Hastings Mutual Insurance Company Employee Review

View all Hastings Mutual Insurance Company reviews

Family-friendly company with small town feel
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Hastings, MIMay 8, 2013
I have worked here for three years and truly appreciate the professional atmosphere that also stresses work-life balance and allows me flexibility when I need it. The people here are great, everyone is friendly and helpful.

Other Hastings Mutual Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Great Organization and Respected Carrier
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hastings, MIMarch 19, 2018
Hastings Mutual has a strong history behind it and a lot of respect in the marketplace. I think they may have rested a bit too much on it but fortunately the leadership is focused on improving their tools and offerings to agents and policyholders. The new website and the ongoing Guidewire implementation are the biggest examples of that focus.

The company, like many, is going through a lot of change, aside from the two projects above. Insurance is an industry with many workers nearing retirement, which means Hastings has seen and will continue to see a large generational shift. I see this as a pro; but there are pockets in the company who are a bit change resistant. I don't think that is an uncommon situation though.

Benefits are decent overall, as is PTO and sick leave offerings. Compensation is average, but nothing super competitive. The bonus potential is there and can be a nice perk as is the 401k match. The cafeteria and onsite gym are nice touches!

The building is VERY dated but fortunately a large renovation project starts mid-2018. This is another example of the company evolving for the better. I recommend HMIC!
Pros
Great/friendly/smart people, not many egos, laid-back environment
Cons
Somewhat change resistant, location *can* be a drawback at times
Experience of working there varies depending on positions.
Cant Say (Current Employee) –  Hastings, MIMarch 18, 2018
8-4:30 typical work day.
45 min lunch, small town limits lunch options
in house cafe with many options
large parking lot with a long walk
very nice people are employed
Pros
employees, cafe, salaried benefits
Cons
small town, which is also a benefit, short lunch period

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hastings Mutual Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Hastings Mutual Insurance Company Reviews by Location