Hatch Stamping Company Employee Reviews

Don't plan your retirement.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fowlerville, MIMarch 12, 2019
It's your typical "turn & burn" temp service contractor. What they're looking for are machines to run machines, but they don't want to fork over the cash to buy an automated tender.
Pros
Paid 18 minute lunch & clean shop.
Cons
Everything except for a paid 18 minute lunch and a clean shop.
not a good place too work
line lead material handler (Former Employee) –  howell michiganMarch 12, 2019
good place to work but if your not a favorite you get screwed high turn over rate one lunch break for 26 minutes safety is a joke no 5s no ci no saftey regulations
Not a good place to work
Quality Auditor/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Lookout Valley, TNMarch 11, 2019
I would not recommend any one to work there, they are crooks, their welds are bad, they let anything go out the door, and they do not give new employees enough training time..
Pros
No pros
Cons
They aren't fair
Great entry into the manufacturing industries
Press Operator/Forklift Operator/Die setter (Current Employee) –  Chelsea, MIFebruary 13, 2019
If you're wanting an entry position with no experience nessecary and want to get paid same wages as people who have been employed for years then hatch is you're company. Not an ideal long term job with few advancements but great for starters.
Not a good company
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 15, 2019
Would not recommend to anyone. Very cut throat cheap company. Would benefit a lot of it happened to be sold and put under new ownership that would do what is nesscary to run a business successfully.
Very bad company.
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Chelsea, MIJanuary 13, 2019
Too many politics in the office. Family is quickly moved up the ladder. Management has no clue. Going thru re-organization now. Pass on any jobs here. Plant Manager in Chelsea does not listen.
Pros
Cons
Terrible place to work
Only the desperate need to apply
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Howell, MIJanuary 9, 2019
This place is fast-paced and has an okay starting pay. They do not provide breaks other than a paid 20 minute lunch where you need to stay on site. For the type of work, the no breaks made for a horrible day. Not sure if not having 15 minute breaks is even legal. No smoking. Parking was basically non-existing. Management treated then workers like dogs and stood there and stared at everyone at all times. It's no wonder they have a high turnover rate. Most workers were bussed in from Flint, probably due to lack of jobs there as well. It's okay for a "get-by" type of job but not for the long-term. If they treated their workers like people I'm sure the environment would be more productive.
Pros
Was close to home
Cons
No breaks aside from a 20 minute paid lunch, poor management, stressful, micromanaged
great
packaging coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chelsea, MIJanuary 9, 2019
hatch stamping is a great place to work at with amazing people and job opportunities. every one is willing to work with whoever even opon disagreements
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Portland, TNJanuary 6, 2019
Hatch is a great place to work, I wish they would have kept me.great people,very clean,room to grow just have to show them you want it. Recommend to anyone with good work ethic.
Pros
Awasome People
Cons
Background check went back too far.
buen ambiente
Operador de maquinas (Former Employee) –  Howell, MIDecember 26, 2018
hacer la produccion.
aprendi a operar un robot de soldadura y a soldar con maquina de hilo.
buena direccion.
lo primero es la seguridad.
aprender a trabajar robot de diferentes lineas.
todo en general.
Pros
seguro medico y beneficios.
Cons
se respira mucho humo de la soldadura.
Pleasant atmosphere, management cares for their employees well being and growth
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MIDecember 17, 2018
Fast paced & high pressure typical in automotive supply
Company is challenged by lack of necessary skilled and professional resources in key areas to support volume of newly awarded work
High turnover rate leading to lack of cooperation between departments
Pros
Good Pay, healthcare
Cons
Wonderful company to work for
CLERK (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MIDecember 10, 2018
I answered the phones there and did computerized filing. I got my check the same day once a week and at the same time before I left work that day. Its a great company with many promotion opportunities.
Pros
Smoke breaks if you need them
Cons
Short lunch
A very fast paste environment poor Management skills
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Howell, MINovember 27, 2018
I work in a very stressfull environment. My co workers were great people to work with. But the goal is to get are numbers which is understandable. But Management would keep increasesing the numbers. And you had to work real fast it was to stressfull for me
Management in MI ran the business not local managers
Quality Supervisor/Engineer (Former Employee) –  Portland, TNNovember 26, 2018
I was hired as a Process QE. Hatch had bought another business, fired almost all of the quality associates and ask me to lead the quality at the new business.
Was asked to resign after I did not meet the company KPI results which I was not told I was responsible for.
Pros
Little overtime required
Cons
Will fire people at drop of a hat.
Good company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Howell, MINovember 7, 2018
If you wanna work . Work you shall . It is assembly line work in a factory.. Show up here as scheduled and be paid as scheduled. Don’t expect any down town stay busy.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Fast paced
Above average assembly location
Assembly Worker (Current Employee) –  Howell, MIOctober 22, 2018
This is a good company to work for. The pay was above local averages. Work was assembly/production oriented and was not difficult at all. One paid break of 23 minutes was a bit of a drawback but was OK since the work was good and the people fun to be around. I would recommend working for Hatch.
Pros
Good working environment and pay
Cons
Short breaks
Loved my Time Here
Commodity Buyer (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MIOctober 5, 2018
I loved working for Hatch. There were pros and cons as with any fast paced job, my direct manager was truly one of the best out there! It is automotive, so it’s face paced and sometimes stressful. Purchasing team is great, most people are down to earth and helpful. Sad to leave, but family priorities have shifted.
Pros
Great team and manager
Cons
Maternity Time off
Good place to work.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Portland, TNOctober 3, 2018
It was a good place to work. The management at the time I was there was poorly. But overall it is a relaxed environment to work in. It also is a climate controlled facility. It's fairly a clean place also
Pros
Relaxed enviroment
Cons
Poor management
If you like to be worked like a rented mule this is the place for you!
Undisclosed (Former Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 16, 2018
Salary employees work well over the 45-50hrs. Management hires experts in their fields but then micromanages them to the point of where they get frustrated and leave which is why I left. Training is lacking. Safety procedures are in place but no one follows them. One employee was constantly working on machines and has a lock but has never signed off on lock out tag out. High turnover, lots of dissatisfied employees, tons of customer rejects coming back but all management wants is parts out the door even if they are out of spec. The people who want to do the right thing are hamstringed by management because doing it right takes too much time. Corporate lets site management get away with anything because on paper things look great but that’s because site management manipulated the numbers to make it look good.
Pros
Free lunch a few times a month
Cons
Short or no breaks. Poor Management
Productions
Tube Mill Operator (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga tnSeptember 12, 2018
Suck that it was a seasonal temp job it was something new for me to learn far as measurement length size and timing to production. Its was very interested company and I see taking off to good business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hatch Stamping Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8