Harrison College Employee Reviews

Good memories
Medical Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJanuary 15, 2019
Harrison college in Terre Haute was a great place to be a student and an instructor 2008-2015. The campus is closed now, but I have mostly good memories of it. I put in way more hours than I was paid for correcting papers and going to in services, but the group of people I worked with and the day to day chances to improve myself and help the students to grow was an great experience. I learned so much about myself and was encouraged to do better and learn more.
Pros
work culture, co-workers, students
Cons
only paid for actual teaching time
Harrison College Review
Health Science Program Chair & Medical Faculty (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJanuary 9, 2019
Harrison college was a great place to work until they CLOSED their doors with no advance notice to anyone. The culture was amazing at our campus and we all worked very diligently to do what was best for our students.
Work-life balance was often a struggle because students could call or text me at any time if they had questions or concerns.
Pros
Great culture at our campus location.
Cons
President of company made decision to close all colleges.
School is shut down
Financial Aid Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 3, 2019
The school was shut down because of it was a shady school. It is obvious why the school was closed because it cared more about making money than servicing the students.
Harrison College closed in September 2018
Senior Re-Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 17, 2018
I was a loyal and dedicated employee of Harrison College for over 11 years until the college closed in September 2018. I was not expecting to be out of work for the first time in my professional life. I am motivated to return to the workforce as soon as possible.
Interesting workplace
Sr. Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 27, 2018
The environment was friendly but to conservative. I didn't get to display my skills. The management wasn't trying to incorporate new technology. They were always behind the 8 ball
Pros
Remote work
Cons
to formal of a work environment
An unethical company
Director of Career Services (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 9, 2018
Harrison College closed in September 2018 without notice to students or employees. The school had been struggling financially and should have stopped enrollment in 2017 in order to fulfill its obligation to students that were enrolled. Instead, the company continued to enroll students and then closed abruptly, resulting in students being without a degree that they invested time and money in. Employees were lied to about insurance coverage after the company closed in order to reduce possible claims coming in. Communication was completely lacking during the closure, and staff was left with the task of letting students know what was happening 2 days before the term ended. Overall, the company had terrible upper management and was unethical in their decision making prior to and during the abrupt closure.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
unethical leadership at the upper level
School in now closed
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 2, 2018
While I enjoyed working for the people in the building, the culture had changed once the former CEO retired. The school closed abruptly leaving many jobless.
Pros
Team environment, positive attitudes
Cons
upper management
.Harrison College
Campus President (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 24, 2018
Harrison College was a great place to work with a great culture. Many lives were changed at this institution of higher learning. The college closed on September 14, 2018 and it was a sad day for everyone.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Closed
Harrison College
Full Time Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 9, 2018
I completely enjoyed my time at Harrison College, both as a student and as an instructor. I was extremely disappointed in how the closing was handled and felt for the students so close to completion. I am in no position to judge as I do not know the situation of the owners or anything of the financial aspect of Harrison College, I only know of how people where hurt. It would be unfair to judge without having the complete story from both sides.
Pros
Making a difference
Cons
The closure
Lead Medical Instructor with a manager who was awesome!
Lead Medical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 5, 2018
I truly enjoyed working for Harrison College. My manager was highly organized and a great communicator. All of the management staff valued my opinion which can be rare.
A typical day included teaching students in their clinical classes for 4 hours each day. I also had prep time to get ready. I contacted students about their attendance and low percentage grades. I developed a rapport with them to help them become successful and graduate. I collaborated with my program chair to ensure success of all of the medical assisting and health care management students on our campus.
Pros
Collaboration with peers and my individual schedule
Cons
Retention driven
For more than 115 years....
Campus Director/Dean (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 21, 2018
For more than 115 years, Harrison College provided a second chance to students to complete their degree and obtain employment in their chosen career. It was a family atmosphere focused on employees, students and community partners. Unfortunately, due to declining enrollment and regulatory pressures, they closed their doors.
Terrible
Business, IT, and College Credit Program Chair (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHSeptember 18, 2018
This company terminated so many employees with no notice. They led us on until the very end. They left us with no health insurance options and abandoned their students.
Excellent Work Place
Employee (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 16, 2018
During my time with Harrison College, I was extremely pleased with the overall experience.

Harrison College provided a flexible work environment, excellent benefits, and exceptional training.
CWS (College Work Study)
College Work Study (CWS) Computer Tech Lab (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 15, 2018
I was a college work-study at Harrison College. The Professors as well the student were all very friendly and kind. The environment was remotely quiet depending on if there was a class in their or not, but even if there was they weren't disturbing anyone. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. I only left because the company was bought out. My boss was also very accommodating and showed compassion towards everyone when the situation needed it. She was very understandable to our personal issues and worked around them. I will miss her and all of my co-workers dearly.
Pros
Fun environment, enjoyable co-workers, understandable boss
Positive
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INSeptember 14, 2018
I had a wonderful experience teaching at Harrison College. I was prepared to be with this school for much longer. I am extremely sad to see their doors close.
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 11, 2018
fast paced work day
learned how to administer medications and take care of animals.
learned how to fill out medical document
Workplace was a good enviroment
hardest part of job was finding something to do
most enjoyable was playing with the animals
Adjunct Faculty
Online Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 30, 2018
The position has changed where the focus is more on faculty to retain students than to focus on the subject matter to teach. In addition to grading and tutoring, you are required to email, call students constantly that are falling behind.
Flexible work place
Adjunct Instructor-Psychology (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 29, 2018
I enjoy the ability to work online at my leisure and being able to do the work without a lot of supervision. I enjoy working here, it is a good job and I like being able to manage myself within the organization.
Loved My Peers
Medical Instructor, Medical Assisting (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 1, 2018
I truly love the people I work with, they are a great group of instructors. Most of the management is great and there for the right reasons. Several people have been there ten plus years.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Too many reorganizations
ugh
Financial Aid Analyst (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 31, 2018
not a fun place to work. company is struggling.

hours are decent, although schedule changes constantly and more work is placed on your shoulders time and time again. people are leaving and getting fired left and right.
Pros
paid time off, insurance
Cons
stressful invironment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harrison College. Our community is ready to answer.