HARRIS RANCH BEEF COMPANY
57Below average

HARRIS RANCH BEEF COMPANY Employee Reviews

United States96 reviews
Harris ranch is a good company to work for because they offer alot of overtime with the position I had. It was also a good job for myself because my location.
Fast paced but good job, there’s always room and opportunities for advancement m, with good motivation which you will get. Most supervisor are very helpful and willing to teach you to advance.
They don’t really pay attention to you, it’s more like you’re an asset to the company, they complain about every small thing like they don’t mess up. On a two person station by myself, the supervisor can’t do it himself, he had to ask for help.
Upon job offer other offers were made benefit wise including a 2 week vacation after completing 1 year with the company a raise after passing 90day probation and raise every 6 months to a year. When it came down to signing the paperwork the 2 week vacation after a ear of employment was changed to a 1 week. False promises upon job offer. Worked long hours to maintain the health and well being of all the staff only to be told I couldn't he considered for a raise that was promised to me after 90 days and also at the 6 months when there was a company wide raise.
Pros
Cons
Pay is not competitive and management cares only for themselves
Working here wasn’t something I enjoyed. Although I did do it for 4 years unfortunately. Well anyway, if you need a job and are willing to work around putrid smells be my guest.
The work sucks you just have to go in with a positive attitude and be glad you have a job. The pay should be more for the work you do there. Too much drama there as well
Pros
It paid my bills
Cons
Over worked not enough pay
work too much and managers ask too much for such a low pay. plus its always cold so if you do not like been cold this is not the best job for you. good overtime
I did not like working here at all to much work and it's very cold and uncomfrotble the people who work there are a little older then most young guys so it's like starting high school all over again.
Pros
Cons
Every thing
Harris Ranch Beef Company is a good company to work for if you don't mind working 6 days straight for months at a time it is steady work and there is opertunity to move up
cleaning and managing the machines to be inspected before the head leaders arrive was hectic especially when we had to keep cleaning a machine that we cleaned more then once.
I learned a bit about the industrial maintenance norms and expectations. Senior mechanics are forthcoming and helpful. middle management is engaged but allows for very high level of trust in each individuals level of competency and integrity
I really enjoyed working for Harris ranch. I learned so much and wE able to grow with the company. The people that worked for Harris ranch was so nice and friendly and every one work as a team.
February 19 I started at Harris ranch and I learned how to cut meat take out the nails of the cows legs and hang up a lot of stuff that came out of the cow the hardest part in there was going up To different departments while your still a new employee
The work could of been easy enough to stay , But the supervisors don't care no help with jobs and co workers take 20 min breaks 45 min lunch . No appreciation. Never have all the equipment needed for the job. Not enough time off . The point system is outrageous.
Leads not so friendly.
Trained myself practically

Fire you for going to Dr appts.

My Health comes first

Friend was pregnant and had appts to go to. They did whatever to get her fired
Management has changed a lot since new ownership. The culture has changed and way they approach business is different. Purchased by Valley Meat Company in Spring of 2019 and some of the long time managers changed--changing culture.
Worst place you could work at, the line speed isnt regulated. Never enough employees, all while being underpaid! Not to mention the terrible management. Since the line speed is so fast employees dont last either, they quit, or are injured! Your hands will never be the same!
Its ok to work at harris ranch. Its fresh not hot. You get to work at night. You get discounts on their meat. I learned to scale meat. I learned to transfer meat.
Pros
Its cold
Cons
Everything is fast pace. Lots of good team work, always the same hours. Work on the weekends only day off was saterday. This company is union owned. Pros Paid holiday. Cons
Short lunches.
Good benifits Lots of hours depending on the department. Some supervisors willing to work with ur schedule. Like start times or end time do u won't get pointed.
Long hours. Fair pay for a bit. Room for limited advancement but quickly hit the top then realize there’s nowhere else to go. Yearly raises that keep you working there but not enough to keep you happy.
Pros
Free lunch about once a quarter.
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at HARRIS RANCH BEEF COMPANY. Our community is ready to answer.