Hasbro, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great work environment
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 6, 2018
Great place to work. I worked in the downtown Providence office and loved the location. Everyone who works there is passionate about their job which is seen top-down.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
not many
Great environment
Account Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RINovember 30, 2018
A fun environment, definitely one of those "chat around the water cooler" places. Hard working people all striving for the same goal. All associates and management knowledgeable and professional.
Pros
Reasonably priced breakfast
Cons
Layoffs ALL THE TIME
Great Company - definitely go work there if you get the chance!
Associate Brand Manager, Nerf (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RINovember 27, 2018
Hasbro does a great job balancing its commitments to its different stakeholders -- for a publicly traded company, a delightfully surprising amount of the conversation is about how to deliver the most value to consumers and how to be a great partner to suppliers, customers, its employees, and the environment.

If you want to go work at a global industry powerhouse that still acts like a scrappy start up, then this is the place for you. My time at Hasbro was fun, inspiring, and rewarding.
Pros
Great workplace culture, good work/life balance, fun brands, decent benefits
Cons
Slow to change, pays slightly under market rate
Kind People
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RINovember 26, 2018
Good company to work for if you like toys. People are passionate about delivering products that bring joy to others. They are flexible with schedules.
Pros
Toys
Cons
Long Hours
Six Sigma Green Belt Intern (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RINovember 13, 2018
Internship was very valuable. As I worked there I gained valuable experience while working with an engaging team. I was able to complete my Six Sigma Green Belt.
Great place to work.
Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandNovember 12, 2018
Hasbro was such an amazing place to work. People were very passionate about the work that they did, and I was able to work with some amazing people. Don't only think of Hasbro as a brand that you buy toys for your children or you go to watch the movies, but also think of Hasbro as an employer of choice. Believe me, you'd be working with some amazing people.
I worked with a great team.
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 9, 2018
I worked with a team of 12 or more District Managers. The culture of the team was ethical and supportive. We work as one unit the build a effective region of managers.
Pros
Team Members
Cons
Travel
Temping is the new interview
FREELANCE STAFFING AGENCIES (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 25, 2018
Hasbro hired me after 6 people interviewed me. They provided zero training and their idea of on-boarding is having you chase team members around who are trying to do their own jobs. If you haven't caught on to their acronym-speak in a few days, expect visible eye rolling among the team. An example - "we need to put our TCO to have FAR ready for HFE." ok - HFE is Hasbro Far East... FAR is final art release. But TCO? Tools? No. that's "thinking caps on".
Pros
food in building
Cons
unsafe museum to toys - crowded aisles, firetrap
Just another company
Product Designer (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIOctober 15, 2018
Nothing much to say, Just another company that feigns compassion for their employees. Take advantage of their benefits and last as long as you can there and then move on to something that will actually fulfill you.
Pros
very competitive wages and benefits
Cons
terrible work/task assignment, horrible upper management.
Grato ambiente de trabajo
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLOctober 2, 2018
Grati ambiente laboral conoci muchas amistades y jefes de muy buen trato
Pros
Muchos beneficios y horas de colacion
Cons
El salario no era mucho
Collaborative and Fun Environment
HR professional (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RISeptember 28, 2018
Hasbro was such an amazing place to work. People were very passionate about the work that they did, and I was able to work with some amazing people. Hasbro is such an iconic brand, and even during career fair events, the enthusiasm and passion that came from job seekers as they reminisced about toys they played with as children, made me proud to be a part of an organization such as Hasbro. Don't only think of Hasbro as a brand that you buy toys for your children or you go to watch the movies, but also think of Hasbro as an employer of choice. Believe me, you'd be working with some amazing people!
Pros
Competitive Pay, Passionate People, Collaborative Environment, Amazing Brand, Fun
Cons
Some are a little resistant towards change, but they are working on that, which is good
Low Pay
Employee (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CASeptember 11, 2018
Hasbro pays well below the local salary average for any given position. Employee structure is rigid--paid for title, not for responsibilities or accomplishments. When asked about the opportunity to renegotiate salary, the response was "the only way your wage can increase here is if you get a promotion." The problem is, managers are getting promoted to Director-level positions left and right while junior staff are stuck in the mud. Too many Seniors, Managers and Directors. Hardly any Associates.
Healthcare benefits are horrible and expensive with a very high deductible. It's impossible for anyone below a Manager to plan a family with the low wages, minimal healthcare coverage and high cost of living in this area.
Manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIAugust 23, 2018
Hasbro can be great company to work for. They produce some of the most recognizable brands in the industry, and are always looking for the next big thing.
Pros
Good pay and bennifits, Work/live balance is managable as long as you have very good time management skills.
Cons
They will not care about your hard work or sacrifice. You can/will be laid off
Workplace Culture
EDITOR & CREATIVE (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIAugust 22, 2018
It's a generally fun place to work. The subject matter is fun and employees seem really happy. There are a lot of family activities and half-day Friday are always appreciated.
Excellent
Consumer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIAugust 19, 2018
There were a few questions I couldn't speak to because I was a seasonal contracted employee, however, the reason I am no longer with the company is people don't leave the company until retirement. Every company has their shortcomings, but this company had very few. If you're involved, present, and timely then you won't have any issues working for this company and promotion from within is strong. Since they are a toy company and very involved in charity work, you feel good about going to work daily. Great place, great people!
Loved working at Hasbro
Product Designer (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIAugust 14, 2018
I loved working at Hasbro, it has an old world company mentality where they really do care about their employees and know they have very talented people working for them.
Pros
Great atmosphere, very creative
Cons
Hard to advance
stressful
Team Lead & Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIAugust 8, 2018
the company is great the consumer finance dept is not.
the company is the best in Rhode Island but their consumer finance dept has the worst manager and dept heads ever. if someone has been at this company for more then 7 years they think they own the place and treat anyone coming in like they are unwelcomed.
Pros
company is great
Cons
consumer finance dept is a horror
Hours very inconsistent
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 22, 2018
During the Holidays, hours were Full Time, some weeks, more than Full Time. Hours right now are 1 week, 1 day a week; next week, 2 days a week. Just very inconsistent not knowing when I will have hours to work.
Very nice place to work
GLOBAL PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 11, 2018
Working at Hasbro was a great experience. It is a very professional place with high work ethic standard.
People are helpful and it feels as a place where you can be yourself while also gaining knowledge in the process
Pros
great company and benefits
Great place
Associate Graphics Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIJuly 11, 2018
Hasbro is a nice place to work. They have a lot to offer, and good benefits. They have a nice job culture too. Some of their management could use some room for improvement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hasbro, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

2.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.