Hartwick College Employee Reviews

college job
Assistant Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYMay 24, 2018
As a college work study job it was acceptable. I would have loved more hands on training experience but never received it. I wanted to be more proactive in the care and learn more about what the athletic trainers do. Even through observation.
It was a good and valued time.
Night Host (Current Employee) –  Oneonta, NYApril 30, 2018
It was a good experience. This was a work-study job. iI am still a night host, not a receptionist. The receptionist job made me uncomfortable therefore I quit it.
Great College Job
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYMarch 7, 2018
I really enjoyed the job for that it helped as a review of fundamental information in the accounting field. The hours are good and flexible. I free time when no students need help one is free to do personal work.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Very slow pace
Hartwick College
Coordinator of Alumni Support Services (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYFebruary 26, 2018
Fast-paced, detail-oriented job working with collaborative staff. Well-suited for those seeking careers in Academia.The College is well run with many opportunities to advance. Worked in conjunction with many departments to advance Alumni events in geographic areas around the Country.
Technical Assistant for the Physics Dept.
Technical Assistant for the Physics Dept (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYDecember 20, 2017
I really loved my position of Technical Assistant for the Physics
Dept. All members of the department worked as a whole
and this is a rewarding aspect. Once I complected my Monday
morning duties of setting up Lab experiments when classes are
in session and carting out the wonder and dead I was pretty
much allowed to undertake my own course of study. I have made
holograms, CO2 laser, Argon laser, Tesla Coil and ION accelerator.
I also enjoyed assisting the Biology and Chemistry Dept. in repairing Autoclaves, Incubators, Muffin Furnace and everything that would save money.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Salary
Head Women's Soccer Coach
Head Women's Soccer Coach (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYAugust 17, 2017
Responsible for the organization and running of a competitive Division III women's soccer program. Structuring a balanced schedule for student athletes, while working within the NCAA rules.
Tough place to work
Asst Swimming & Diving Coach (Men/Women) (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYJuly 26, 2017
Work environemtn could be ok, but typically the rules/regulations were tough to understanding and it was a very highly micro-managed organization. Difficult to show initiative.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Hours, management
Great place
Assistant Equipment Manager (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYJune 2, 2017
Great people and great environment. I worked here during my time as a student and any job I did (mostly involving athletics) was fun and enjoyable. I recommend any student to apply for work study.
n/a
Instructor of Music (Current Employee) –  Oneonta, NYJune 2, 2017
This job is wonderful. I could not ask for a more inviting environment in which to work. The faculty, staff, and students are a joy to be around and I look forward to working here for a long time.
great school
Student Associate (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYMay 31, 2017
Amazing place to receive your education and to work there as a work study student. I got my degree at Hartwick college and I worked for the PSGE center and gained a lot of good experiences
Typical Work
Hartwick Overnight host (Current Employee) –  Oneonta, NYApril 21, 2017
A typical day at work includes making phone calls to past and current parents, alumni ,a nd any individuals who may be associated with the college to inform them about the hartwick fund and raise money. Other aspects include sending information about alumni/ fundraising events.
Flexible and Supportive work environment
Campus Peer Counselor (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYDecember 9, 2016
The work study program worked well with students in allowing flexible schedules to fit work and school. The management was always friendly and understanding.
Productive, consistent, flexible work environment
lifeguard and instructor (Current Employee) –  Oneonta, NYOctober 25, 2016
Each day I would coach swim practices for ages 4-18. I would organize and instruct swim lessons for ages 3-8 during the day while lifeguarding the pool in between sessions. I would create the weekly schedules and reconcile employee hours with their weekly pay.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low pay
Music all around
Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYAugust 4, 2016
Working for the music department was always much fun, but also much work around concert time. There is lifting and pushing of very heavy items, but there is always someone to help.
productive and fun work place
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  OneontaJune 9, 2016
volunteer work helped build experience for future. good volunteer work to have on the side whilst at university and playing football for the college.
Fun environment
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Oneonta, NYApril 27, 2016
The Hartwick College Swim team made the work environment very enjoyable. The assistant and head coach of the team are the two whom I worked very closely with and they were always there to brighten my day. However, because this was only a work study job there was no way of advancement, but they did allow me to pick up other tasks to make a little extra and even offered a summer job. The environment for which they facilitate work is one that is enjoyable for anyone and everyone.
Great experience.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYApril 12, 2016
This was a work study job so they were very lenient with balancing work and school. The work I was doing was a combination of busy work and research for her department. Overall, it was a nice office job with nice people.
Pros
Worked with me to balance work and school.
Cons
Not enough hours, limited by financial aid.
Customers
Cashier, Service Desk (Former Employee) –  Walton, NYDecember 30, 2015
This was at the Walton Big M. I enjoyed meeting the customers and working with them. Each day was different. Sometimes a customer would be difficult but I would still smile and give them good service. I enjoyed working behind the service desk the best.
I owned and operated this company.
DJ (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYSeptember 30, 2015
After being a courier for several companies over several years, I decided to own my own business. it was a hard job and eventually I broke up the company and sold it. Traffic in the Washington Metropolitan area grew to heavy to successfully operate a stat courier service.
Pros
Super fabulous money
Cons
Sometimes I had to work 20 hours daily.
Relaxed, yet productive atmosphere
Writing Center Tutor (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYSeptember 14, 2015
Working for the Hartwick writing center as a tutor was great. I did it for several hours every week. It was a great way to build my own skills as an English major and have a way to make money that didn't take as much time away from my studies as a normal job would. I taught a class that prepared first year students for Composition and also took walk-ins and helped students with different papers and projects.The hardest part of the job was working with students who were disrespectful towards me or who didn't take the class seriously, but overall it was a rewarding and enjoyable experience.