Harte Hanks Employee Reviews

Good place to work.
Ad Effectiveness Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brea, CADecember 15, 2018
The PennySaver was a Southern California advertising fixture for decades. It was a great place to learn real advertising design for any imaginable business type.
Pros
Steady fun work.
Cons
No longer around.
working for Harte Hanks is awesome
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 13, 2018
As an employee for Harte Hanks, I am satisfied working for FedEx. The only reason I would ever leave is due to the salary. The management team is great, the training needs to be tweeked, but on the floor experience is how you learn.
Pros
lots of fun things
Cons
salary pay
fun place to work
Customer Service / Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 10, 2018
It is a high volume call center which keeps you busy. It also is a learning place to know products by detail. If you need time off, they will give it to you.
no thanks
Call center Lead (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXDecember 7, 2018
the people there are cool

its a lot of work its a job

I think its very dumb this is required and sort of feels like a trap so i dont really want to anwser
Pros
cool people
Cons
its work
Call Center
FedEx Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXDecember 2, 2018
When I stared working at this company it was a good place to work for. Over the almost 6 years I have been their I have had 2 raises and one is because I moved to a different and the other was because the account got a raise after 2 years being on the account. Raises in pay is not good and if you get them and you never know when or if you job will end now that they lost the biggest account the had. If you a person that does want to move up by who you know verses what you know then you can do then you can move up in the company. I am not one of them so I am not happy with the company
Simple but stressful
Claim Agent (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXNovember 28, 2018
The pay is not competitive or fair for the industry. The work itself is usually simple but the instructions from management constantly change with no notice and with communication from clients coming through multiple sources things get jumbled too easily as "official" memo's are not a real thing. You never know if you actually following the correct procedure since standard procedure changes so often with such horrible notice.

The Point system is meant to keep you from getting a bonus or qualifying for advancement, they only allow two doctors notes a year and only one in a six month rolling period which is nearly criminal. Some supervisors are more strict about attendance points and not allowing for exceptions so your job security is always up in the air depending on if you or your famiy gets sick. The PTO is good but if you don't plan it in advance, like getting sick or having a dependent with medical issues, can make things very difficult.

The insurance is bad and not affordable given the low rate of pay.
Pros
simple work, not face to face with customers
Cons
stressful, get yelled at and cussed out a lot, point system, low pay
Gained a lot of experience
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXNovember 28, 2018
Learned a lot working for the company and gained a lot experience. Worked a lot with excel and circuit boards. The job started out hard but ended up working out for the best after experience, training was quick and I felt thrown into everything without all the needed knowledge to successfully complete my job accordingly.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
health care sucks
Workplace Culture
Call Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXNovember 21, 2018
There was always some activity or event going on within the company. It could be a fund raiser, some scavenger hunt or just a fun outdoor activity aimed at letting the staff to let loose.
Pros
Free Food on certain days
Cons
The companys cafe is expensive
Awful
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 14, 2018
Awful company beware stay away!!!!! They are extremely disrespecful!!! This place is the worst experience of my life!!! It is a complete waste of time dealing with this company
Pros
Cons
Noe
Customer service
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 8, 2018
I was able to advance in four departments but reached my ceiling in management roles. I worked customer service, web support, software support, and server support and was able to retain all four.
Temporary role with Permanent opportunities
Health Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 31, 2018
Learned Medicare enrollment process. Training was clear and concise on product placement and troubleshooting process pauses. A seasonal temporary role.
A reasonably relaxed environment
Support Representative for Mobile Devices (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 22, 2018
A typical day at work there would be coming in on time, clocking in, and getting logged into their system in order to confirm that I was there, ready to start. The day would pass without too much fanfare, and after helping with the phone system for that period, I would pack up and go home.
Review Summary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXOctober 16, 2018
Responsible for answer phones and helping clients with Medicare and Medicaid insurance programs Answer questions; submit clients information into database, complete application process
Pros
It was a gook job.
Cons
No cons
A struggling company it shows in the culture
Domestic Customer Service FedEx (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXOctober 13, 2018
I was terminated for poor Call quality but HH was not my first teleservice job. I worked as a Marketing Representative for West Teleservices so I immediately recognized the database and operating software used at HH because it is ironically similar. This low grade analog technology worked for West because West was 80-90% script reading so that didnt require extensive intranet systems. The local area network for that building probably did the trick. In conclusion this company won't grow until they upgrade their tools and train agents to the technology. They rely solely on great phone performance. You will loose in the future according to where .marketing is headed.
Pros
Paid training
Cons
Poor training
It's ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXOctober 9, 2018
Its ok to work here. The overtime the was available to us was lovely and very generous. Training was ok and they showed us everything we needed to know.
Competitive and fun
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJOctober 8, 2018
I supervised 15 to 20 ppl. We had fun making it competitive and learning how to communicate with our clients. Sometimes theres discouragement in doing this type of job because of rejections but it helps you improve. The hardest part of the job was the hang ups and people being upset then you have to figure out how you can change that. I enjoyed my team and the work atmosphere.
Pros
commission
Cons
Irate customers
Productive fun place to work at
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXOctober 7, 2018
Harte Hanks is a very employee friendly workplace with flexible hours and PTO. Harte Hanks also offers insurance dental, medical and vision and 401k.It's a very faced paced environment yet very effective. Employees are often rewarded for their hard work and recognized by the Client.
Pros
PTO and paid breaks
Cons
Demanding and Stressful
Acceptable pace of job requirements.
Night shift trainer of new personnel (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 1, 2018
I mainly worked the 3rd shift while employed. Generally was unsupervised by management because it was well known I was a self starter.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with. There was no difficult part of the job for me.
Pros
night shift, people, management
Cons
money good to start with but pay raises were never offered
Poor work environment due to Management
HBO NOW Tier 1 Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 24, 2018
Management does not help and is constantly looking out for themselves and not their employees. Only advances friends. Supervisors have favorites and will let things slide to the wrong people. Work morale is low because all employees are pinned against each other.
Pros
Pto, Sick days
Cons
Poor management, low moral with employees
Work Remotely
something (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MASeptember 18, 2018
They allowed employees to work remotely at least once a week and when they have a bad weather.
Some of the manager teach you what you need to know.
Some of the manager help you to move up in the company.
Pros
wrok remotely
Cons
work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harte Hanks. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight