Harris Teeter Employee Reviews

Found 2,998 reviews matching the search See all 3,002 reviews
Not worth it
Chef (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCDecember 9, 2018
After 2 years of clawing, I finally got to $11.50 an hour from minimum wage, but it took multiple job changes and department moves. Not worth it for the amount of high stress work. I was over worked, under appreciated, and taken advantage of constantly. Although I was told I was an asset to the team consistently, I could never get any one to agree to be a reference for me; not a single manager or assistant department manager even, Waste of 2 years of my life. Lack of communication is unbelievable!
Pros
Cons
Poor communication, bad managing, low pay, high stress
Pprodutive, fun work place
Express Lane Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCDecember 9, 2018
Harris Teeter is a nice job that gives you a lot of flexibility. Full time and Part time Associates are eligible to get benefits, and we get bonuses twice a year
Just don't do it
Deli/Bakery Manager (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 9, 2018
Benefits are great. Training is lack luster at best and any management above department managers are clueless on how things actually work in the stores.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
No life poor management above department managers
Constant Work with Little Reward
Fresh Foods Clerk (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 9, 2018
After having been with the company for 2 years, I would have expected some new changes or some sort of recognition for my work I have provided with the company, however, I've only been slapped in the face with harder labor and little hours. My store does not feel the need to hire new people as the managers do not want to lose more money and since we had made it this far, they'll continue with it.
Pros
Competitive Pay, Flexible Scheduling
Cons
Every other thing imaginable
Okay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 8, 2018
Okay I would like full time hours 40 hours a week but I am only part time I want full time job with benefits and 401k and insurance I just want a full time position
Great Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VADecember 8, 2018
Harris Teeter is a great place to work. The only downfall is that you barley make and hours which means you don't make a lot of money. The work environment is also very friendly.
Pros
Discounted Grocery
Cons
Not Enough Hours
Okey place to work.
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 7, 2018
Harris Teeter is a fun place to work. The employees make it fun. I like my department manerger he was great. Did not lke my department over head. poor management skills.
Pros
30min lunch plus two 15mn
Cons
If you didnt take lunch before 4pm, you had to take it after 7pm., Two hours to break a truck truck most of the time comes about around 8pm run chicken, fill ground turkey, ground beef, clean the department pull case, check out with manerger with in an hour
Great company to work
Grocery Associate / Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCDecember 6, 2018
Harris Teeter is one of the best companies that I have ever had the privilege to work for. My only issue is that some of the people that get hired there do not put their full effort into the job and even if management sees that they will not do anything to move those people out and try to advance each department.
Pros
Great company and great atmosphere
Cons
Lunches could be longer, harder interview process
Co workers were the only thing that made the job bearable
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 6, 2018
The management was terrible. I was constantly harassed by my manager to the point of me quitting. Working as a cashier, there are no breaks as you constantly stand on your feet all day hauling customers groceries from their cart to the scanner, back to the cart and sometimes even out to their car. They were understaffed for months because new hires could not handle the pressure and management knew this. However, they still overworked the few employees who were there. Not a likeable job at all.
Competitive Job
Assistant Fresh Foods Manager (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 5, 2018
Harris Teeter promotes excellent customer service. Very competitive job market. Encourages employees to have high standards and provide quality work. They have the motto that the customer is always right and wishes each employee to provide a remarkable experience. The company provides good benefits. They encourage promotion.
Pros
Good benefits
managment sucked
Bagger/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitty Hawk, NCDecember 5, 2018
was an ok place to work. management sucked. I was a bagger/ cashier but I would stock sometimes and help out the deli with closing duties but never got a raise which wasn't right.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
managment
amazing place to work
Bagger/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCDecember 5, 2018
Harris Teeter is an amazing place to work... for a high school kid working part-time. they hire from within first which is nice. But they never promote part-time to full-time when you show that you deserve it or can handle it. There's a few things wrong with management but its still a great place.
Pros
on the clock breaks, very accepting to lgbt
Cons
fast pace, no room to grow
Really good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 3, 2018
I loved working at harris teeter, they are so flexible and i got paid more than i did anywhere else for being a cashier. its super easy but the application process did take a long time.
It's okay
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 2, 2018
be prepared to stay on your feet all day and hop on a register when it gets really busy. The store managers was amazing and willing to work but his assistants acted like you didn't exist or matter
Pros
Discount
Cons
Feet
Great Place to work
Cashier & Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Surf City, NCDecember 1, 2018
Very friendly and overall great place to work. I loved it and was there for a year and only left due to relocating. Would be a great place for a first job and a long time career.
Decent job with good co-workers
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VADecember 1, 2018
Great boss who pushed you to do your best. Store Management as excellent as well. Produce is a good position to get because it pays the most. Learn other things when needed in some other positions at the store.
Great Company with Great benefits and opportunity for advancement.
Assistant Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCNovember 30, 2018
Great company with Great benefits and opportunity for advancement. Work can be fast paced and stressful at times, but not too overbearing. Management is supportive and always willing to help. You are paid every week. Hours are flexible for part timers, but they do fluctuate depending on the season. I would definitely recommend. :)
Poor Manangement
Assistant Store Manager, (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VANovember 29, 2018
Management at this location horrible. The worst experience I have ever had with a manager.No compassion for associates.Moral was not good. Some departments not staffed properly.
Worst job I’ve ever had
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 28, 2018
Working for Harris Teeter was the worst thing I could have ever done. They don’t pay what you deserve, they make you work “on call” shifts, they don’t give breaks.
Pros
5% off HT items, I guess
Cons
Basically everything
Fast paced
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, NCNovember 28, 2018
Management could be more concerned with employees concerns but overall this is a decent company if you have the right managers. Hours are a little hard to get but benefits are offered.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, low hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harris Teeter. Our community is ready to answer.

41K

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight