Harris Rebar Employee Reviews

Rebar Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 18, 2018
Decent company. No advancement opportunity but good pay compensation. Extreme weather conditions made it difficult at times. little to no organization and "optional overtime" turns into mandatory overtime You're told about the overtime about 2 hours or less before the end of your shift so planning anything is nearly impossible.
Fast paced job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Zellwood, FLJuly 16, 2018
The overall working experience was great. The second shift I worked on really had no management so it was almost chaos every night. Could have been a better job with better second shift leadership.
Pros
Free uniforms and safety equipment
Cons
very low machine and equipment maintenance.
Don't die at work. They may not notice for weeks.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAJune 29, 2018
Didn't want any problems from employees. Anything presented to them that was a difficulty, you are gone, Had to learn on the fly and if you weren't fast enough, you would be chastised for it. Had to do your job and help others do theirs without any compensation.
Decent company in the construction field
Ironworker Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 25, 2018
The work has taken a toll on my body and I’m looking for a change of pace. Work hours very greatly from week to week. Looking for something more stable throughout the year.
Pros
Great healthcare
Cons
High pressure
Unpredictable Work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 1, 2018
I was hired as a second shift maintenance mechanic. I wasn't told that when the production team decided they were ready to leave for the evening, that I had to leave too. The second shift production team rarely stayed until their shifts ended. Needless to say, I was never making any money because I always had to leave when the production team was ready to leave.
Harris Rebar Review
Operations Manager / Shop Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NCMay 18, 2018
I've spend my entire adult career with this company and they are great for opportunity for advancements, compensation/benefits packages, and overall work life.
Eh, it’s a job
Daytime production foreman (Current Employee) –  Newton, IAMay 14, 2018
It’s ok I’ve worked there for awhile, it’s hot in the summer and cold in the winters. You can listen to a radio, 3 breaks a day the pay isn’t bad I would like more. Hard physical work.
Productive workplace with understanding management
Detailer/Drafter/Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAMay 9, 2018
I would recommend this place to any entry level drafter or estimator. Management is understanding and flexible. Employees are friendly and accommodating; willing to help with any questions.
why i don"t approve of Harris Rebar
Fabricator 1 (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXApril 25, 2018
the work started of good was working 6-4:30 then it went to 5 then to not knowing what time you getting off, there's lots of stress and no commuication with leads and operators.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not knowing when you will get off.
I liked it there
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAApril 22, 2018
I enjoyed working there at the Branch Level, but did not enjoy dealing with the Corporate people and rules and guidelines that did not pertain to my location.

Want to know more about Harris Rebar?

Ask a question
Not a good place to work.
Detailer / Estimator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 8, 2018
Very stressful environment, management and co-workers will throw you under the bus without hesitation.
Deadlines are not realistic.
Management only dwells on mistakes (even if you have not made a mistake) no compliments are ever handed out.
Every day there is a throw people under the bus session. If you don't speak up someone will volunteer you to tell a mistake you have made (even if you have not made the mistake).
To be fair you will learn a ton about rebar.
Pros
Cons
Not a good place to work.
Great company with great benefits
Sr. Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAMarch 20, 2018
This is the best company I've ever worked for. A family oriented place with fantastic benefits. Willing to help you with work as well as familial issues.
Pros
Great benefits and good wages.
Cons
Everything is on a timeline.
It was an OK place to work
Manual Laborer (Former Employee) –  Benson, NCFebruary 16, 2018
The workers there were like a big family. The management was ok and they always treated me nicely. The work load and clients were not always the best.
Overall a good place for long tern employment
Rebar Detailer and Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 8, 2018
Quota requirements
Long hours sitting
Hard to stay interesting
The work culture was great but feuding within management.
Training was not so good until being there for quite some time.
poorly managed branch and region
Ambassador Steel (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJanuary 22, 2018
branch lost money past 5 years due to poor branch management and lack of accountability
Profits eroded due to no oversight by the regional manager along with poor performance by the engineering department
Great place to gain experience to find your next job.
Detailer (Current Employee) –  Auburn, INJanuary 22, 2018
The biggest problem with this company is management, period! Benefits have dropped considerably in last few years while premiums go up. They have closed 2 shops in the last 3 months with no warning to employees, meanwhile preaching that they are employee driven and we all make a difference.....to their bottom line! Don't waste your time if your looking for a career.
Very team Oriented. Awesome work place
Lead/Operator (Former Employee) –  Comstock Park, MIJanuary 2, 2018
High paced job. Management was very team oriented. Enjoyed working there. Advancement opportunities. Safety was first and foremost. Culture and environment was very employee first.
Pros
Safety and environment
Weird place to work
DETAILER (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LANovember 27, 2017
Weird place to work. Harris company benefits are good. Detailing is a n ability that not everyone has. If you dont have the ability it cannot be taught. High push for production. Working in the office was like working in an jail cell. White walls, windows but with bars (very cozy) and conversating with coworkers is accepted but not highly promoted. Again, more emphasis on production. With that being said, the managers were nice and fairly helpful, when they were around. Working next to a fabrication shop was very distracting with all the noise making it hard to concentrate My experience here was ok.
Pros
Job culture is getting better here, good benefits, stable industry
Cons
poor work environment, general lack of impact to the company, apathy with company due in part to lack of vision at the local level
overall
Crane Operator (Current Employee) –  Coeymans, NYNovember 20, 2017
My overnight manager is great but we have to pick up the wrong doings of the other shifts is very stressful. Also, they go based off seniority for overtime and the checks aren't how you'd expect it. I make $14.25 per hour but only brig home $411 a week. I used to make $12 per and brought home more. Both are fulltime jobs. It is a great place to work but if you're not one of the top senior guys, then any little mistake you make can be your last.
Pros
learn new skills
Cons
gossiping, stress, unfair pay
Well balanced work hours monday-friday 7am-3:30pm
Payroll Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Kapolei, HINovember 16, 2017
Typical day keeps me busy with bookkeeping production and payroll reports

I learned that payroll is hard but I was open to learning the process to the best of my capabilities and haven't left since.

Management is fair and well understanding

Our workplace culture is like a family oriented environment

The hardest part of my job was learning payroll

The most enjoyable part of my job is that our staff is very encouraging and supportive no matter if its a personal or work goal.