Harrison College Employee Reviews

Flexible work place
Adjunct Instructor-Psychology (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 29, 2018
I enjoy the ability to work online at my leisure and being able to do the work without a lot of supervision. I enjoy working here, it is a good job and I like being able to manage myself within the organization.
Loved My Peers
Medical Instructor, Medical Assisting (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 1, 2018
I truly love the people I work with, they are a great group of instructors. Most of the management is great and there for the right reasons. Several people have been there ten plus years.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Too many reorganizations
ugh
Financial Aid Analyst (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 31, 2018
not a fun place to work. company is struggling.

hours are decent, although schedule changes constantly and more work is placed on your shoulders time and time again. people are leaving and getting fired left and right.
Pros
paid time off, insurance
Cons
stressful invironment
Absolutely amazing!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INMarch 27, 2018
I was only temporary as I was filling in for a young lady that was on maternity leave. I loved this job in every single way. I only gave low stars to the two subjects that I knew little to nothing about, so no worries. This job showed me what it was like to work something other than retail and fast-food and helped full my desire to finish school. There was nothing that I disliked about this job and I never missed except for one day that I was extremely ill! This job was amazing, the staff is amazing, the students were amazing! Keep it up!
Pros
Great staff and faculty, events were fun, one-on-one with their students
Conculsion
Dean of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, IN 46825March 15, 2018
Long hours without compensation in addition to salary. Would recommend hourly position. The management team is very driven but very nice. The culture of the company is dynamic.
Pros
staff
Cons
salary
Great opportunity
Spanish/Business Instructor (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INMarch 14, 2018
It was a great experience with enough flexibility. The environment was ok. Classes were not too big which allowed for better teaching experience overall.
Enjoyable work environment.
Administrative Assistant to the President (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 10, 2018
Harrison College has provided me with a great workplace experience. The work place is enjoyable and the staff is friendly. Hours are reasonable. Students are great.
Harrison College Review
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 3, 2018
Great place for students to learn and grow in their lives to provide great opportunity for future work career paths. Education is number one in this facility
Wonderful job to have for work-study
Student Work-study (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 20, 2018
Loved my job, enjoyed helping people. There was always enough work to keep you busy. There were activities the school would have that gave the community a chance to interact with the students, It was fun having rewards for the students to enjoy from time to time as well as things that included family and friend.
Educational
Librarian Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 13, 2018
The typical day at work was assisting students and staff with learning center materials. I learned to how to collect fees and monitor inventory. I also, learn how to improve customer service skills. All management was helpful and knowledgeable about the learning Center and Harrison College resources. The work place was very laid back and causal business. Catering mostly to students and faculty. The hardest part of the job was not getting full-time hours, the most enjoyable part of the job was that I could work and also complete some class homework while on duty.
Harrison Review
Student Financial Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 5, 2018
I started out with Harrison in 2007. The culture was one of collaboration and transparency. It went to a culture of non transparency and non collaboration. Layoffs came and then the students were not the focus anymore.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Dean of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 3, 2018
Could be stronger. The Dean of Nursing and the academic dean need to have clear cut duties and roles for the program. It seems nursing is not included in many of the decisions that are made.
Exciting place to work
Student Support Rep (Work at Home) (Part time) (Former Employee) –  Working from home eveningsJanuary 29, 2018
Just waiting for the phone to ring, job was at home at nights.
I learned how to be patient with the students
Management friendly and always kept the team uplifted

Helping the students was the most enjoyable.
Pros
Excellent management
Cons
not enough hours
Challenging
Senior Dean (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 29, 2018
Many changes facing the College and industry at this time. Must be able to multitask and be able to adapt and adjust to a rapidly changing environment.
Teachers were friendly
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHJanuary 23, 2018
there were people within the management team that were friendly enough.
You had a lot of work to do on your own with little training. But the classes and students were great.
class hours
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 15, 2018
I feel that the class hours are longer than the time in each term. The terms are 12 weeks long and each class session is four hours long. I feel that terms should not be no more than eight weeks long with spending four hours in class.
Pros
small classes which makes it easy to work with students.
Cons
non
Poor management; bullying and threatening
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 15, 2018
Colleagues and staff were great, but the constant pressure and stress from the direct manager was purely an unbearable experience, which caused high anxiety and lack of sleep. Even after going to HR, nothing was done to prevent future occurrences. The benefits were good, but management did not understand the key role behind the position and what was involved as far as an operational standpoint.
Pros
Awesome colleagues/staff and benefits
Cons
Poor management in different departments
overall
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INJanuary 6, 2018
little communication throughout semester. Expected to go to meetings but no personal connection otherwise, I think more support in the beginning would be nice
Pros
welcoming
Cons
dont give you much guidance in setting up class, cirriculum, not much time for preparation.
Hideous Place; Micromanaged
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 2, 2018
Micromanaged. It shouldn't take over an hour just to record attendance for less than 20 students in a class. Online attendance, email, call, and text absent students, put absent students in a spreadsheet---stupid stuff.

Everything is micromanaged. They do not allow experienced employees to use their brains to do anything. Hideous Place which should be closed.
good place to work
Faculty Instructor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INNovember 6, 2017
friendly staff, team atmosphere, meaningful work, I learned how to resolve conflicts while dealing with student issues, management is very interactive
Pros
laid back
Cons
odd hours for faculty

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harrison College. Our community is ready to answer.