Harte Hanks Employee Reviews

Strict, Fast-Paced and Underpaid
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Incoming call center; I learned that many people can be very disrespectful when you are attempting to assist them with their issue, yet they want to start threatening you, yet on the other hand, you have customers that do all they can to get back to you when you are doing all you can to assist them because you were able to do your job correctly. The workplace was a very diverse workplace with many people from all walks of life. The hardest part of the job was the customers that did not want to listen to you, the most enjoyable part of the job was when you know you done all you could and you were successful at completing what you set out to do.
Pros
Fun people to work with
Cons
Very stressful; not enough pay
Would not recommend Harte Hanks .
telephone agent (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXSeptember 9, 2018
Harte Hanks changed drastically from whence I first started. They lost 75% of accounts, let go 400 out of 500 employees this year. Stock dropped down below a dollar from over ten dollars per share, had to have a reverse stock split to stay reported on the NYSE. Site manager would receive bonuses sufficient to procure new vehicles for two out of three years. Favored home office for good accounts..
Did not follow through with what was said they would do unless the employee followed up to learn why employee was not spoken to for a response. Management at head office failed to catch errors of site until too late. Something must be wrong when the CEO's salary reduced by 25% or more. Management failed to run site properly and blamed employees for lack of production and costs due to not keeping "excellent" employees because they wanted a living wage and not just minimum wage.
Pros
Gifts provided had to be earned and too small to create incentive.
Poor management and disrespectful
Small Shipment Tracker (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLSeptember 5, 2018
Manager is the worst, disrespectful person and expects you to work and get everything done but does not allow you to do overtime when needed. He praises other co-workers for work you did but doesn't acknowledge all the work you've done.
Unorganized
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 5, 2018
Too many friends are in management. If you have a problem with one, you'll have problems with the rest of them. It was such a huge turn around with employees.
Pros
Flexibility
Loved all my co workers
Quality control supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAAugust 31, 2018
I loved All of my co workers, made many friends. Was there for so long and was promoted and pro.ised more money but never received it and that was my reason for leaving because I asked for more money and they said no
Benefits
Cons
Not enough pay for how long i was there no raise after i was promoted
Very envolved with employees with games and meals
Fedex Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXAugust 31, 2018
I enjoyed working at Harte Hanks. They were always planning games or meals for employees. Harte Hanks played a role in the community and in state charities.
Laid-back workplace with room for growth
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXAugust 29, 2018
Harte Hanks provides its employess with much opportunity for growth within the company as well th ability to learn different departments in the company
Good management team
Senior Global Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 28, 2018
My direct managers took the time to ensure I was competent in my role and understood the requirements. We laughed through out the day and the culture was healthy.
Colorfully painted office with plenty of monthly events to keep up morale, fairly competitive.
Teleservice Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX 78728August 25, 2018
Walls are all brightly colored and they plan a few events about every other week of the month. However in the dept. I work in it is fairly competitive to maintain a high enough rank to be kept on during the slower seasons.
Productive,decent hours
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXAugust 17, 2018
Enjoyed working their. Overall decent place to work received bonuses and lots of paid time off received training thru out to perform the job would consider returning if called.
Pros
Decent hours
Cons
Laid off, Quality assurance inconsistant
opinion
Teleservices Representative 3 (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSAugust 16, 2018
Harte-Hanks was a good company to work for. They treated me very well and never asked me to do anything that I could not do. I enjoyed working for them.
Good company to learn skills
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 15, 2018
Good company to learn skills but unable to retain talented people due to lower wages. A lot of turnover for line level agents. Health benefits are ok.
Horrible place
Customer Care Associate Tier 2 (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 13, 2018
I do not recommend this place at all, the new management came in and fired almost everyone, including supervisors. Serveral people told me not to apply or work here but I didn't listen.
Nice Environment to work
INTRADAY ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 8, 2018
HH is a nice low income job that you can take on when freshly moving to a city. There is room to grow but pay is in the lowest tier of call center work in the city I lived in, Austin.

Other than the pay and management that can be kind off "difficult" to work with. Seeings as agents get promoted to sups and manager but never really had management skills to begin with, it gets interesting there. But, other than that too, the environment is great. Lots of pot locks and food, and team building things up the wahzoo.
Pros
work environment
Cons
Pay
Friendly enviroment, ACH time expecetations to high
Fedex Dotcom Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 8, 2018
Enjoyed working with the majority of fellow coworkers. Pretty decent open door policy. Allowed me opportunities to try different types of jobs in my team (fedex.com). Over all good place to work. Some of the management were not knowledgeable in dept that they managed.
Pros
close to home, decent place to work, training good and kept up to date
Cons
some management did not know their jobs. high turnover, too high ACH time expectations
Fast-paced workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 4, 2018
You have the latest computer equipment but you need to have excellent keyboard skills to keep up. I was promoted to lead person but with no pay increase. They have opportunities for full-time employees too.
Pros
good training before going live.
Cons
parking spaces limited
They had the best coffee
Customer Service Representative/Backup Lead (Former Employee) –  Shawnee Mission, KSJuly 26, 2018
Taking calls of people wanting to order Similac,any nutrient supplements and mothers wanting to sign up for the strong moms club. The company ended up closing the call center in our city and that's why I'm not still working there.
Pros
Set schedule and always had a month food day.
Cons
Dealing with customer when they are very upset when there is a recall on items.
Love it! Great place
Na (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJuly 23, 2018
Loved it. Enjoyed my sups very throughout. Fun always busy fast paced good comps bonuses training new experiences all around great place to work I would go back
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Personal
Wonderful Co-workers
Customer Service Call Agent (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJuly 20, 2018
A fun learning environment, with great supervisors. Three weeks on the job, paid training. Wonderful incentives and plenty of overtime opportunities. Plenty of room for advancement.
Lack of security
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJuly 13, 2018
Upper management appears to be complaicent. No long trerm direction or guidance provided from them. Communication is sparse and irrelavant at times.
Pros
It's a check
Cons
Not a long term investment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harte Hanks. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight