Harris Rebar Employee Reviews

Harris Rebar Review
Operations Manager / Shop Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NCMay 18, 2018
I've spend my entire adult career with this company and they are great for opportunity for advancements, compensation/benefits packages, and overall work life.
Great Management
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CADecember 12, 2018
The company has a great fun atmosphere to work for. The management team are always there to listen to you and not mention give you positive advice on a well done job. Very good perks
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
No cons
Rebar Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 18, 2018
Decent company. No advancement opportunity but good pay compensation. Extreme weather conditions made it difficult at times. little to no organization and "optional overtime" turns into mandatory overtime You're told about the overtime about 2 hours or less before the end of your shift so planning anything is nearly impossible.
Great bunch of employees.
Rebar CAD detailer (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 6, 2019
Great bunch of employees.
Some are better than others.
Management has difficultly changing.
Sometimes, they focus on the past, rather than moving forward.
construction Ironworker
Journeyman Ironworker | welding (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 14, 2019
Usually at 6am. Team up with a group that your assigned to and begin grabbing all tools need for the job at hand. Tool belts on and hard work ethic on. Start packing iron to needed destination. Work culture high tension , fast pace. Hardest thing is the heat. best thing is the relationships with your co workers.
overall a good place to work
Engineering Assistant /Coordinator, Barker Steel (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 26, 2018
productive work place can be stressful at times but overall not a bad place to work. Management at the time was not the best but was ok. I was there for a long time and enjoyed my co workers and environment.
This is a horrible place to work
Rodbuster (Former Employee) –  AlabamaOctober 3, 2018
I would never recommend this company to no one. They don't care about your life are you as a person. Your hours are always messed up. You can never sign out at the end of the day. So you don't know how many hours you were wrote in for. People always have problems with they payroll EVERY WEEK. And you will wait 3 to 4 weeks to get your money. AND PLEASE DONT GET HURT. They will replace you. And dont go over your bosses head about your hours because he will FIRE YOU. They don't like you calling payroll. Also weather conditions don't mean nothing to them, you will walk on muddy rebar and you will work in thunderstorms and heavy rain. IF YOU DON'T YOU WILL BE FIRED. DO NOT WORK FOR THESE IF YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE AND WANT TO GET PAID FOR WHAT YOU WORK FOR.
Pros
Cons
No break until 12 and thats all
Loved it
Forlift Operator (Former Employee) –  Zellwood, FLSeptember 24, 2018
I loved the work environment. They send you to classes to become OSHA certified. The co-workers were fun to work with. The benefits and money was definitely there. Highly recommended
I would never work for them again
Crane Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILOctober 2, 2018
My experience working there was not good the management unprofessional if they ever change their management I would definitely go back to work there too many people trying to be upper management
Great palce to work
Shipping Manager, Production Schedular (Current Employee) –  Coeymans, NYSeptember 22, 2018
Lots of benefits: match 401K, bonuses, overtime April to October, outings, picnic, flexible, no background check. Given sick time, vacation time, personnel time in first 90 days. Reasonable rates on health benefits.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Low pay
Overall a good place for long tern employment
Rebar Detailer and Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 8, 2018
Quota requirements
Long hours sitting
Hard to stay interesting
The work culture was great but feuding within management.
Training was not so good until being there for quite some time.
enjoyed the people
rebar detailer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 1, 2018
I enjoyed the people that I worked with. I enjoyed the work that I did and most days I didn't feel pressure. I felt like I should have been paid more for the cost of living in the area that I lived and worked.
Pros
good benefits and good people to work with
Cons
pay could have been better
Fast paced job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Zellwood, FLJuly 16, 2018
The overall working experience was great. The second shift I worked on really had no management so it was almost chaos every night. Could have been a better job with better second shift leadership.
Pros
Free uniforms and safety equipment
Cons
very low machine and equipment maintenance.
Great place to gain experience to find your next job.
Detailer (Current Employee) –  Auburn, INJanuary 22, 2018
The biggest problem with this company is management, period! Benefits have dropped considerably in last few years while premiums go up. They have closed 2 shops in the last 3 months with no warning to employees, meanwhile preaching that they are employee driven and we all make a difference.....to their bottom line! Don't waste your time if your looking for a career.
It was a great job
Clerk (Former Employee) –  4700 Singleton Blvd, Dallas, TX 75212January 8, 2019
It was a great temporary job, it was a bit more fast paced then the Dental Office but it was a great work experience and the people i was working with madde it all the better.
Don't die at work. They may not notice for weeks.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAJune 29, 2018
Didn't want any problems from employees. Anything presented to them that was a difficulty, you are gone, Had to learn on the fly and if you weren't fast enough, you would be chastised for it. Had to do your job and help others do theirs without any compensation.
Very team Oriented. Awesome work place
Lead/Operator (Former Employee) –  Comstock Park, MIJanuary 2, 2018
High paced job. Management was very team oriented. Enjoyed working there. Advancement opportunities. Safety was first and foremost. Culture and environment was very employee first.
Pros
Safety and environment
Construction Kills
JHSC Member (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 9, 2018
There is a reason why the unions pay people so much for the work that people do. This type of construction is stressful and the types of people you will be working with are ex-cons and very hard to deal with people.
Pros
good pay
Cons
stressful environment
Productive workplace with understanding management
Detailer/Drafter/Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAMay 9, 2018
I would recommend this place to any entry level drafter or estimator. Management is understanding and flexible. Employees are friendly and accommodating; willing to help with any questions.
horrible
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Catawba, SCAugust 30, 2018
This is a hard job. They don't pay enough money and you never have time to do anything with your family. The metal dust kept me with a horrible nasty cough.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harris Rebar. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight