Hartford HealthCare Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Hardest part of job
Medical Staff Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTMay 7, 2018
Work was assigned daily and then constantly micro managed from start to finish. Never received positive feedback from management and as a team collectively extremely low morale.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Micro management of assigned tasks
Great place to work.
Cardiovascular Perfusionist (Current Employee) –  CTApril 23, 2018
Busy but a very good place to work with very supportive management. As a CCP we are by far the highest paid in New England and one of the top in the country. Our salary is more than competitive and our sign on bonus, retention bonus, hazard pay is second to none.
Cons
Can’t find enough quality CCPs to fill all our positions.
Lean Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 13, 2018
The culture at HHC is one of integrity, caring, and performance excellence. Everyone works very hard to make the patient's experience a good one. I love that focus... it is so "humanistic". My role as a Lean Facilitator is very fulfilling and rewarding. I get to work with a wide variety of groups ranging from neurology to Engineering. In helping them to improve their work processes I feel like I'm helping the entire organization, thus the patient experience. The Lean management team is very supportive, caring, and helpful. But they do not micro-manage. I learn so much from them, and my co-workers every day. HHC is a great place to work, and the role of Lean Facilitator is very exciting!
Pros
Culture, leadership
Cons
hard work, but rewarding
Rewarding place the work
H3W Process Improvement (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 13, 2018
As someone who loves to learn, be challenged, and enjoys watching others succeed with my support Hartford HealthCare is the place for me. The culture has an amazing emphasis on respect for people that all employees uphold. I came from a toxic work environment before coming to HHC and was in absolute shock that managers investigate the process when problems occur. When I fail I know my supervisor will ask me how the process allowed me to fail and encourage me to problem solve to prevent the problem from happening again. My job is hard but I love it. This is not the place for you if you just want to show up and collect a check. The environment allows me the perfect amount of autonomy with regards to meet my yearly goals while providing me with all the tools to succeed.
Pros
Tremendous amount of support in order to succeed, open communication, teamwork
Cons
Work hours can be long, occasional short deadlines
Best Development Opportunity in Lean
H3W Facilitator (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutApril 12, 2018
I worked in the Lean Office for almost 3 years and can honestly say I’ve been developed more in this role than every other role I’ve had in my 20 year career. Not at all easy but collaborative, innovative, opportunities to strategize with leaders and improve patient care. Big and small wins celebrated and recognized daily. Lean Office has Snr leader support which makes tremendous difference in the change journey. #realleanatHHC
Pros
Good pay and collaborative
Cons
Change agility in healthcare
Worst management for which I've ever worked!
Lean Office, H3W Facilitator, Process Improvement (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutMarch 31, 2018
Don't get me wrong, there are many wonderful, dedicated people that work here, but the Lean Office is run by mean-spirited people that really don't care about anything except how things look - it's all a show. The culture is one where employees are encouraged to talk about their co-workers during "coaching" sessions. No one can be trusted, and the culture is one of fear. It's a horrible feeling when your first one on one with the head of the department has nothing to do with you, and you're being asked if someone else has done or said something wrong. The work is not level-loaded, and capacity is not taken into consideration when goals are set. Favorable assignments are given to current favorites, so many become sycophants in order to survive while trying to get out. Out of all the Lean Office locations, Hartford and Newington are reportedly the worst, with the East and Central regions being better, but there are so many lean office meetings that it's impossible to avoid the brutal politics. These endless, humiliating meetings are also not figured into capacity. HR and Executive leadership is aware of the problems, and there is a constant stream of people leaving this team, but they've invested a lot into this program, and an artful storyteller can go a long time before the house of cards collapses in on itself. During the interview process, you will get all the right answers, so pay attention to body language, and who isn't saying much. Ask what location you are interviewing for, ask where your workgroups are located, training and advancement - and make your decision from  more... there. If you can, look for positions in Learning and Development or Project Management - the leadership in these areas is beyond amazing, and it's real!  less
Pros
Pay is decent, but doesn't make up for the culture
Cons
Horrible, fake management in Hartford and some other areas.
Not the company they say they are.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 29, 2018
No one listens to the employees concerns. Your not respected as an employee regardless of how many times they tell you they do.
Bottom line is the only thing HHC Cares about is meeting their goals and bringing in the money NOTHING more.
Not Worth the Pay and Benefits
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry, CTMarch 22, 2018
Work for a wonderful physician that isn't allowed to practice medicine the way he needs to because corporate healthcare is run by ratings and money and doesn't seem generally concerned about actual medicine and patient care. Upper management talks a big talk about "caring" for it's employees but does very little to back it up. Very little support shown to employee needs, interests, or advancement. Always demanding higher work load but unwilling to compensate the overtime needed to fulfill work load; employees working off the clock to meet work load demands.
Pros
Pay is decent, excellent benefits
Cons
Poor management and concern for employees
Laughable salary at job offer
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 18, 2018
Unlivable wage offered after completing lengthy job interview process. Would not listen to counter offer when presented. Extremely frustrating and humiliating.
Challenging and Rewarding
ITS Networking Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTMarch 13, 2018
A Challenging and Team oriented environment. IT Infrastructure Resources that are Productive and Collaborate that work with good overall Engineering Talent
Coworkers really make the place more enjoyable
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTMarch 3, 2018
Pay is good compared to other medical labs in the state. However, we're often very short staffed but yet are expected to get all the work done without errors or leaving anything for the next shift. Amid this, corporate is trying to cut the budget even more. Can be stressful at times, and of course some employees are more equal than others. Doesn't always feel like patient care or safety is the top priority, and supervisors actually encourage staff members to write their coworkers up.
Pros
Health and Retirement Benefits, Coworkers, Teamwork
Cons
Management, Lack of Professionalism, Job Security
Not Appreciated
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTFebruary 26, 2018
Management does not stick up for employees.
Pay does not reflect work responsibilities.
Most co-workers are enjoyable to work with.
Limited to no overtime
Good team environment;wish there were more opportunities for professional growth
FINANCIAL COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 24, 2018
Good team environment; wish there were more opportunities for professional growth. Good compensation; decent benefits; Unless you want to take on a management role, it is difficult to gain experience that will enable job growth.
This is a different place to work at.
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTFebruary 20, 2018
A majority of the employees are awesome to work with. The small few make this very difficult and trying depending on the position you and they are in.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Managment is unable to resolve issues or try new things.
Productive place to work
Medical Receptionist (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTFebruary 20, 2018
As a front desk receptionist I learned to multitask, how to interact with people first hand. There were different kinds of ethnicity. Hardest part of the job was when I wasn't able to help a patient far as insurance purposes or sensitive situations. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people accommodating them to their needs and keeping them happy.
Pros
Being recognized for the good work.
decent place. good people
Sr. Clinical Systems Analyst/Charge Lead (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTFebruary 19, 2018
decent place. good people for the most part. salary comp for area. exp pays. decent place. tight schedules
nice building
commute is tough
good environment
Pros
good people
Cons
hartford traffic
great place to work
Register Nurse (Former Employee) –  Watertown, CTFebruary 17, 2018
Management was great and extremely helpful. Co-workers were very helpful. Typical day was receive your assignment in morning and then go and see patients. Charting was very involved and very in depth.
Pros
mangement
Cons
work after scheduled day
Horrible management!
Catering Associate (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 16, 2018
ALWAYS short staffed but still told to get everything done, some emp are friends of the mgr & get paid MORE than emp who’ve been there for several YRS
Pros
401K & good benefits
Cons
Favoritism, rude/unprofessional managers, pay rate sucks
Growing organization
EDI ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Newington, CTFebruary 13, 2018
Healthcare is changing. Hartford Healthcare is changing as well. I suspect ten years from now Hartford Healthcare will be a vastly different orgnaization.
Pros
Relaxed environment.
Cons
Too much of a relaxed environment.
Good Project
ClinDoc/Stork 2015 Credentialed Trainer (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 6, 2018
Our Epic project was run smoothly and professionals were allowed to be professional without micro-management.

We were able to travel as expected and if not needed on project we had a choice to spend our off time at home.