Harveys Employee Review

Cashiers and the customers make the day enjoyable.
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAOctober 16, 2013
A typical day at work consist of opening the office and counting down all the tills at closing. The customers and the co-workers (not the upper management, "store manager" and "assistant manager") make the job enjoyable. What I have learned about this company is that they will tell you one thing to get you in the door but then "lie" and not go through with their promises just to get you hired making you think that you have a good chance for advancing your career. The store manger is real good at this and this can be verified by a lot of the other co-workers at the store. *example* "there was a Position that opened up and the store manager promised this position to at least 6 other people even though he already had given the position to an employee that he was close to. He then goes on to admit that the only reason why he posted the position was to follow protocol and that by law he had to post the position on-line. These are some of the underhanded practices that go on at Harvey's everyday. There are even some co-workers that have been working there over 5 years and has NEVER had a raise. Please before you apply for this company please do your research. Maybe BI-LO will make some positive changes since they bought them out.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
You will never get a raise! Read the reviews

Other Harveys Employee Reviews

Delicious food great service
BARTENDER-SERVER (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MS 38801January 6, 2018
A typical day at work may include standard service at the bar or any restaurant. I learned some bartending trade. The management is overly friendly, and will help as much as possible. The hardest part of the job is when you get overwhelmed with guests and its a large restaurant. very easy to have too many customers on an extremely busy day, other than that it is a piece of cake. The most enjoyable part is that I like cake.
fun work place
Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GANovember 29, 2017
I enjoyed working at harveys everyone was friendly too me I never had beef with anyone the team work was on point me and the crew kept the squad kept the store up all the time we never slacked off.
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harveys. Our community is ready to answer.