Play YouTube video button
Information from Hartford HealthCare:

Hartford HealthCare Employee Reviews

United States196 reviews
Featured review
Hartford HealthCare selected this as a representative review
fabulous people, great leadership - excellent culture and clinical expertise is valued. Senior leadership cares about their employees, and works hard to make this a great place to work as a clinician.
High stress environment, staff and management are helpful, but with certain policies in place - can be overwhelming at times.

Management will try to get as much blood out of a stone as they can. Very difficult to get a lunch break as a nurse on my floor.
Pros
Supportive staff, management wants you to succeed
Cons
Very high stress, low reward, not the best pay
Very bad management. They treat us like bad sometimes I swear. Good compensation and good benefits for workers. It's okay after all but try not to be too close to managers
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad management
Everyone who enters that office eventually runs away. FLEE AS FAST AS YOU CAN! The pay is terrible within the medical group which contains primary care and specialized care. I asked management for help several times because I was doing the workload of 3 people. Instead of helping me, I was fired for not being able to keep up. The medical assistants in office were terrible women. I think they also made my life miserable simply because I didn't fit in with them. The region's nurse preceptor throws people under the bus to protect themselves from looking incompetent.
Pros
I can honestly think of no pros—other than a decent benefit package and nice bonus at Christmas
Cons
Work environment, pay, no support from management
I’ve been working here for a very long time and truly love being here. This is like a second home. Love working for this company. Good atmosphere and pleasant place to work.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
I have worked for HHC for 14 years and have had a great experience thus far. Management has been great helping me grow and find new strengths and help improve.
When working with HartfordHospital,
Patients are not a second option.

Every day people trust our great doctors,

Nurses,Healthcare providers.

And this is why working at Hartford Hospital was a great experience.
management listens to staff concerns and will promptly address any safety concerns. Unit communicates about new policy and procedures. happy work place who encourage learning and promote education.
I like working in this company the good part was that the supervisors and the manager we're very up-to-date and knowledgeable with what they did they helped everyone. The bad well like always there's always employees I just don't want to work as hard as others but then that's in every job that you're in.
The leadership is pulled all different ways, the tail wagging the dog. They mean well and desire to be the best but until they stand strong and united and quite caving to every employee demand it will never happen.
Glad I got the bell out of there !! This website states to say more about this company...One of the most poorly run companies I ever worked for in thirty years. Become an employee at your own risk.. The doctors are excellent...
I started with the company part-time doing call center work. After a couple years I moved to Telephonic Case Management for workers compensation.
Supervisors were helpful in arranging for a meeting with the WC Case Manager supervisor and the interview.
Part timers are happier than full timers-unable to utilize students for teaching due to COVID-lots of training opportunities-lots of work hour flexibility
This healthcare system is a large organization with operations throughout CT. Positive and respectful leadership and interpersonal behaviors are part of the institutional fabric of this company.
I think that Hartford Healthcare overall is a good organization but working within this office was a joke. The manager goes on about employees being a team when there's no teamwork. The nurses are loud and gossip too much, some of the MA's don't do there job like they are supposed to, the manager plays favoritism with the nurses because she has a friendship with them which they micromanage and feel like because they have a higher role than others that they can talk to the other employees any kind of way. Furthermore, the nurses and manager nitpick on employees that actually do their jobs and throw a bunch of work for them to do. Nevertheless, there has been numerous of turnovers within that office. MA's, receptionist, managers and even doctors have left this practice and even more employees are leaving as well. I'm honestly suprised that HR has not looked into this. ,
It is going the way of big business and that is quantity over quality. Difficult to reach managers when in the field, disorganized structure and leadership, and a general sense of chaos every day. There is ZERO work life balance with this company. You are always connected and expected to go above and beyond, even if you are working on-call, still finishing up your charting, and have neglected family members wondering why you can't be at the dinner table all week long. Some hard working staff at the branches, but higher-up's seem clueless and out of touch with field work. All managers and administration should spend a day doing field work and working on-call to see what goes into a typical day. Patients notice these things and its difficult to perform safe, competent care when you are expected to work 12 days in a row.
I’ve never had any problems with coworkers, clients etc in all my years as a Social Worker.
The staff I worked with treated me horribly day in and day out!!! I was not part of their “clique” so all they did was talk bad about me, belittle me and “tell on me!” for every little thing. They all watched me like a hawk and reported me to the supervisor. They were also horrible to our clients. I resigned because I couldn’t take another minute
Patients and staff are a priority to the culture of safety. Staff diversity is encouraged and appreciated.
Caring, professional staff in all departments
It is an ok place. It could be allot better. Environment can be sometimes demanding , and there is allot to get done through the day. management is not always on the same page as staff.
Always short staffed, poor leadership, no support. We have tried for 2 years to get more staff with safer working conditions. People leave due to poor managment, and nothing being resolved. We work more hours than we are scheduled for and hardly ever get lunch. We never know from day to day if we will have enough staff to safely take care of our patients.
Enjoyed a collaborative work environment,challenging growth and opportunities to improve business processes. Metrics and analysis drive decisions and change.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hartford HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight