Hasbro, Inc. Employee Reviews

It was a good part time job
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 7, 2019
Conducted store visits to big box retailers. Utilized hand held devices to check inventory and ensure shelves are full.

I feel eventually this position will be out sourced to a third party.
Pros
good 401K and PTO
Cons
Hours fluctuate
Great opportunity for cross-functional marketing training & advancement.
Vice President, Omnichannel Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 4, 2019
Hasbro gives employees a great opportunity for a rewarding career - with day to day challenges coupled with a strong financial foundation and a clear mission.
You WANT to work here :)
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIJanuary 25, 2019
Hasbro is an amazing place to work. How can you be unhappy surrounded by toys? :) Seriously though, the management was also very organized, determined, always looked out for their employees, and I never felt out of place. Can't beat the half-day Fridays (made up by working a little over 8 hours Monday through Thursday), and benefits are great. I was there for a few years and had no complaints. Have been trying to get back in ever since (with Software Development degree now).
Great Place to Work
Project Coordinator, Global Communications (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIJanuary 21, 2019
I was a temp employee for one year with the company. Everyone is great and they really help you develop. Can't say enough about this company. Had it not been for a contract, I would have stayed there.
Pros
Culture, benefits, free movies, givaways
Cons
70% of the employees are contract.
Fun and Challenging
Design Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIJanuary 16, 2019
While working at Hasbro, I was challenged to use my design skills in CAD to develop products. This involved prototyping designs to test and debug problems.
Great work environment, funny place, human focused
Associate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Korea, KYJanuary 13, 2019
Great work environment like flexible working hours, great culture, great people.
Hasbro employees really want to make the toys vey safe and cheaper for children.
I was very happy to work in Hasbro.
Great Place
Merchandiser/ seasonal (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 11, 2019
a great place to work and a great company they showed you everything. went to different location. and it was great working with the store. great place to go home
Fun and rewarding
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIJanuary 2, 2019
Working for Hasbro was a fun job, the people I worked with were team players and we all worked well together. My job included working on excel spreadsheets for the sales people who sold toys to Kmart Headquarters. We also worked on setting up planograms with the Kmart buyers. I really enjoyed seeing the results of our toy sales during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. My previous advertising experience greatly benefited my job position with Hasbro.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Traveling
Not the best first job, but I would go back
Play-Doh Product Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIDecember 30, 2018
This was my first internship, so the corporate structure was a bit of a shock as it was a toy company. Looking back, however, there was definitely alot of awesome opportunities. Maybe not a place I would stay for a long time, but a cool experience nonetheless.
Pros
Intern program
Cons
Cubicles
intern
Project Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIDecember 26, 2018
It was a great company to work. I did my internship there.
I enjoyed Hasbro
IT Project Manager, Digital Technology (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIDecember 18, 2018
I enjoyed the work/family balance at Hasbro. My colleagues were very friendly.

There is a hierarchical and 'theoretical' style there that limits innovation
my 'team lead' was wonderful. Manager was demanding but allowed you to govern your work.
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  E Providence, RIDecember 10, 2018
Conditions have changed at Hasbro since I left and cannot claim that this culture exists today.
Systems were upgraded and the learning curve was steep.
New chiefs added. Important Indians laid off.
Pros
Free coffee, tea, cocoa, bonus yearly, awesome Xmas party, transparency and the most philanthropic company I ever worked for. EVERY FRIDAY HALF DAY.
Cons
Lunch break was short - couldn't go out to lunch [time] early start, late end to day
Extremely Fluid
Emerging Market Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIDecember 7, 2018
If you enjoy fast paced fun...this is the place for you.
The co-workers are the best...you will not fail. Can't beat the community involvement and being proud of where you work.
Great work environment
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 6, 2018
Great place to work. I worked in the downtown Providence office and loved the location. Everyone who works there is passionate about their job which is seen top-down.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
not many
The Titanic after hitting the iceberg
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Renton, WADecember 3, 2018
• Extremely dysfunctional company that continually makes poor business decisions and refuses to listen to it's core customer base.

• Negative corporate culture where people regularly throw co-workers under the buss and undermine one another to keep from getting into trouble or to get ahead.

• Pay is well below the Seattle market, especially when you account for the stock options and bonuses provided by other local employers.

• Health insurance choices are poor in comparison to other employers.
Pros
Hay-Day Fridays (sometimes), free product (but less than it used to be)
Cons
The corporate culture is one of politics, infighting, and sabotage and will leave you with PTSD.
Great environment
Account Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RINovember 30, 2018
A fun environment, definitely one of those "chat around the water cooler" places. Hard working people all striving for the same goal. All associates and management knowledgeable and professional.
Pros
Reasonably priced breakfast
Cons
Layoffs ALL THE TIME
Great Company - definitely go work there if you get the chance!
Associate Brand Manager, Nerf (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RINovember 27, 2018
Hasbro does a great job balancing its commitments to its different stakeholders -- for a publicly traded company, a delightfully surprising amount of the conversation is about how to deliver the most value to consumers and how to be a great partner to suppliers, customers, its employees, and the environment.

If you want to go work at a global industry powerhouse that still acts like a scrappy start up, then this is the place for you. My time at Hasbro was fun, inspiring, and rewarding.
Pros
Great workplace culture, good work/life balance, fun brands, decent benefits
Cons
Slow to change, pays slightly under market rate
Kind People
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RINovember 26, 2018
Good company to work for if you like toys. People are passionate about delivering products that bring joy to others. They are flexible with schedules.
Pros
Toys
Cons
Long Hours
Six Sigma Green Belt Intern (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RINovember 13, 2018
Internship was very valuable. As I worked there I gained valuable experience while working with an engaging team. I was able to complete my Six Sigma Green Belt.
Great place to work.
Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandNovember 12, 2018
Hasbro was such an amazing place to work. People were very passionate about the work that they did, and I was able to work with some amazing people. Don't only think of Hasbro as a brand that you buy toys for your children or you go to watch the movies, but also think of Hasbro as an employer of choice. Believe me, you'd be working with some amazing people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hasbro, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss