Harvard Maintenance, Inc. Employee Reviews

Horrible office culture and communication
Former office employee (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILFebruary 17, 2019
From corporate to the local offices, upper management is unprofessional when it comes to privacy, professionalism and communication. The employee turnover is high. In this business it is normal, but not in an office setting. HR department cannot keep a soul longer than a year. They lack in bringing up the office morale. This company doesn’t even provide yearly reviews. Goes without saying that there’s any advancement within. They would rather hire from the outside than promote within. Those that do get promoted is because they’re of a certain ethnic background lacking the experience or better yet, the ability of speaking in English to communicate with the customers. There are descrimination cases with the Union against management, but they’re all brushed off and not dealt with in the company with proper disciplinary action. Instead, they’d rather fire the complaintant.
Pros
People leave on time
Cons
Lack of yearly raises
Disorganized and Money Hungry
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2019
I was in Management, VP could never get my accounts budget correct but always told me I was negative(when it was positive). No one in upper Management knows how to run an account other than trying to cut the budget. Poor client relationships and disorganization caused them to lose over 2 dozen accounts and they still cant figure out what they are doing wrong. A bunch of Keystone Cops in charge of some very lucrative accounts.
Pros
Good vacation benefits
I love the work environment
Janitor/Maintenance-Part Time (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2019
It’s a cool work place, I love the environment and the work I do. The people there are helpful and caring. I love the fact if we work like we need to we get benifits.. AMAZING
Pros
Vending machine
Cons
Restroom
Fair work load
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 28, 2018
A typical day at work site is stress free, the team works in a culture of help and cooperation. The company 's management is always willing to help to fix problems such as mistakes with payroll, days off, etc
Pros
Health insurance, paid days off
Cons
No dental insurance
Unhappy with management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 14, 2019
Unhappy with the manager. Had favorites gave some people the load of the work while others did barely any work. Would not recommend at all pay is also low and no benefits.
Great place to learn.
Porterrter/ Utility Person (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2018
Great place to start in the facility operations field in the NYC area, good people and cool work environments, flexible hours and good management team.
Not a good place to work.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILOctober 3, 2018
Management dont pay all of your hours work. You sometimes have to wait 2 weeks to get the rest of your pay. Managers blame the employees for their wrong doings. They dont give you enough supplies. They say they will place you in a permanent spot (building) yet they move you to diff buildings. Not all their positions are Union based, even thou they tell you that. Too many affairs going on between management and employees rather not be involved with that.
Pros
Cons
Dont pay all your check. Disrespectful employees between management
Harvard employment
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, ILApril 25, 2018
As a former employee of harvard maintenance, I believe it is an exceptional environment for work experience. I liked the competitive side as well as the fast paced work.
Pros
Fast paced, competitive, work experience
Cons
Management failure to pay on time
Great first job
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  West Falmouth Corner, MEJanuary 22, 2019
Harvard Maintenance is a great first job. Ten dollars an hour is a great wage for someone with little to no experience. It was a great opportunity to gain experience for future jobs.
rate 5/10
Janitor/Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 21, 2018
It's easy to apply and start to work but the salary is low, i recommend work here if you are so needed and to do some extra money in the nights but like main job is not good.
I enjoyed the experisence
Floor crew (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKDecember 11, 2018
I loved working at Harvard it help me expand my outlook on jobs. I would go to work at 4pm and get off at 1:30an I didn't much like the hours but the work at my job keep me busy and foced
Pros
Early breaks
Cons
Long hrs
work
jonsoms wax (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 23, 2019
este trabajo trabajo es bueno tienen que mejorar el profecinalismo de maneger cultura es Buena todos tenemos derecho a expresar nuestras inquietudes es un trabajo en riesgo
Pros
friends
Cons
no good friend
bueno
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 18, 2019
En terminos generales una buena conpañia, legal, responsable y buen ambiente laboral
Pros
Cons
si
working at Harvard Maintenance, inc
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 1, 2019
I personally loved working with Harvard maintenance, inc. There's nobody standing over your shoulder and I like the fact you can clean at your own paste. I think the pay could be better due to experience of cleaning a person has but other then that everything was good even the supervisor.
Pros
more pay
discrimination
Cleaner/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 11, 2018
This company is a Local 1 union for the buildings they are under BOMA and is claiming no discrimination,but it is not true
Would not recommend anyone to work for them.Worst Union company ever
corrupted management
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJanuary 7, 2018
no advancement for hard working people if you are not part of the club
the management more interested in self promotion than company future. no support from the management.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
stressful environment not related to work
Ok place if you need work
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 10, 2018
Alot of drama with employers manager is not perfesonal does not give you supplies when needed to get the job done supervisors are not trained right to handle the job
Pros
Ok job
Cons
Poor managment
Large corporation with various office locations
Front Desk Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2018
Assisted with payroll duties, answered all incoming calls, processed job applications for part-time employees, managed employees schedules and time cards.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short lunch breaks
Relaxing
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILOctober 10, 2018
Very relaxed place to work at.
Meet new people.
The hardest was learning new places.
Trying to plase the customer with great costumer service.
Would recommend to work their.
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
Not enough hours
It stressful
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 31, 2018
Its stressful but should pay more for all the things the employees do. Its alot of floors to do with a minimum wage. They never pick up the phone either. But if your looking for a part time its good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harvard Maintenance, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.