most.
SatCom Technician Level C (Former Employee) –  Delta Junction, AKMay 9, 2017
Great employer, with better than average benefits. Staffing was minimal at times, but with government contracts going to the lowest bidder, that is too often the nature of the beast. Harris does an amazing job within the constraints of government budgeting.
Typical IT business place
Business Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 11, 2017
Typical IT business place. Day to day operations included working out of a ticket queue and communicating with engineers on site. Management and upper level employees only drawback.
Pros
paid time for lunch
Cons
managment
Great work environment
Information Security Specialist & Splunk Architect (Current Employee) –  Scott Air Force Base, ILMarch 3, 2017
Great Co-Workers that make the job worth it. Great opportunity to start working in Cyber Security and gave me a chance to develop my Splunk skills. The work hours are great and very easy for a family man.