Harvey Building Products

Harvey Building Products Employee Reviews

Harvey's recently split (Lansing Building Products[National] and Harvey[Harvey, Thermo-Tech, SoftLite, Northeast Building]), both parent companies are benefitting from more meaningful team management, accountability, and adaptability.
i love work for harvey, great plant manager he is a real coach, friendly people I weak up exited because I'm going to work......................................
Harvey industries creates a culture for people to stab people in the back there is no room to advance in the company due to the latest management that’s been hired the place has become very dirty trash overflowing machinery breaks down every day you work 10 hour days mandatory get one 15 minute break one 25 minute lunch That’s it
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Mandatory 10 hour days one break 25 minute lunch
management is terrible and will stab you in the back. Benefits were stripped and no 401k match. Attendance policy sucks and so does the pay. WORK SOMEWHERE ELSE.
Pros
Cons
the whole company
The place is horrible. They stick you in a warehouse as a driver and you never go out. Everyone's out for your throat. management really sucks. Run...
Pros
You're out at 3 or 4 everyday
Cons
Pretty much everything
Job seekers rely on your experience.
This company does not care about its employees. They care about sucking the soul from a one family owned company, for profit. Owner does not care about anything but money.
Cons
-Good The hours are Great. The pay is decent. The benefits are a strong "ok". I am always learning how to do new things. My co-workers are grumpy but Fantastic. I like the feeling I get when we accomplish our goal as a team. -Bad Lack of communication among the management team.Lack of communication between Shifts. Machines are always breaking. Lack of organization when machines break. Since i started, there has been 4 different area managers for my line alone, and 3 different Plant Managers. I don't feel secure about the company's existence. Harvey's did not respond well to the Corona virus shutdown. They made no changes to ensure employees safety and provided no PPE until our first positive case. Our one positive turned into eight positive within four days.We received no extra time off and no hazard pay. We must use our sick days if we become sick with Covid19. I worry about the safety and health for my family.
muy Buena empresa me siento orgulloso de haber sido parte de Harvey building producto in Darmouth m.a
Area managers don’t Care about employees they only worry about making numbers ! Place doesn’t appreciate you do .7they don’t care if your dying in the hospital you still should have been at work place is ridiculous
great place to work.. friendly people .. not so clean environment.. convenient location.. hot in summer.. lot of physical work.. slow times create lack of work days
I learned a lot while working with them, because they train you how to use the machines. You have to be fast doing your job and you don’t have time to rest. This job requires a lot of energy.
A lot of organizational change happening. Communication problems at the management levels. Good group of people, but the stress of being understaffed and unheard led to underlying tensions in the team. Learned a lot from co-workers, but not enough formal training. Enjoyed meeting new people and seeing how the business operations were handled.
This company is nothing but a joke, top management does nothing but lie to employees. They don’t treat people good at all and many managers with 10/15 yrs have been let go.. that’s not how you treat people.
Not to bad of a place .i like it there.great guys to work with.its not to stressfull.you meet great people there. Some days you are really busy.some days your not.
I've been with Harvey for 10+ years and have seen a lot of great things happen for the employees and our customers. We are changing some of our business processes to ensure we stay competitive. Lots of opportunity to share my ideas.
Pros
Great benefits, friendly people, great products, awesome customers
Would not recommend if you want to have a life! The only good thing is the pay n some of the benefits. The moral is not very good n has not been for a couple of years!
Good benefits and lots of amazing people to work with. Management is terrible! No advancement unless you know someone... Customer Service is a joke!
Harvey factory is fast paced. There is room to grow and get promoted if you are a good worker who wants to succeed. the managers push the workers but also treat employees with respect. There is overtime when busy.
Pros
clean factory, good managers and communication
Cons
fast paced and sometimes stressful
Upper management does not care about you nor do they listen to their employees who interact with customer base during the day to day operations STAY FAR AWAY
Pros
Hmmm
Cons
A lot of them
On an assembly line it all depends on who you work for and I went from the most chill supervisor in the building to the strictest and the strict one wasnt exactly good at his job the work it self wasnt bad cause you're surrounded by good people all day so that's a plus and benefits were decent in the summer it got extremely hot so drink lots of water
Pros
Good enviroment and decent benefits
Cons
Long hours in the summer and very hot in the warehouse
Harvey Building Products has and is going through a period of transformation and modernization with respect to how it manufactures, partners with internal & external clients, and does business. Senior Leadership keeps employees well informed of changes and progress while providing an opportunity for employees to provide feedback and suggestions to assist in the transformation. With the transformation and growth there are a lot of promotional opportunities for both hourly and salaried employees. Overall, Harvey is a great place to work and I would recommend it as a company to apply to.
Pros
Culture, Compensation, & Senior Leadership