Harry & David Employee Reviews

Great Place for Seasonal Work; Professional Work Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMay 16, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Harry & David. The Customer Service call center was well-managed, fast-paced & professional. Most of the supervisors were amazing to work with and super supportive.

A typical day involved taking around 50-100 customer calls (or it did when I worked there). Sometimes more.

In the 1989-90 Holiday season -- due to a disastrous company-wide computer system transition -- I was part of the Special Projects Group, an escalation team of the best CSRs. We were already cross trained in every function of the Call Center . . . and we were good at it. It was challenging, every day, every week, and it was an amazing experience that pushed my skills in customer problem solving to the limit. And I loved it.

All in all, a great seasonal job.
Pros
Great training & support; Challenging (in a good way); Friendly coworkers
Cons
Corporate support & disclosure could have been better
Competetive and fast paced work environment.
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMay 14, 2018
On a typical day I would answer customer calls and deal with their orders or problems they had. I learned that telephonic and computer skills. I was able to improve my overall customer service skills. This was a fast paced and competitive work place that required a lot of patience and determination. The hardest part of my job was the lack of communication from upper management that was required to do my job. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help an unhappy customer and end the call with a happy customer.
Pros
I enjoy working with cusotmers and making them happy.
Cons
I didnt have enough help from management.
Seasonal job, relaxed, but still very detail-oriented
Order Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMay 9, 2018
I didn't mind Harry and David. It was a nice job that gave me full-time work, so there's not much for me to say. I mainly went in, did my job, then left. Nothing special, just work.
Pros
Full-Time
Cons
Sitting for hours, not a promising job for longevity unless it was offered to you as a permanent position
Productive and relaxed workplace
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMay 3, 2018
Great coworkers . Positive energy throughout. I would say the overall company was really realaxed and pretty flexible with what works for their employees
very poor
Day Shift Receiving Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORApril 26, 2018
not a place to work unless you are are a manager or above, no real chance to advance or to move forward, limited chances to receive benifits due to seasonal work and retail type management in a production environment followed up with strict policies and requirements on hours for acceptance on top of that once requirements are met benifits are less than reassuring at a very high cost to employees
Sales
Outbound Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORApril 26, 2018
I was able to overcome some area's in fears of cold calling this experience has lead me to overcome stressful situations on the phone. Sales outbound is very demanding and is on the high end of 60 Percent of Sales year around.
Meet and go above exceeding quota's, Helped train new hires to become successful.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
no parking long walks
Finally added in a good supervisor
Purchaser/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORApril 18, 2018
Most employees do not take the blame to themselves if they cause an issue and point fingers. Management does not investigate why/how issue was caused. No follow up. No encouragement. No incentives to do job well.
Love Harry and David
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Queenstown, MDApril 18, 2018
Great place to work. Excellent manager and staff. They are very easy to work with and friendly. Manager works great with scheduling needs. Food is also great. Queenstown outlets Highly recommended this store to work for. Leaving because I got a full time job. If I could juggle both I would.
Pros
Cons
Not full time
would love to work here great people
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Hebron, OHApril 16, 2018
when you work here you have to make sure that you check in with HR if you need something you must make sure to clock out after lunch and before lunch and on break
Pros
great work place
Cons
needs more room and people
Cashier/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORApril 16, 2018
Harry & David although stressful, they are willing to hire thousands of people in the valley when jobs are needed. Compensation is appropriated depending on the job.
Pros
low priced food
Cons
stressful environment
Cafeteria assistant (seasonal position) (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORApril 14, 2018
Professional and very team oriented crew . Helpful , instructive. Nice environment to work at. Gets quite busy at certain hours, but all get through well. Not stressful.
Fast Paced
Monitor, E-Commerce, Sales and Customer Sevice (Former Employee) –  Hebron, OHApril 14, 2018
Product knowledge essential. Provides thorough training for employees. Must be able to communicate with customers while using computer. Overall a nice place to work.
Pros
Discounts
Easy and a fun work place to learn new things
Scanner Operator (Former Employee) –  Heborn ohioApril 8, 2018
I likes working a harry & David but it was only seasonal work. So I wasn't able to learn too much from what I've already known how to do.if im not employed again that's time this year id be gladly to work at harry & David again for seasonal work.
Productive, team atmosphere
Executive Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORApril 8, 2018
The day starts with reviewing daily updates on products and discounts.
Working for Harry & David has taught me to be patient and calm under pressure.
My direct supervisor was/is wonderful. He really works with each employee to ensure we reach our daily goals.
It was/is a fast pace environment where co-workers support and help each other to resolve customer facing issues.
Although Harry & David was/is a great employer to work for, there were times when I did not know if I would be kept on year round.
The best part of the job I performed is being able to take a disgruntled and angry customer and turn the situation around for them, there by retaining our customer and sometimes gaining the loyalty of their family members as well.
Pros
Co-workers were friends, open discussions about issues presented by customers
Cons
No health insurance coverage
Great Company to work for
Ecommerce Agent (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORApril 4, 2018
If I still lived in Oregon I would gladly go back to work for this company. The work pace is a nice steady pace throughout the day and the environment is relaxing. The management there know how to treat employees like they matter to the company. I would say that as far as a workplace goes this company is going to go far.
Fast Paced Working Environment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMarch 30, 2018
Working on the North Docks is a very fast paced work environment. Labeling packages and routing packages for shipment during a very busy time of year, the Christmas holidays. The hardest part of the job is you're on your feet all day.
Pros
Great discounts on their products
Cons
Long hours on your feet
sad to leave
Area Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMarch 27, 2018
love my job ,loved my co worker's Sorry I had to leave.I really enjoyed a great bunch of guys
there was times where we were over worked at the holidays but that was to be expected as it was busy season we all got through it and enjoyed the money in the end. The relationship between the fellow workers and I only was stronger in the end as we pulled together and respected each other as we knew we all had family we need to support and get home to.
Harry and Davids is a very High safety oriented company>As we had to drive around pedestrians all the time in close quarters. I also enjoyed that My Job included women and was a coed work force.
As I said I will Miss Harry & Davids
We also were able to enjoy a wonderful discount discount for our family at 1800 flowers and in our stores. I also had a 401k and health insurance.
Meh
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORMarch 25, 2018
Good if you need to make some extra money or need a job to carry you through to another opportunity. Otherwise, its a poor place to work. The QA team, which is there reportedly to insure the best quality experience for a customer, focuses more and grades heavily on the five required sales offers you must make during each call. Miss just one, and you do not pass your QA. A disgusting practice for a company that touts exemplary customer service. They even require a sales offer after a bad customer service call (i.e. my package never arrived, angry customer.)
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
QA team grades more on sales offers than actual quality of call
overall good, just a few peeves
Business Gift Associate (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMarch 22, 2018
Nice people to work with/for. keeps you busy, interesting. the pay is way less than you should get for the work done. having to log into 4 different systems means you need to be there at least 10 minutes before your shift & expect to shave off at least 6 minutes off any break as you can only be logged out for 15/30/1 hour.
basket making
Cashier Stocker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 12, 2018
fun to work as a teen get to sample and try sample with customers. learn cash handling they closed the closest one. not sure if they still have the one open in bells mall.
Pros
eat samples
Cons
not sure of health plans

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harry & David. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.4Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight