Harris Employee Reviews

Worst job ever...
Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 17, 2018
If someone leaves they stick you with their job and say they will rehire but it never happens. Get hired for one job, and when I left I was wearing 4 hats, terrible place to work.
Pros
Every other Friday off (9 hour days).
Cons
Everything else
Very Nice place to work
Quality Technician I (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 13, 2018
Very well organized work atmosphere, with room to advance your career per applying for opportunities that are posted internally as well as externally. Would suggest to others with the right credentials to apply for posted positions
Pros
great place to work
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Ben Taub General HospitalJuly 9, 2018
Work at Harris is not too stressful. It is in its average pace. Everyday I learn new things because of patient's quick transition. The Registered Nurses that I shadow on the IMU work so hard and show professional attitudes and excellent skills.
It realy good job
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 26, 2018
It is a good job everybody like family...I would go back.....good money nice job..long hours love all the people ,,,,fun times good vibes...good bosss
Pros
Free lunchs
Cons
No days off
happy place
Solderer/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Malabar, FLJune 22, 2018
Good place only it was contract.Boss was fair.Friendly culture. Soldering under microscope.Hardest part was leaving.Most enjoyable part of the job was the people.Typical day was working on pc boards
Pros
Near home
Cons
was only contract
Good People!
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 21, 2018
Great company to work for, really takes care of employees. If someone was looking to get into the field of HVAC, I would highly recommend Harris. Harris is a solid career move.
Bland, boring, political
ADMIN (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 5, 2018
It is a slow-paced office job. There is no excitement or culture at Harris. Misplaced management that does not understand the jobs which they oversee. The secretary at the front desk is consistently monitoring who comes in and out, asking where you're going/where you've been and will report it to higher-ups. Rigid policies on PTO, not flexible whatsoever with working from home.
Pros
Across the street from Summit Brewing, lots of opportunities to volunteer
Cons
Poor culture, communication and PTO policies. No work from home opportunities
Nice people
Maintenance Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 4, 2017
Great team of people to work with but the service was overpriced and what we were offering was difficult to quantify without ascertaining some specific information. Tons and tons of leg work to build a proposal and our pricing was not competitive to the local market.
Pros
Genuinely nice people
Cons
Consultative sell that required intense amounts of information gathering
Good place to work!
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 8, 2017
I have been with Harris for over 10 years and expect/hope to retire from this company. They have always treated me more than fair and have been thoughtful of family and outside work life. I started in administrative type work and been working with some of the same people my whole time here. I have been treated with dignity and respect. I have been offered extra training to help grow in my position. Management and HR have always been there when needed.
Pros
Learned a ton of different things throughout career w/Harris.
Cons
Growing out of our office building
Great place to work, poor management
Controls Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MN 55102April 4, 2017
Fantastic support structure with co-workers and peers, but management has problems working with modern technology and ensuring the success if their employees.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor management
Very fast paced
Safety coordinator at Vikings Stadium (Current Employee) –  US bank StadiumAugust 4, 2016
Morning visits and audits ,good group of employees and management to work with .
With a company this large its nice to see that we still have a good group very hard working
Pros
Good Benefits, Very fast paced
Cons
Large family
Effective Workplace
Warehouse Tool Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 6, 2016
Started out my day restocking the fridge with pop, then I would look for orders to pull for customers. If there were any returns during the day, I would write down what tools came back, turn in the paper(s) that I had written on to my boss and he would work on the rest. While working on returning items, I would put the tools back in their respective locations so that we would be able to find them again when needed. If there was an order to do some maintenance around the offices, I would assist in helping get that taken care of.
Do Not work in the Administrative Department
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 19, 2015
Overall the company is a good company, their field staff is excellent and great to work with.

The administrative department is a horrible place to work. It is like working in a kindergarten playground. You are not allowed to have an opinion and management is awful.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Bad Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harris. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

67out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Harris.

Powered by Comparably