Hartford Steam Boiler Inspection and Insurance

Hartford Steam Boiler Inspection and Insurance Employee Reviews

Good place to work for but not for advancement
Loss Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJune 23, 2018
Good place to work for but not for advancement. Annual raises are good, but they take a long time to give promotions, even if the promotions was guaranteed.
Underpaid and understaffed
Customer Solutions Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Wayne, PAJune 11, 2018
I feel my position is under appreciated and ultimately unfulfilling. I enjoy working in a team atmosphere, however they are understaffed and unprepared for the call volume.
A good place to be
Authorized Inspector (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 10, 2018
HSB was a great place to work and the rewards are very good. You must know that you will at times be dealing with degreed engineers that think they are right and you know nothing, you have the code and they must follow it so you have to be able to stand your ground, but only if you know they are wrong.
Pros
pay, pride, a good job
Cons
travel at last minute, arguments.
Great Job
Service Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 5, 2018
Friendly environment, great work place. Friendly co workers. Flexible schedule.Advise and assistance available at convenience or when highly needed.Love thejob.
Challenging work environment
Authorized Nuclear Inspector (Former Employee) –  RemoteMarch 28, 2018
Working in a Nuclear Power Plant was the most interesting part as an Inspector. It is one of the most secured places on earth. What I am not pleased is my role as Authorized Nuclear In-Service Inspector was under appreciated by the clients and probably one of the lowest paid worker on site for the bulk of responsibilities. It is a position that oversees multiple programs and engaging with the respective leadership on a daily basis.
Pros
Keeps you engaged all the time.
Lack of consistency
Underwriting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wayne, PAMarch 27, 2018
A company that has been around for 150 years should have a more consistent process in place for training and job advancement. It was a good place to work (Relaxing, good people), but a real lack of leadership
Pros
Relaxing work enviroment
Cons
Awful training
Employment
SPECIALTY CLAIMS ADJUSTER (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 19, 2018
There is consistent but manageable work. There is a team atmosphere in which everyone works together to complete a common goal. The unit it small but very effective. A great place to work where management is hands on.
Pros
Freedom to come and go as you please.
Great Environment for Entry Level IT
Service Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 7, 2018
I was looking to get my foot in the IT world and HSB was the perfect place to begin. They have a great team w/ very solid leadership. It is a fast-paced environment that you will either sink or swim in. Thankfully there is a strong team of experienced workers who support you as you go along. I was a contracted employee so my views on Pay/Benefits are a bit skewed in comparison to a FTE. This job was only temporary as I wanted the best way to get into the IT world

I would recommend this job to anyone who is looking to begin their IT career.
Excellent Company To Work
FIELD SERVICE SUPERVISOR/REGIONAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 19, 2018
Great Atmosphere and really great people. The work is a lot of fun with a lot of flexibility (working at home). There are also a lot of additional perks including company car, cell phone and paid internet.
Pros
Management is great, Job is fun
Cons
Pay is not as competitive.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2018
My job consisted of selling Boiler & Machinery Insurance. It started out interesting, however, there was not enough work to keep busy. Management at the time didn't seemed engaged in operations. Since then Hartford Steam Boiler is a good Company to work for.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Not enough work at the time
Traditional company
Technical Due Diligence Intern (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 11, 2018
HSB is trying to become more modern, but the company is still traditional. Cubicles are the standard. Majority of company is older and thus are not opposed to the traditional system of a workplace.
Claims Internship
Claims Internship (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAJanuary 5, 2018
I learned more about insurance claims and what reinsurance is during this internship and was able to enhance my oral and written skills by communicating daily with insured as well as insurance companies.
Pros
paid lunch time, friendly co-workers
Cons
long commute to work
Work environment clean and modern
Underwriter and Corporate Underwriting Support (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 26, 2017
Clean and modern work space. Nice kitchen and updated equipment. A perfect job for a self starter. Has great training classes on line. Management is easy to work with.
Was a great place to work when I left.
Programmer Analyst, Business Systems Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 7, 2017
HSB was a great place to work. I am still friends with the people I met there 20+ years ago and some are still working there. I only left to take a job in a warmer climate and get away from the cold.
Great Place to work/stressful enviroment
Commercial Property Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Wayne, PANovember 14, 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed working here, however due to constant changes in work processes and an unfiltered escalation process causes unnecessary stress in the work place for both management and employees, causing employees to ultimately burn out after a year or two. Due to the high stress of the job, adjusters are constantly leaving, causing the need for year round training due to the number of new adjusters being brought on to take the place of seasoned adjusters
Pros
Great people
Cons
very high stress enviroment
Great Company
Hartford, Connecticut - Project Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 12, 2017
Good company all around. I would recommend this company whole heartedly. Great people, good culture, good compensation and benefits. Laid back atmosphere.
Pros
culture, people, benefits
Life on the highway
Authorized Inspector (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 4, 2017
Be ready for anything. As an inspector you will travel to all corners of your area and will be called at all times of day or night. With that said there is respect and honesty to be found in this line of work, and this company. Have fun.
Pros
Various people to meet, lots of travel.
Cons
lots of travel at all hours of the night.
Hardest Part of the Job
JUNIOR PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 30, 2017
Watching times change, new management come into the picture. We had a structure change and new management was brought in to do the jobs of the people that were already accomplishing these tasks.
Great Benefits, Not So Good Work Life Balance
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 15, 2017
The benefits at HSB were excellent - medical, dental, and vision were available at a reasonable rate and vacation time was very generous. On the flip side, you are essentially on call 24/7/365, regardless of holidays or vacation.
Fun & very fulfilling
Call Center/ Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 27, 2017
It was very rewarding and satisfying. I learned a lot and it I had fun learning the business. It does get busy but it is exciting. I recommend it to anyone.