Harris Rebar Employee Reviews

This is a horrible place to work
Rodbuster (Former Employee) –  AlabamaOctober 3, 2018
I would never recommend this company to no one. They don't care about your life are you as a person. Your hours are always messed up. You can never sign out at the end of the day. So you don't know how many hours you were wrote in for. People always have problems with they payroll EVERY WEEK. And you will wait 3 to 4 weeks to get your money. AND PLEASE DONT GET HURT. They will replace you. And dont go over your bosses head about your hours because he will FIRE YOU. They don't like you calling payroll. Also weather conditions don't mean nothing to them, you will walk on muddy rebar and you will work in thunderstorms and heavy rain. IF YOU DON'T YOU WILL BE FIRED. DO NOT WORK FOR THESE IF YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE AND WANT TO GET PAID FOR WHAT YOU WORK FOR.
Pros
Cons
No break until 12 and thats all
I would never work for them again
Crane Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILOctober 2, 2018
My experience working there was not good the management unprofessional if they ever change their management I would definitely go back to work there too many people trying to be upper management
Loved it
Forlift Operator (Former Employee) –  Zellwood, FLSeptember 24, 2018
I loved the work environment. They send you to classes to become OSHA certified. The co-workers were fun to work with. The benefits and money was definitely there. Highly recommended
Great palce to work
Shipping Manager, Production Schedular (Current Employee) –  Coeymans, NYSeptember 22, 2018
Lots of benefits: match 401K, bonuses, overtime April to October, outings, picnic, flexible, no background check. Given sick time, vacation time, personnel time in first 90 days. Reasonable rates on health benefits.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Low pay
horrible
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Catawba, SCAugust 30, 2018
This is a hard job. They don't pay enough money and you never have time to do anything with your family. The metal dust kept me with a horrible nasty cough.
enjoyed the people
rebar detailer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 1, 2018
I enjoyed the people that I worked with. I enjoyed the work that I did and most days I didn't feel pressure. I felt like I should have been paid more for the cost of living in the area that I lived and worked.
Pros
good benefits and good people to work with
Cons
pay could have been better
Rebar Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 18, 2018
Decent company. No advancement opportunity but good pay compensation. Extreme weather conditions made it difficult at times. little to no organization and "optional overtime" turns into mandatory overtime You're told about the overtime about 2 hours or less before the end of your shift so planning anything is nearly impossible.
Fast paced job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Zellwood, FLJuly 16, 2018
The overall working experience was great. The second shift I worked on really had no management so it was almost chaos every night. Could have been a better job with better second shift leadership.
Pros
Free uniforms and safety equipment
Cons
very low machine and equipment maintenance.
Don't die at work. They may not notice for weeks.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAJune 29, 2018
Didn't want any problems from employees. Anything presented to them that was a difficulty, you are gone, Had to learn on the fly and if you weren't fast enough, you would be chastised for it. Had to do your job and help others do theirs without any compensation.
Decent company in the construction field
Ironworker Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 25, 2018
The work has taken a toll on my body and I’m looking for a change of pace. Work hours very greatly from week to week. Looking for something more stable throughout the year.
Pros
Great healthcare
Cons
High pressure
Unpredictable Work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 1, 2018
I was hired as a second shift maintenance mechanic. I wasn't told that when the production team decided they were ready to leave for the evening, that I had to leave too. The second shift production team rarely stayed until their shifts ended. Needless to say, I was never making any money because I always had to leave when the production team was ready to leave.
Harris Rebar Review
Operations Manager / Shop Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NCMay 18, 2018
I've spend my entire adult career with this company and they are great for opportunity for advancements, compensation/benefits packages, and overall work life.
Eh, it’s a job
Daytime production foreman (Current Employee) –  Newton, IAMay 14, 2018
It’s ok I’ve worked there for awhile, it’s hot in the summer and cold in the winters. You can listen to a radio, 3 breaks a day the pay isn’t bad I would like more. Hard physical work.
Productive workplace with understanding management
Detailer/Drafter/Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAMay 9, 2018
I would recommend this place to any entry level drafter or estimator. Management is understanding and flexible. Employees are friendly and accommodating; willing to help with any questions.
why i don"t approve of Harris Rebar
Fabricator 1 (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXApril 25, 2018
the work started of good was working 6-4:30 then it went to 5 then to not knowing what time you getting off, there's lots of stress and no commuication with leads and operators.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not knowing when you will get off.
I liked it there
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAApril 22, 2018
I enjoyed working there at the Branch Level, but did not enjoy dealing with the Corporate people and rules and guidelines that did not pertain to my location.
Not a good place to work.
Detailer / Estimator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 8, 2018
Very stressful environment, management and co-workers will throw you under the bus without hesitation.
Deadlines are not realistic.
Management only dwells on mistakes (even if you have not made a mistake) no compliments are ever handed out.
Every day there is a throw people under the bus session. If you don't speak up someone will volunteer you to tell a mistake you have made (even if you have not made the mistake).
To be fair you will learn a ton about rebar.
Pros
Cons
Not a good place to work.
Great company with great benefits
Sr. Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAMarch 20, 2018
This is the best company I've ever worked for. A family oriented place with fantastic benefits. Willing to help you with work as well as familial issues.
Pros
Great benefits and good wages.
Cons
Everything is on a timeline.
It was an OK place to work
Manual Laborer (Former Employee) –  Benson, NCFebruary 16, 2018
The workers there were like a big family. The management was ok and they always treated me nicely. The work load and clients were not always the best.
Overall a good place for long tern employment
Rebar Detailer and Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 8, 2018
Quota requirements
Long hours sitting
Hard to stay interesting
The work culture was great but feuding within management.
Training was not so good until being there for quite some time.