Harvest Productions

Harvest Productions Employee Reviews

Knowledgeable
You learn so much about what all goes into a concert in so little time. You get see everything that goes into setting up an event it was great. Had a blast and made some great connections.
Pros
So much to learn, met some amazing people, and some famous people
Cons
Long hours, little pay, stressful, time Crunch
Challenging, fast paced, ever changing work
Harvest is probably one of the most challenging companies I have ever worked for. I have gained more life and job experience from here than I ever could of imagined. Stressful? yes, the live event industry is. Weird long hours are expected with live events, but thats what event people do. The people at Harvest are some of the best in the industry and the connections I've made have set me up for life- even beyond this company. Top notch equipment that is constantly updated to challenge any professional or green graduate looking to grow. Most of the event work is in Kansas City, but there are travel opportunities as well- including international travel. If you want to push yourself and enjoy a challenge, and want a more than supportive family like team, Harvest is the place for you. There is plenty of growth opportunity at this company if you make it- it's all individual based on how hungry you are.
Pros
challenging, travel, gear, family like team, personal growth, if your a live event person- this place is for you
Cons
long hours, not a set schedule, not for everyone
Fun Collaborative Group
I enjoyed the culture of this company. The networking opportunities are unmatched. Had I not had to enroll in school, I would have stayed and continued to further my career here.
Terrible
You better hope they like you, otherwise your experience is going to be terrible. Upper management plays favorites and works their employees to death. They have one person doing 2-3 people's jobs and they promise help, but never hire anyone or give it.
Fun, demanding, and fast paced workplace in the fine art industry
A typical workday at Harvest Productions would begin 8:00am and end at around 6:30pm monday through friday. A required daily production meeting took place every weekday at 8:30am. Saturdays were a frequent required work day, from 7:00am until 12:00pm. Learning new skills was a consistant edeavor because of the constant evolution of technologies and changing trends in the art market. The work atmosphere was generally casual and employees were free to dress as they liked as long as it was appropriate for the duties required by their position. One of the most challenging aspects of working in prepress was multiple daily critiques of your work by artists, publishers, and your peers. It was a vital part of the job as you must obtain approval of the proofing in order to begin the production process. While working at Harvest could be highly stressful, it was just as rewarding.
Pros
working with art and artists.
Cons
could be stressful. very little time off.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harvest Productions. Our community is ready to answer.
Harvest Productions Reviews by Location