Hartford HealthCare
Happiness rating is 62 out of 100

Hartford HealthCare Employee Reviews

Found 1,440 reviews matching the search
Really, I do. I've met great people, and learned a lot of great skills. Management does tend to be at arms length for most things, but overall I have enjoyed my time working here. Recent management reorganization has improved daily workplace experience so hopefully things will continue to improve.
Don't do it to much drama and always changing job duties get couched on calls make up stuff you need to do######$$$$$$$###$$$$$$ management was very bad made up stuff to make you look bad had to be a favorite agent in order to get any kind of respect I didn't get that boss was treating me like a child
Overall a nice place to work. Busy unit, usually had a 7 patient assignment on days and 10-11 patient assignment on nights. Typical shift involved taking vital signs, blood sugars, assisting with ADLs, etc. Teamwork was great, you could always count on another CNA or RN to lend a helping hand. I wish orientation included training on other units, since we were often required to float.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Teamwork
Cons
Lack of training on other units
Love working for Hartford HealthCare. Both management and colleagues are extremely supportive. I enjoy working in an environment that encourages and supports growth.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Management is not on the best level. They do not care about employees. It is a weird setup of mentality in Histology leaders. Workplace culture is based on the W3 rules that don't apply to daily routines. N on we care what is right, everyone follows the paper rules and they make their own rules.
Not as bad as I thought, However, it still needs work to be done. I enjoy my experience here and I have learned a lot in so little time. I love my coworkers especially from my department, but as in every job, there are some that look like they don't enjoy their job anymore. Perhaps due to burnout. Overall, I like my job, but some changes need to be made for employee satisfaction.
Pros
Coworkers are nice, free parking, benefits
Cons
Management, low job satisfaction, high turnover rate.
Great customer service, friendly , helpful ,and knowledgeable staff a live person is always available to help at all times and their is room for advancement.
Pros
Starting rate is $15 per hour across the board
Cons
I believe your pay rate such based on your years of experience.
Small community hospital part of the Hart Hospital Company I liked the fact that I floated to all areas of the hospital and wasn't caught up in the floor politics, So I did learn a lot about each unit.
Pros
Learned a lot about various units, union hosp pay was very good
Cons
Small community hospital can create small minds sometimes
Was very good.To be more patient with people.Management were very kind and considerate.Working in the COVID restrictions.Enjoyed working clients.
Pros
Always quick to find clients for me
Cons
Supervisors were incredibly nice but the work was monotonous and something I didn’t sign for: Doing summaries of ED visits when I thought I’d be working with patients.
Worst job I ever had in my life. I was hired as a HUC and the employees that were supposed to train me were horrible to me. They didn't train me correctly (which I swear was intentional) they had attitudes with me from the very first day, it almost seemed like they were jealous or something. I went to management about the attitudes I was receiving. I got no help at all. I actually would go home in tears. The anxiety from this job was making me physically ill. Human resources is a joke!! They say they have your back... Yeah to stab you in it!! Horrible company to work for.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the company
Management has never been cohesive or informative... Often I left work feeling unsupported. Each department seems to follow their own rules, and never functions as a team.
I am happy they have given me the experience in the pateint care setting but this organization is very disorganized. Most days i leave work feeling very depleated and I get alot of anxiety from this job.
Pros
close to home, some co workers are nice
Cons
always short staffed, some nurses will push you under the bus if they have to.
Great team work. Great place to grow and make advancements. Everyone works well together. Pay is fairly reasonable for the job. Insurance is affordable.
Awesome team work. Great place to work, everyone is a team player. Always keeping employees up to date on new meds,equipment. The respiratory department was very organized, and had autonomy when taking care of patients...
Pros
Team work, updates of meds, equipment
Cons
The building was very old...could use updating
Terrible company to work for. Unorganized, no communication. Pennies for compensation. No one cares about career growth & it’s almost impossible to move up (despite the promises they give). The workers are nice but the management is HORRIFIC. It took me working for Yale to understand how terrible of a company Hartford healthcare actually is. I wouldn’t even recommend patients to go there . Most didn’t stay for long before they witnessed it themselves.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Everything else
The company has to start caring about staff.. less talk more action. Used to be a top-notch company to work for but money has got in the way. HHC needs to go back to the basics.. stop buying and focus on fixing what you already have.
Hartford healthcare is a very disappointing company to work for. The benefits are awful, management does not care for their employees. It’s really unfortunate because it does have potential to be a decent company to work for.
If you are of any ethnic race please prepare to either loose your job or walk off the job. I’ve worked in pharmacy for quite sometime and I’ve never felt so belittled and so unmotivated to continue my pursuit in anything to do with the hospital I wish I listened to those who warned me about the bias attitudes here. I have never seen such a turnover in company ever. Management and HR is not on the side of the employee. Your voice won’t be heard when you have an opinion. Or if you do have an opinion about management they will find anyway to fire you. If I could I would write a book.
Pros
A few great employees
Cons
Micromanage
Nice place to work. As a family atmosphere I like the flexibility of my job and I get to use my vacation Time. Thé culture needs a little improvement but they are working on it and diversity and inclusion.
Pros
Paid vacation
Absolutely wonderful experience and team. This job has given me a purpose and very rewarding. I feel needed working with all the people at Windham hospital. All good