Hartung Glass Industries Employee Reviews

Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORMarch 10, 2019
If you don’t want to work and just stand or sit around. This is not the place for you. If you don’t mind breaking a sweat once in a while. Then it is a great place. This is not a job for the lazy. You will work overtime and inclimate conditions. Management is friendly, but department managers are sometimes equipped to deal with all problems. Advancement is hard to come by. They tend to higher people to fill higher paying jobs then move people into them. All in all a good company to work for, learn to speak Spainish if you want to know what others are saying about you.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Poor advancement, slow at pay raises.
Cutter
Cutter (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORFebruary 13, 2019
When I was there awhile back I was a cutter I acually liked it and wasn't getting paid what I was promised by my former boss who's no longer there unfortunately. But I actually wouldn't mind working there again but it wouldn't be less the 16hr. That's what I think Cutter's should start at. Especially how dangerous it could be if your not paying attention to your work I've seen it with my own eyes. I'm able to say that I payed enough attention to my job to not get hurt during the time I was there year and a half or so if I remember correctly.
Made some good friends but it is a stopping point for a career path
Witheld (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJanuary 7, 2019
While it is typically a fun place to work, once you move up to a supervisor's position on your career path, do not expect to move any further. All management with the exception of 4 people who worked there for 20+ years are hired from the outside. This is only for the Tukwila/Renton locations. I cannot speak to the other 7, smaller branches.
Great place to work, wonderful people.
IGR Crew (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WADecember 31, 2018
Ok, so this a place you can work that has plenty of friendly people and one with a hard work ethic at that. This is not a place you can build a career as a low-level employee unless you plan on stay 8+ years. The worst part of the job as an IG crew member is just the physical toll a 10+ hour day for 5 days a week can have on your body. Lots of heavy lifting and stress can be made by caring these expensive pieces of glass. This job made me feel like it was my whole life, leaving no energy for anything much. The best part has to be the relationships I built with these great people. There is no one more you can trust than someone you spend 50 hours week with for months on end.
No one cared about quality products
Auto Box Offloader (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORDecember 8, 2018
I worked here for 3 months. Our machines (by ours i mean everyones) sucked. constantly malfunctioned. Bosses didn't care about me saying that we needed to fix the machines then and there because They were eventually getting someone to look at them and fix them. No one on the team is going to care about quality, and are going to tell you to start putting up more numbers. Don't expect leads to tell you to do a better job at putting out better units, 'cause their expectations for units doesn't compare to any other work place i've seen. it's that bad. they say they'll do something, and it never gets done. everyone just wants to have a good time, instead of doing a good job. When i worked there, i had several people telling me that this happens to everyone, and the only way to get by it is to stop caring about your job. Would not recommend to ANYONE trying to get a job done with a team. would recommend to anyone who doesn't feel like doing enough work to break a sweat.
Pros
you get paid
Cons
you have to work here
No hope.
Managers dont care enough to give me a title (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORDecember 7, 2018
Managers play favorites and will fire you for making their friends look bad when they are doing a terrible job. Almost no advancement and low pay for the skills needed.

All the new people either quit or stop caring about their work and quality of product.
Pros
Cons
Lazy coworkers.
Loved my job
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORNovember 21, 2018
I enjoyed the work I performed. The company was just very unorganized and never had there product ready on time which upset customers regularly. Wouldn’t recommend.
Pros
Enjoyed my coworkers and customers
Cons
Unorganized company
Fast paced but helpful
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WANovember 20, 2018
My time with Hartung Glass Industries was decent. Its cold in the warehouse , the manager for the night crew was horrible. Other than the weather and the manager ,the atmosphere and overall flow of coworkers is fairly decent
Good place to work but I felt overmanaged
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, OROctober 23, 2018
I gained some good experience here but it wasn't the best culture. I felt that our expectations didn't meet the abilities of our manufacturing facility.
Poor management and overworked
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 27, 2018
The employees are good. However, seldom are people promoted from within. If there are management positions they are seldom held by females.

You are expected to not work overtime. However, people quit and they give those duties to others and still expect the others to get the job load done in the same 8 hours. If you work over you get written up. If you don't get the job done you get written up.
Pros
tuition reimbursement
Cons
large smoking community
was challenging
Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXSeptember 4, 2018
Hartung has a great work culture and the hourly employees are very skilled and can work independently with minimal supervisor, its the GM who decided to be controlling which creates a atmosphere that effective daily production.
Pros
monthly KPI bonus
Cons
GM who is controlling and micro managers with limited knowledge of daily floor activity.
Very relaxed fun place to work.
Executive Assistant & Customer Relationship (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COSeptember 2, 2018
I would recommend hartung glass industry to anyone who would like a career. The management is excellent and very easy to talk to. They go out of there way to make the work place feel like a home.
Pros
Great pay, great management, friendly atmosphere
Cons
There was none for me
Sucks
Auto line (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORJuly 20, 2018
Bad place to work at. Management is bad and are liars . They dont follow through with their word, I wouldn't go back if I could and I can. It's not a place to be.
Stressful environment
Glass Inspector/Boxer (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJuly 2, 2018
Management were hypocritical. They expected too much and didn't pay enough for it. Overtime was some time forced with less than 24 hour notice. After doing an excellent job, they expected the same performance, or better, thereafter.
Pros
Cons
Terrible management
Hartung is a place where you can have fun and work hard!
Oven Operator (Current Employee) –  Hartung, WilsonvilleJune 6, 2018
As an oven operator I feel like management listens to our concerns, challenges and stuff about what's going on in our lives. They genuinely care about our environment at work and at home.

I've been working here for many years and have seen many styles of management come and go. The management group that is currently working here gets us involved in decisions that affect how we work. This is a huge difference to how things used to run. It makes us feel like we actually have a voice. Though there are still many things that can improve, it does feel like things are heading the right way.

One thing I will say about this place, I do not know if it is negative or positive, is that they consider attendance to be the most important aspect of doing the job. They are flexible and understanding if we need to take off a day for an unexpected situation but if they find that it is happening a lot they address it really fast.

The environment is one to recognize people for going above and beyond what the job responsibilities entail. I have gotten gift cards to the movies and to lunch places!

Something that took a little bit to get used to was that on Fridays the managers and the plant manager go outside and shake everyone's hands as they leave their shift. At first I thought they were checking up on whether we left early but they actually just want to thank us. Now we expect it.

Overall, I think that Hartung in Wilsonville is a great place to work. It has changed a lot in the last few years and it is changing for the better.
Pros
Work life ballance, Lots of over time offered if you want it, Large family enviroment, Cross training, Great Maintenance team
Cons
The busy season can be demanding, Attendance is taken very serously
Coworkers make up for management issues
Oven Operator (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORMay 16, 2018
dog eat dog place. Management doesn't seem to change so employees leave, over 70% turn over ratio last year. Managers dont care for employees , feels like we are just a number not people. They play favorites HARD. If you dont fit in to their liking they will black list you.
Not a fun place to work
Packer/Glass Inspector (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAMay 1, 2018
very poor place to work!!! upper management treats employees wrong. very racsist people there but overall just needed job for the check. so in other words don't
cut throat
employee (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WAApril 24, 2018
backstabbing and unfair treatment among employees. worst HR dept ever. Alot of employees are leaving..age discrimation happen alot. Employees feel under valued, unappreciated except for a few that are given special treatment
Great place to work where creativity and initiative was incouraged.
Branch Manager / Boom Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, IDApril 2, 2018
Hartung is a family owned glass fabricator with facilities in Canada, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, California, Texas, and Colorado. Hartung Glass Industries is one of the largest glass fabricators on the west coast.
Excellent job security
Laborer and truck loader (Former Employee) –  Burien, WAMarch 28, 2018
A typical day was loading, unloading, filling orders and shipping
I learned hard work team work with good job ethics, multi tasking. great communication.
Management was excellent
worked with men and women of different ethnic and background.
The hardest part was the heavy lifting .
The most enjoyable was having the freedom to do your job in a relaxing atmosphere.
benefits
Cons
sometimes heavy lifting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hartung Glass Industries. Our community is ready to answer.