HARRIS SCHOOL OF BUSINESS Employee Reviews

One of the worst jobs.
Admission Representative (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJApril 18, 2018
This was a highly competitive position. Leadership showed very little interest in their people they were more so concerned about numbers. After having this job I made a conscious effort to stay away from these types of roles.
Productive and fun working
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJFebruary 28, 2018
Lets you experience different filling and techiques for different learning abilities. There involves great team work with one another to know how it is to work in the field outside of school.
Great
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cherry hillFebruary 10, 2018
Great , friendly , supportive, motivated, fun, some long days, interactive, better at the end of my time there. Crazy when I first started
Fun and exciting if you have passion for seeing students become successful
Director of Education (Current Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 9, 2018
The everyday work is tough but is very satisfying. All companies have faults and issues , but this company is good. I have enjoyed my 3 years with this company and believe you get what you put out. If you come with a positive attitude and good outlook things can be amazing. If you come with negative attitude you will see nothing but negative then. Nothing is perfect in the world, and maybe this company was just not the right fit for you. Education is not easy, but it is so rewarding. I would not trade my time here for all the money in the world. I have learned a lot and have grown because of my experience here. I would say to anybody if you want to change lives then this is the place for you, if not look somewhere else.
Pros
Benefits, paid time off and opportunity to growth
Too stressed to work there
Massage Therapy Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 30, 2018
For the amount of money one is paid to teach. There isn't any career advancement, no paid time off, if you call out it's like they hold a vendetta against you. Not that my lesson plans were ever followed. I gave all I could to the company but they wanted more and more of my time away from any social life or work life I had. I was constantly working even when I wasn't on the clock. When I was hired there wasn't any solid new hire orientation. Just shadowed another instructor then handed my textbook and syllabus that was it.I wasn't told about the limited resources i could use, until a student reported me about my teaching style. I had no real backing from administration. I had asked for more hours and from time to time I got it. But was told that it couldn't be a regular thing because corporate wouldn't allow it. I tried to stay for the students. Unfortunately it began to affect my health due to the constant stress. The energy was just negative to deal with everyday. I left and administration didn't care about me staying or leaving. Leaving Harris School of Business was the best thing I ever did.
Pros
Cons
too many
This is a temporary job.
Director of Education (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJJanuary 6, 2018
This is not the kinda environment you will thrive at. People you think you can trust with ideas and thoughts use them against you. It is a petty situation and even if you try to stay away from the clicky people somehow you will be pulled into the mess. For all that you have to do, they don't pay enough.
Harris School of business
Office of the Bursar (Former Employee) –  Linwood, NJOctober 27, 2017
Harris School of Business is not an ethical Business School. They promise the student that they will gain a specific Certificate then come to find out the certificate they receive won't get them a job.
Cons
unethical
Sad to leave
Medical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTOctober 3, 2017
I miss the students dearly because even though alot of them struggle with cares of life, they were always willing to learn. I left due to the lack of communication from the program manager in the day time.
Pros
Good instructors that care for their students
Cons
Very disorganized, poor communication, poor manager
Corporate is the problem
Career Services & Financial Aid Director (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTSeptember 22, 2017
Premier education group is the corporate office and their management style is completely focused on numbers and not the students they are servicing. They do not assure the quality of education provided and they do not find it necessary to make their employees happy.
Financial Institution - not a school
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dover, DESeptember 15, 2017
The "school" is more worried about keeping students happy, not teaching them. Most of their instructors do not hold post secondary degrees, or possess an excess of field experience. They are more worried about collecting their payments, and keeping complaints low, and not making sure students can adequately perform once they exit the institution. Most students cannot even work in their field due to the schools poor reputation locally.
Pros
very casual and fun environment at times
Cons
tip toeing around personalities
harris review
Financial Aid Representative (Current Employee) –  Upper Darby, PASeptember 6, 2017
typical day at work was high paced.
i learned soft skills, federal/state finiancial aid. learned how to help families get funding and grants for educational purposes
management was great. hard worker and loved the job,
hardest part of the job was when people lose their fasfa id.
workplace culture id diversed with all different back rounds.
seeing people excited about starting school. happy with the services provided
Pros
helping others
Cons
not to many breaks
Best place ever
Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 22, 2017
i absolutely love my job and company I work for!! everyone is friendly and we are all about our students. we are a high energy staff and faculty with a lot of school spirit.
Pros
high energy, exciting, life changing.
productive place to work
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Voorhees, NJAugust 19, 2017
I actually work for Harris in Voorhees NJ for the Federal Work Study Program. I love it!! The Program Director, Director of financial aid and Program Career Services has been a pleasure to work for. I have learned so many hands on things, and gained much experience.
I have heard many negative things on and off line but I have had nothing but a positive experience working for this School. In fact, when I am eligible, I would love to work as a teacher.
Great experience, but super high turnover
Program Manager (Massage therapy program) (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJAugust 11, 2017
I loved the teaching aspect of this job, and I really enjoyed my actual day to day job. It was never without its challenges, but I learned alot.

However, there is such high turnover in upper management and instructors, that it gets chaotic quick. Good employees tend to feel taken advantage of bc they are the ones stepping up when others flake out.

It is well paid, but does not have ANY benefits. It can be really difficult to find coverage if you need to take time off, because there is usually an instructor shortage to begin with.

Managers let you have educational freedom, and the instructors that stay and want to do well are amazing people.
Pros
Well paid, awesome instructors
Cons
high turnover, ZERO benefits
Unprofessional employees
Allied Healthcare Instructor (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJ 08043August 10, 2017
Never would I recommend this school to any instructor. The students seem to be in charge in order for the corporate office to keep the financial revenue in the facility.
love the job and the hours but....
Medical Billing and Coding Instructor (Current Employee) –  Voorhees, NJJuly 25, 2017
They promise you the world but do not deliver! They lie to you about your eligibility for medical insurance, are unfair about picking up extra hours and never, ever give raises.
Pros
10 minute breaks 5 x a day
Cons
some get paid lunch, some don't
workplace review
ASSISTANT TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Upper Darby, PAJuly 3, 2017
I enjoyed teaching at this facility. I enjoyed the staff as well as the students. Teaching was excellent. I also got to learn a lot myself about the Medical Assistant profession.
Pros
free lunch, giving back to students
Rewarding career
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Linwood, NJJune 6, 2017
Working at Harris School of Business is extremely rewarding .I am please with my schedule, management and my colleagues. I would like to see health benefits offered to employees in the future
fun place to work but needs to be able to give full time hours
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  delawareMay 11, 2017
love the staff and students but population is low and need hours and a sense of job security. They do accommodate your need for family time. But they really just need more students.
It is a learning experience
Professional Medical Assistant Program Director (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 26, 2017
Working in adult education is a challenge everyday.People come in from all walks of life and make changes in order to successful in the fields they study.