Harris Teeter
Happiness rating is 57 out of 100

Harris Teeter Employee Reviews

Found 4,474 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Harris Teeter selected this as a representative review
Long standing time but flexible work hours as well as great management. trustworthy employees and friendly community within the company. many company benefits as well.
The company is great, and they are very accepting of everyone. The only problems I had working Express Lane is just the fact that they are kinda unorganized and dont really get on to people that dont do their job. Otherwise great company and good job experience.
Pros
Employee discounts, free items, great insurance.
Cons
Short breaks, short staffed, hard to get pay raise/promotions.
Terrible environment, management treats employees like animals and could care less about you. Always extremely short staffed and seems like never prepared for anything. When you would ask for help or assistance if you were lucky to get it management would make it seem like you don't know how to do anything.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Short breaks, no time off, short staffed, terrible managment.
Harris Teeter was my first job at the age of 19. I started out with Harris Teeter as a cashier and was able to work at the customer service desk after about a year with the company. I really enjoyed this job and my coworkers were the best!
Pros
Coworkers, Discount, Opportunities for Advancement
Cons
Long hours, Customers not following company policy
Production is great for a body that can do it.Very large warehouse. order of course were large amounts at times. In order to make production. No break and no Lunch.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Terrible job with even worse management. The store was ran very poorly, and cashiers took all the heat for it. They never seemed to schedule enough cashiers so the lines are constantly long and overwhelming. The pay was decent but the hours were terrible, they would schedule me 9 hours a week. Nine. The overall atmosphere in this store is just as bad, it starts with the managers & their terrible attitudes. This store seriously needs to reevaluate who they have running their business.
Was a good starter job / part time opportunity. My experience was pretty good overall. i started to work just to have money in my pocket while being in school. my manager as a frozen/dairy associate was straightforward and was kind of tough in the beginning but after getting used to my workload and what is expected of me things became pretty relaxed and not as high pressure.
Pros
flexible times, very manageable work, friendly coworkers. decent management
Cons
short breaks, work can be overwhelming depending on days, (sundays were usually very busy and had the most work because a large order would come in for me)
My managers at 231 treated me like family. There was always great communication and we always worked as a team. I could not ask for a better support and work environment
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Not enough staff for front end
It’s a decent place to work. You enjoying the job will mostly depend on your coworkers because a good manager is key to things going smoothly . Pretty straight forward job, just pick up peoples groceries
the pay is good and they are flexible with how they schedule, so if you're in school it makes it easier to plan around classes. It can get stressful when hours are cut and labor is down so you have more to do. Overall a good part-time job to have
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
short staffed
Harris Teeter is the best paying job for the job title I was applying for. The expectations are high, policy and rules are strict. The biggest issue I've dealt with is the communication/management down to employees. Your typically asked to be able to perform multiple tasks without the necessary help. Most of this is from corporate down to the store.
Pros
Pizza Parties/free dinners, competitive pay and benefits
Cons
Short breaks, sometimes no lunches, poor communication unreasonable expectations
It's fun to work at but very fast paced. Management can be a bit mean sometimes but that's fine, doing my job is pretty easy so the management likes me.
Pros
Good environment, fun coworkers
Cons
Short breaks, management is mean
Loved this job, only reason I left was for school! Great work environment with clear instructions for each position. Highly recommend working at Harris Teeter
The management was helpful and the coworkers and trainers were also helpful and personable. The pay was ok for the amount of work and labor you provided.
Pros
Nice Coworkers
Cons
Too physical
I personally didn’t like working there but for others it might be a good job. Your on your feet all day and breaks are usually short but you get paid for them!
I was promised a higher pay rate than was on my Paperwork. When I asked about it I was told it wasn't a problem and it would be adjusted. It never was. There is no training. You are thrown into a position and at the mercy of your co-workers for training. Management does not communicate with employees when they should and if they do they are usually curt and harsh. The environment is very tense (hostile) because of this. Breaks that are supposed to be given are not. I could go on. But, I don't think it's necessary. The only positive thing is the profit sharing check that is given out twice a year.
Pros
Profit sharing checks twice a year
Cons
All breaks are not given, management is ineffective
I was extremely underpaid for the amount of work I would do on any average day as a cashier, doing the combined work of 6 people while getting paid as one.
Cons
There is no balance to work and life. You are expected to only care about the company not your kids, wife or family. Management teams are all older bull headish and poorly trained when it comes to actually knowing the work/expectations of the workforce and clientele. Overall I would never suggest working there. In order to grow with the company you have to be perfect when those above you have no experience in many aspects of the store. However as an outsider with no grocery background at all they will bring you in over those in house with several years of experience in multiple areas of the company. It’s a same for someone who tries to preach customer service
Pros
Cons
Everyting
Worked there for 2 years in hs never felt like i was welcome there and they all gossip about one another and they will always give the new hires the better jobs even if youve been there longer than anyone else they all play favorites letting there pets take longer breaks and do whatever they want without backlash dont work here if you wanna move up in the world it will break your mind if you work here it is truly soul crushing
Cons
Management is good, coworkers are cool, pay is decent, overall pretty good, especially as a first job. Wish the employee discounts were better though.
Pros
Everyone is super nice
Cons
Short breaks, employee discount isn’t that good
I’ve been with Harris Teeter for 3 years in which my pay has increased about 4 dollars even after going into management. They are more concerned with corporate visits than actual conditions of the store.
Pros
Profit Sharing
  1. Employee Reviews