Harvard University Employee Reviews

A cool place to say you work at
Product Manager - Student Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 17, 2018
Harvard has is so big, there's a place for anybody to find what they're looking for. The managers I worked for over my 13 years there encouraged learning and taking training opportunities whenever available.
Pros
Education
Great please to work
Staff Assistant, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 16, 2018
Great co workers great management and just a great environment. Had no problem with coming in to work and not only having fun but taking care of business.
Harvard
Account Manager Securitas Security USA (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 9, 2018
Excellent workplace atmosphere. Expectations are high. Very easy transportation to and from. Excellent benifits and human resources department. Overall an excellent place to work.
Great Institution
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 4, 2018
Very stimulating and amazing opportunity to take degree courses for very little money. There is room for growth and they are very transparent about job grades and salaries.
Very supportive and rewarding
Assistant Director, Donor Engagement and Events (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 3, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Harvard. Because my position was based in Los Angeles, I worked pretty much unsupervised. I was encouraged to let me creativity flow when planning events and was recognized for a job well done. I learned most of my event planning skills while I was there as I was promoted into the position. Harvard paid for course on event planning as well as joining event planning organizations.
Interesting Job
Social Chair (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 25, 2018
Its is a volunteering job, but it helped me to get experience in social area that I really like (organizing events, make people get together).
A typical day at work would be thinking of new events ideas and when to take them place, looking for different venues, and organize everything involving the events. It is a collaborative job where you meet new people.
my experience at Harvard University
Finance Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 21, 2018
My experience at Harvard University was the best experience of my life. I learned so many things from so many people. I enjoyed working with international students.
My Experience at Harvard
Finance Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  appian wayJune 21, 2018
Working at Harvard University was amazing time period in my life.
I learned so many thing and worked with international students.
I was a Finance administrative assistant for 2 years and I experienced and learned so much.
The Culture
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 21, 2018
I would have appreciated given a chance to stay on (permanently) at my last assignment, I jumped in on a moments notice when they needed someone. It's not about what you know, it's about who you know!!
Pros
Learned a lot about the policies and procdures
Simply Hard work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  MichiganJune 15, 2018
They are ambitious as to what they want done and how long it should take, but they give you the autonomy to get it done.

The pay and benefits are very nice in comparison to other similar companies.
Harvard, the oldest institution of higher learning in the US, is a great place to work!
Department Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 13, 2018
Harvard provides opportunities to many people. Even people without degrees have opportunities here. However, you better have your A game prepared if you want to be hired because as they will tell you it is harder to get hired at Harvard than be accepted to the University.
Pros
many
Cons
the commute and bycylist in Harvard Square
Senior Programs Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 13, 2018
Harvard was one of my eye opening experiences. It was great working there and stressful. I felt judged working there from day one. Food in cafe is pricey. But students were friendly.
Pros
Taking classes
Cons
Very black and white
good job
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 11, 2018
poor management, no direct leadership in specific department worked in.
relaxed work environment
good benefits
great people to work with, enjoyed my time there
Productive, competitive and good benefits
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 8, 2018
Conducting research under the supervision and direction of the Principal Investigator.
Supporting the Principal Investigator and research group in the design and development of the research program.
Presentation of project results to internal and external parties.
The Crimson Challenge
Data coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 6, 2018
Right off, I've given Harvard a glowing review but it's not monolithic and it's important that people know that culture will vary from department to department.

My years at Alumni Records were fruitful and fun, replete with cross-university collaboration and a great team. My time at Harvard Medical School was challenging and oftentimes demanding with a more insular quality.

The learning never stopped; I was able to grow my SQL skills, broaden my database experience and refine approaches to project management.

My managers in both areas were excellent and provided environments for greater learning and responsibility.
Pros
Tuition assistance, union support, brilliant benefits including: generous vacation plans and personal time off, a variety of insurance plans for coverag (all of them good), 403B (not 401K), extensive resources and support for advancement
Cons
none come to mind, honestly
Excellent institution with tremendous resources and support
Grant Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 1, 2018
the workplace culture is supportive, a typical day of work is smoothly handled due to the experienced people working there. I learned that if you're willing to work for advancement, this institution is willing to give you the tools to do so.
Pros
tremendous resources
Cons
salary can start out low, and monetary increases were somewhat low.
Can be a productive and fun place to work.
Associate Director of Program Management Office (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 1, 2018
IT is going through massive change with a number of layoffs. This environment is tough to thrive in with so much change and little direction. Also, the amount of churn has substantially increased.
benefits
Cons
little vision
Okay
IT and AV Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 29, 2018
There was a lot of politics at this job. This was disappointing because the people are so great to work with asides that. It's not for everyone, but if it's for you, then go ahead
Great place to work w/ amazing benefits
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 22, 2018
Great place to work with amazing benefits. Vacation, sick, and personal leave is extremely generous. Many positions are protected by the Union, which renegotiates contracts every few years.
Great institution
Graduate Student Mentor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 19, 2018
Nice opportunity to work with students new to my grad program. Not as structured a program as it could have been, nut a very accommodating staff and no shortage of resources.
Pros
Meeting fellow accomplished educators.
Cons
Not too structured.