Hattie Larlham Employee Reviews

work
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Green, OHJune 27, 2018
Typical work day is relaxing. Helped individuals that has different disability. Help assistance them in certain decision makings. The clients makes work fun.
Pros
N/a
Cons
healthcare
Hattie Larlham
LPN (Former Employee) –  Mantua, OHJune 8, 2018
Hattieā€™s was a wonderful place for the people served. I learned how to care for people with special needs. The folks that I worked with were very compassionate about what the did. The challenging aspect was that there was always a situation that each unit was understaffed and overpopulated compared to the level of care for each person. The most enjoyment that I had while working was extending to the people served the compassion for caring to the people.
Pros
Ability to develop relationships with folks that were unable to advocate for themselves.
Cons
Staffing and low wages.
Never (doggie daycare)
Job coach (Former Employee) –  OhioMay 27, 2018
They have poor management. They will hire a manager from scratch over promoting a hard worker. They promote the ones that are rude and new not the ones that have been there for years. They are all about the money. They lie to pet owners and treat the participants horrible. It's a horrible corporation all about the money they took raises and everything to save money. They don't appreciate hard workers or people that stay with the company.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
This is an annoying process
Community Companion (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHMay 24, 2018
In the first place, the form imported information from the uploaded resume in an order that didn't really make much sense. On top of that, even if the upload was flawless, this is a fairly pointless waste of time unless you enjoy reading reviews where people unload on managers they had a decade ago.
Pros
get paid
Cons
is short for "convicts"
Heartwarming, person serving
Activity Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHApril 8, 2018
Hattie Larlham is a company that caters to the population we serve in the best, most heart warming way. I absolutely adore working for this company and I am always proud to tell people where I work!
Enjoy working with the young adults
Habilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Mantua, OHMarch 23, 2018
Co workers aren't very friendly they don't like to help the new people and make working there difficult. No opportunity to advance. Don't always get a break. Heavy lifting. Challenging residents.
Pros
Most managers are easy to get along with
Cons
Don't always get a break, short staffed.
Wonderful experience
LPN (Former Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHFebruary 20, 2018
This facility is an amazing establishment for the clients. They receive the best quality of care I have ever been privileged to witness. The people employed here live what they do. Unfortunately the turn over is very high which in turn puts a huge demand on the employees that remain and I can honestly say have been so tired leaving there after working four sixteen hour shifts in a row that I was afraid to drive home. All in all amazing things happen in this facility and they are forever a family of mine!
Pros
The children and staff
Cons
The hours and demand
Great to work with the Mentally Disable
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Oakwood Village, OHFebruary 17, 2018
Stressful at times, but a great company to work for if you have the staff and team members that willing to do their job and come to work. The most enjoyable part is caring for the clients and the happiest you see on their faces.
Pros
Good pay and over time if you want it.
Cons
The mandatory over time with little notice
great place to work
Habilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mantua, ohioFebruary 13, 2018
took care of children with special needs, learned how to care for children with many medical problems, management was good, hardest part of the job was seeing the children sick and most enjoyable was to see them smile
Pros
love the children
Historically poor leadership
Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHFebruary 12, 2018
Long time Chief Executive Officer had low business acumen. Poor decisions were made in a vacuum, leading to large financial losses and the need to reduce the workforce.

Want to know more about Hattie Larlham?

Ask a question
Enjoyable job
Habilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mantua, OHNovember 30, 2017
Working one on one with the residents is fun, but the work environment is fast paced and good judgement is required with great attention to detail. The center tends to be short staffed causing stress upon workers.
Understaffed; Need more people to help
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mantua, OHNovember 27, 2017
The place is understaffed and needs more workers; new management trying to pull it together. Underpaid for the job expected to do for being understaffed.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Short breaks; New management; Not enough pay
Loved my patients
Habilitation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakwood Village, OHOctober 20, 2017
Company currently going through changes, it's not the same anymore. I loved my clients. Family like setting within the group homes. Pay is not so great
Enjoyed the children and getting to work with them on a daily basis
Rehabilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mantua, OHOctober 17, 2017
Hattie Larlham taught me a great deal about patience and gratification. I learned a great deal about who I was and what I wanted out of life. Miss it greatly.
Pros
Putting smiles on childrens' faces
Cons
payrate
great place to work
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, OHSeptember 26, 2017
Overall great place to work if you like working with individuals with developmental disabilities. I find the company a great place to work for. Especially since it was founded and started in Ohio by a women named Hattie Larlham.
Terrible place to work
Constant Companion (Former Employee) –  Bedford Heights, OHAugust 10, 2017
Management is THE WORST by far. They will throw you under the bus to save themselves, pick and choose favorites, do not listen to anything you have to say, and do not care about their employees. Management will choose new staff over senior staff. They work you like crazy and do not pay enough. The individuals are the best part of the job and the only good thing about it. Certain staff will not take care of their individuals and management doesn't even care. I would NEVER send any family member or friend here.
Pros
Individuals
Cons
Management, pay, no breaks
Individuals are amazing, management isn't
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJune 7, 2017
From day one, going through training was okay, but the employees are like high school kids...there's PLENTY DRAMA to go around. Management isn't that professional, they don't handle situations with certain employees properly in order to be sure the work environment is healthy and welcoming. These managers don't even have the balls to SPEAK UP and tell you if an issue exists or there could be improvement on your part, they just run to the next person and talk about you. Next thing you know, you'll hear anchor it from someone else. They pick and choose who they give "chances" to. They hold on to employees who don't do their jobs properly, yet let go off others for the simplest of things. It's a complete joke. They are ALWAYS HIRING!! Retention rates is high and I see why. I definitely got screwed over by this company and that's unfortunate. Apart from all of that, working side by side with the individuals is the MOST humbling feeling ever. They are some of the most honest and funny people you'll ever meet because they are always themselves and they are genuine!
Pros
Individuals supported, The work
Cons
Management, Unprofessional environment, Drama, Pay, Lack of Communication
Avoid at all cost!!!
A former staff member (Former Employee) –  Mantua, OHApril 29, 2017
Where to start, well the pay is horrible, management is a joke, and the co-workers will lie on you to management. I loved and cared about those participants but the co-workers could care less about them but they will have their job, if you work hard and give them love, you can kiss your job goodbye and your good reputation. Co-workers bullied me and harassed me and even though I reported them, guess whose working there and who isn't? If you make a mistake, believe you won't have your job for long. They make you take care of the participants, clean the center, drive their vehicles, clean behind the animals there under slave wages. If you're a float, don't do it because it'll be more stress on you, I haven't worked there for a few months now and I still have emotional scars and nightmares from this company and been through a lot of scars I'm trying to heal still since I lost my job here. If you value everything about yourself, you will avoid this company at all cost!!! It was the WORST I have ever worked for and I wish I could tell the family to not to put their love ones in here!!!
Pros
The participants
Cons
Everything!!!
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 13, 2017
It was a nice place to work and the people are friendly. Customers were friendly. The work day went by quickly. Coworkers were like family and I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
okay place to work
Direct Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 3, 2017
I enjoyed working with the individuals that I served during my time with this employer. It was gratifying to help people in need. I enjoyed my time at this job for the most part.