Harte Hanks Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Lack of security
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJuly 13, 2018
Upper management appears to be complaicent. No long trerm direction or guidance provided from them. Communication is sparse and irrelavant at times.
Pros
It's a check
Cons
Not a long term investment
productive
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJuly 8, 2018
good job to work, self paced, and good pay, managers are understanding and work with co-workers. People that you talk to on the phone can be rude but you cant let that get to you.
Very fast paste but great working environment
FedEx International Trace Agent (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJuly 7, 2018
Fun and learning experience above the quick paste you have to maintain. Not difficult once you get the hang of it but from time to time can be overwhelming.
Pros
Had wonderful meal gatherings and celebrations, also wonderful work environment.
Cons
Angry customers and tough situations
Employee activities and Incentive Programs
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJuly 3, 2018
Harte Hanks is a fun place to work at and I enjoyed working there. My Co-Workers were great. The Management Team always made sure the agents were prepared before going on the phones.
Pros
Great Co-Workers and Incentive Programs for agents.
Cons
Lack of upward mobility without relocating.
Revolving door
Contact Center Supervisor, (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 3, 2018
The company has a revolving door because the pay to agents is very low and the training is not done well. Benefits cost to much for most agents to have
Run from this company
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 2, 2018
The company is in financial trouble. My group was completely disbanded soon after I left and replaced with outsourced people from Wipro. Wipro had only recently acquired a minority stake in Harte Hanks. There is no future here for good IT people.
Pros
Cons
Financial trouble and questionable senior leadership decisions
Pretty scuzzy place to work - churn and burn
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 26, 2018
If you ever wanted to work with addicts and people just out of prison, here's your chance. This was a bizarre place to work, with a churning labor pool with a high rate of turnover. Someone once literally tried to sell me heroin here. When the hiring manager told us the work was "better than construction work" it was a bit of a clue.
25 years of clerical data entry experience, Processed and scanned data for various companies, Provided customer service
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSJune 25, 2018
Opened mail, batched mail the entered it for various companies.
Scanned, filed invoices for accounting department.
Trained new employees for multiple accounts.
Pros
Good hours and staff
Cons
Poor pay
If you liked to be cussed by random strangers
Customer service Agent for Major League (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJune 19, 2018
There were two supervisors at Harte Hanks there were great. Most of the ones there had it in there mind that they were the best of the best and the regular employee was nothing.
Pros
Fun to help elderly people
Cons
graded on how long you were on a call
One of the best groups of Sales reps I have ever worked with
Licensed Sales Agent Medicare /ACA (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJune 19, 2018
The culture of Harte hanks is collaborative . Everyone is very professional ans helpful. I was able to improve my computer skills and share my Medicare and Insurance knowledge. There are Bonus Awards given in the form of generous gift crds and prizes like TVS etc
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
not much uoward mobility
A nightmare
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJune 19, 2018
Harte Hanks does not care anything about their employees. Not even managers. They treat everyone as if you’re just another seat in the chair. There is no employee empowerment or advancement everything is very CUT THROAT. I felt more valued working at Chipotle. I WOULD NOT RECCOMEND anyone to work for this company. They cut 401K unexpectedly and they LOVE laying people off without notice EVEN IF YOU ARE PERMANENT. I have over 20 awards such as complimentary calls employee of the month etc. But I am also very young and do not have children to take care as of yet or a mortgage but if YOU do please do not do it to yourself. It has been very sad to see coworkers get laid off with only 1-2 day notice that has been a backbone to this company. We are what keeps this company going and there’s no value to us. I’ve seen over 50 employees get laid off with very short notice and eventually I was one of them. But not only myself my manager and EACH of my fellow coworkers in the PA location. With only 2 weeks to find other work (lucky for us I guess) some only had 1-2 day notices. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR STABILITY AND GROWTH THIS IS NOT IT.
Pros
Loved my coworkers
Cons
Everything else
Call centers are an abyss
Technical Support - Dotcom/Café Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 17, 2018
Excellent co-workers; great lower level management (direct contact, supervisors and all), but the upper echelons were horrendous; talking to entitled snobs all day is draining - mentally, physically, and emotionally. Benefits were nice, and the pay was livable, but nothing, and I mean NOTHING is worth working in a call center again. Humans as a species in general are total garbage, a waste of evolutionary advancement and life force; and you can't really learn that until you wok in a call center. So if you want to remain blind, oblivious, and naive to that undeniable truth, never work a call center job.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
everything else
Harte Hanks Review
Supervisor/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 16, 2018
While I was working for Harte Hanks, it was losing money and the management kept trying to reorganize the business to restore profitability without success,

The parking lot was too small for the number of employee's and each year they rented space from a nearby church and rented a van, hired two drivers and shuttled employee's to and from the off site parking location.

There compensation program needs improvement. During the four years I worked there I was given a $1.00 per hour raise or .25 per year,
Pros
Enjoyed the people I worked with.
Cons
Lacked an annual raise; cost of living program due to a shortage of funding.
N/a
International Trace Agent (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJune 15, 2018
I believe Harte Hanks could of invested more in their training program to ensure employee product knowledge. With product knowledge it ensures one call resolution and customer satisfaction.
More like family
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJune 13, 2018
Excellent benefits and great coworkers. The potential for long term employment is available especially if you are committed and have customer service experience.
Ok job
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJune 12, 2018
it was a fast pace job. You had to have great communication skills and knowledge of the system to speak with the customers.
Having a great attitude is how you get through a day that that job.
ok job
TELESERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 4, 2018
overall it was ok however there were many hurdles to have to get over to do well here. Way to much drama in the work place from coworkers and customers
its a good place to get your feet wet
Call Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Wells Branch, TXMay 31, 2018
Its best for just out of high school students and people with a small criminal history. the work is easy and you get 40 hours a week but the fake supervisor smile go away after or even at the end of training. id say come into the job with no smiles so people will try to make YOU smile, and dont accept a job under 13 an hour because its there and you can get it. even if they say you have to wait six month you really dont just wait for that 13 dollar job to pop up. IT WILL BE WORTH IT.
Pros
pot lucks, down time, women
Cons
dana ford, accounts that pay less than others, deaf trainers
shut down
SALES AGENT/LEAD GEN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 29, 2018
Very nice building to work in. Lots of cubical space. Another thing they had was great bonuses. If you put the work in they reward wirth prizes also. Great company parties as well.
Pros
No bonus cap
Cons
Not enough courteous management.
Work experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAMay 26, 2018
My experience with this company hasn't been pleasant. This company has no morals or ethics when it comes to family or life events. i wouldn't recommend anyone working for this company at all unless you do not have family or a life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harte Hanks. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight