Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Employee Reviews

Typical corporate environment, you’re just a number with no meaning.
Individual Member Representative (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MANovember 5, 2018
Meet metrics or hit the bricks. Follow all protocols and policies or fall victim to HR! They will let you work from home after you meet metrics. Which is next to impossible
Pros
Paid time off. 401k matching 4%
Cons
Strict policies
Fast paced fun environment with a lot of great people
Claims analyst/processor (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAOctober 22, 2018
Harvard pilgrim was a great place to work. My job was very interesting and fast paced and the people I worked with were great and very diverse. My manager had an open door policy and was always willing to help and support me.
Poorly managed Healthcare benefits administrative
Enterprise Security Architect (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAOctober 18, 2018
Harvard Pilgrim went into receivership under the state of MA in 1999 - much of the mgmt present during that period were allowed to remain managing the company, and Ross Perot was brought in to manage the IT services of the company. This poor level of mgmt. were maintained until Perot systems were purchased by Dell, upon which IT languished again. While there are many good people there - they are inexperienced in their roles, and follow closely the examples set out in the model of the Peter Principle.
No one is really running the company
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAOctober 1, 2018
Good workers but management is totally lost. Hiring senior management people who quit in one year or are fired in less than 2 years. Management is shuffled and re-shuffled. Decisions are always reactionary, confused, sneaky.Benefits have been severely cut with no honest, forthright communication at all. Company is treading water and has lost its identity.
It was a great place to work . Worked hard and played hard
Linux Platform Engineer (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAAugust 13, 2018
It was a great company and I worked hard and learned and taught
other group as well. people in the also worked hard and played hard as well . When systems went down I needed to get them working ASAP.
Pros
Good culture and place to work
Cons
A lot of pressure from Management
Great place to start a career
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAJuly 26, 2018
I’ve never worked in a corporate setting before and HP gave me the chance and I will forever be thankful for that. I would recommend HP to anyone and everyone.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Very high volume work
Great
Senior Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJune 7, 2018
Great place to work. Advancement is possible within member services and the company. It might get a little clicky but that won't stop you from doing your job. Orientation period is thorough and a lot of information is learned.
Great Company to work for!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAMay 6, 2018
As a member service representative you are starting at an entry level. That can be a good and a bad thing, it's good because you learn a little bit about every department. The bad is turn over is high because it's competitive to move up in the company. This company has amazing benefits with all the time off and health care but it's a huge department and it can actually be difficult to take the days you want/need off. Even though you're hourly you're basically on salary because there is no unpaid time off which is a good and bad thing. The other thing that's tough is 40 hours of unpaid time off, it seems like a lot but it's hard if you have children and medical issues. Overall the job is good, it's pretty easy you answer the phone and if you need to open service requests for members. The only thing that can be difficult is the escalated members which I think in this position the start rate should be higher because you do deal with a lot of angry people.
Pros
hour lunch, benefits, time off, friendly staff
Cons
competitive, pay, angry consumers
Productivity was a priority
Enrollment Associate, (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAApril 26, 2018
Working for Harvard Pilgrim ten years ago was very rewarding my work day consisted of researching applicants information in the Medicare data base. this was the First Seniority Insurance, where the applicants had to have Medicare part A & B to be insured .

The most difficult part of this job was when Medicare part D was first implemented and it was very difficult to explained it to the senior members because we were not given a clear explanation from Mass health our selves.This was a very stressful time for the company.

Management really worked hard to get us the information and training we needed to helped the members through this period.
Pros
Helping an elderly member being reinstated so they can keep they doctors appointments
Cons
Having to informed a member who is at the doctors office, that they insurance is terminated, and i could not help them.
Stressful Healthcare environment
Senior RFP Proposal Coordinator/Process Leader (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAApril 19, 2018
Right now, working in the field of healthcare is very stressful. In Massachusetts the healthcare market is very competitive and with the constant changes occurring in this market, the stress on employees is palpable. That being said, Harvard Pilgrim has a very progressive HR policy and from a culture point of view this is a very nice place to work,
Pros
progressive work/life balance
Cons
very competitive stressful market
Excellent Environment
Project Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAApril 9, 2018
I enjoyed my time there, the people were supportive and caring. I would highly recommend them as an employer. This position was for an internship, however they allowed me to learn and grow and gain new skills in a professional setting.
Friendly working environment
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAApril 2, 2018
I like the company's endeavor to cultivate a culture of corporate citizenship. Staff involvement in community giveback is very much encouraged. Majority of the coworkers are friendly and helpful.
Pros
flexibility in working hours
Cons
heavy workload
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - the best place I have ever worked.
DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAMarch 25, 2018
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care prides themselves in being the best in the industry, not only in customer service but also in ensuring their employees are highly satisfied. They cultivate a collaborative environment and engage their employees to drive to excellence. I would highly recommend Harvard Pilgrim as a place to work.
Educational and Rewarding
Biometric Screening Subcontractor (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 19, 2018
Educational and Rewarding
Exceptionally customer friendly
Professional atmosphere
Notable management style
Enjoyable work days/hours
Overall exceptional business
great company
SR. Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAFebruary 8, 2018
good people, supportive, great ways to climb the corporate ladder. Supervisors were always available. Low wall cubicles for better communication in the office
Respectful / Supportive place to work
Utilization Management Nurse (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJanuary 21, 2018
Leadership was supportive, respectful. Company was transparent, innovative. Newest innovation for employees was to establish "open vacation time". Only left d/t relocation to another state.
Work life balance
Senior Marketing Strategist (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 4, 2018
The ability to work remotely at any given time, matched with unlimited paid time off and incredible senior management make for a great work environment and outstanding work life balance.
Great job, learned alot, made lasting friendships
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MADecember 8, 2017
I liked the variety, never minded the travel and was open to any changes that came along. I started as a temp and quickly moved over to full time, I covered many positions and learned along the way. I am a better Nurse Care Manager because of my time at Harvard Pilgrim.
Pros
Supportive teams
Harvard Pilgrim
Broker Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MADecember 6, 2017
Good place to work and good coworkers. Very quiet, comfortable atmosphere but freezing in summer. Everyone is friendly and respectful. Very open and understandable when it came to family matters.
Harvard Pilgrim Health care
Medicare Advantage Customer services supervisor (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MANovember 13, 2017
Harvard pilgrim is a great place to work, It is a nonprofit marginalization. The company is great all of the Employees are great. My only concern is room fro growth. you can quickly move around with in the call center but the opportunity to grow in other departments are slim.
Pros
Very friendly place to work
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harvard Pilgrim Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight