Haven Behavioral Healthcare Employee Reviews

2.6
Ratings breakdown
A positive workplace that Fosters Exellence & Exhibits Teamwork & Productivity.
Day Shift Charge Nurse, Interim Nurse Mgr. (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXAugust 2, 2018
Haven Hospital was one of my favorite employers where I felt teamwork was valued and commitment to excellence is what this company strives for. I worked @ Haven from the very beginning when it 1st opened up and observed many changes. As a nurse, my typical day @ work was to provide patient care throughout the day shift, collaborate with my coworkers, attend treatment team meetings, & assured that my patients and their family members are satisfied with the services they were receiving. My coworkers were professional, compassionate and always a pleasant to work with. The Social Workers @ Haven were the best advocates I have ever worked with; the MDs, Techs, & most of the nurses @ Haven we’re very easy to work with. There’s no perfect employer—and there were cons as well, but the positives @ this place outweighed the negatives. Overall, a great place to work. Thank you, Haven Hospital of Frisco !!!
Pros
Positive teamwork environment, excellent collaboration & teamwork
Cons
Nursing management turnover, Zero Matching on 401K, no 12 hour shifts
Excellent place to work.
Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXApril 29, 2018
Haven has a very good culture and a good reputation in the industry. Haven had excellent training programs for their employees and had town hall type meeting to get feedback from the team.
Pros
good pay better culture
Cons
located right off the toll way
Rewarding, friendly, caring, great pay, opportunity for advancement, & light hearted!
Psychiatric Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAFebruary 28, 2018
I wake up in the morning & look forward to going to work instead of dreading it. I have been a nurse for over 10 years and this is honestly the best place I have worked. The patients are so intriguing & a joy to learn from. The staff is all pleasant & helpful & we all work well together as a team. We enjoy our time laughing with each other and the patients while completing our work properly. A typical day in psych can be unexpected however there is more than adequate training provided on the job to ensure the safety & wellbeing of staff & patients. I continuing learning every day and love every minute of it! Management is very "open door policy" with kind hearts & a laid back demeanor while still remaining professional. This is evident by the lack of stress and lightheartedness in the air. They make you feel like you can come talk to them without being judged or demeaned. The culture is a beautiful diverse blend & is very accommodating to all various cultural needs for patients & staff. The most enjoyable part of this job is listening to the patients & hearing their stories and relating to them to be able to help them the best way I am able. I would recommend Haven to my family and friends if they needed psychiatric care or a wonderful place to work!
Pros
The coworkers and patients, management, pay, benefits, opportunity for advancement, available hours, overtime available but not mandatory
Cons
None!!
Great Psychiatric care in Reading
RN (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAFebruary 21, 2018
Haven is a great place to fulfill your need to care for psychiatric clients. Staff are friendly and work in a team collaboration approach to give great care. Management is dedicated to ensuring patient and staff safety and providing and opportunity to let you be creative in caring for clients. I feel inspired to be creative and really connect with my clients. We are given the freedom to spend time with clients and not just worry about paperwork. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone looking for a challenging career caring for the psychiatric population.
Pros
Patient first priority, freedom not micro managed.
Cons
They do not live up to their potential as a gerirpsych facility
BHT (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 15, 2018
This program is different from day to day. There are no consistencies in the treatment of employees or the patients. Decisions are made on the fly rather than looking at the needs of the company and patients it serves. There are too many 'friends of the boss' employed in this small company. This company will burn out its employees before taking a good look at what beneficial changes could be made to improve the working environment and care of the patients.
Pros
made some friends, felt like I helped people
Cons
inequalities in many ways
High turnover
Intake (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJanuary 13, 2018
Risky place to work... its all about filling beds no matter the risk to patients or staff. They just want to make money by any means necessary, which leaves patients and staff at risk.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, poor management
Frying pan
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 27, 2017
Worst experience of my career. High turnover, long hours, day after day working lunches. No one knew what to do or how to do the work. Very bad and sad experience.
Pros
Cons
You name it
just don't work there ,un unsafe place to work
Register Nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 8, 2017
Unsafe place to work,short of staff ,punitive environment,not qualify management ,cut corners affecting patient and staff safety ,not able to recruit
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Reading, PASeptember 6, 2017
Be very patient, cautious, kind and professional. It is a secure facility, they will make sure you and the patients are in a safe environment at all times.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Healthcare
Run the other way
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJune 28, 2017
This is one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. Management is shady and staff is frequently fired. The turnover is horrible. The culture is negative and hostile. The facility is constantly understaffed which makes for a very unsafe environment. You are just a number here, you have no value to management.
Pros
Pay is competitive
Cons
Rare breaks, poor culture, awful management
Negative working environment.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  ABQ, New MexicoApril 4, 2017
Punitive,vindictive management culture especially if you are a traveler and the census is low. Will admit and keep extremely violent pts which is counterproductive in a fragile elderly population. Nursing staff reflects the heavy handed management style with passive aggressive behavior toward their peers and somewhat toward the pts. If this is a corporate wide culture or isolated to the ABQ, New Mexico facility ......?
Pros
12 hour shifts allow time to decpmpress.
Cons
Extremely negative environment to practice nursing.
Run, run, run
RN (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 18, 2015
This is the worst place i have ever worked. If you are an advocate for the patients, you do get fired. You get no breaks. The staff is lazy, especially the techs. RUN, RUN, RUN
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Haven Behavioral Healthcare is my preferred employer
Clinic Director (Current Employee) –  Colorado SpringsSeptember 15, 2014
I have worked with Haven for almost three years. The organization offers a highly motivating work environment and develops programs based on well exemplified core principles. Our talented staff members take great pride in the programs we offer.
Creating a World Class Behavioral Healthcare Company
SVP, Human Capital (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 19, 2014
I have been the SVP Human Capital for Haven for one year. Along with other senior leadership who began last September, we are working diligently to create a world class Behavioral Healthcare company focused on Hope, Health and Wellness. We have made some tremendous strides in the last few months. Our employee engagement scores are excellent and there is a new positive spirit and energy in our company. We welcome courageous leaders who want to help us in this effort to be nationally recognized as a leader in the provision of specialty behavioral healthcare.
My experience was exactly like the other 2 reviews.
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OhioAugust 8, 2014
This is a terrible place to work. They treat staff like pawns on a chess board and the patients like tin cans rolling down a conveyor belt. I read the other reviews and can tell you that the staff in Ohio experienced the same thing. (I was a Director of Nursing). If you advocate for the patients and staff you get fired.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Everything else
One of the most frustrating, hurtful places I have ever worked.
RN (Former Employee) –  Thornton, CO (North Denver)January 18, 2013
This facility has had multiple J-tags with the state of Colorado. It puts both patients and staff at risk on a continuous basis due to short staffing; because, as a for-profit hospital, it staffs by the numbers, not by patient acuity. Management's approach to its multiple problems is to blame its staff for its problems and creates a very hurtful, hostile environment for its employees by "writing them up" frequently and failing to listen to its employees regarding what their needs are and how it might help to fix them. Their hospital in North Denver, CO gets the worst of geriatric patients, patients no other psych unit wants, who are very high acuity. Because of its numerous J-tags, it has a very high volume of paperwork and "logs" that must be filled out each shift, leaving very little time for nurse to patient interaction, placing responsibility of patient care on the BHTs, leaving nurses vulnerable and responsible for everything that goes wrong! I have yet to see its upper management take responsibility for anything that has happened at this hospital. They hire nurses, tie one hand behind his or her back, then say: "Now go do a good job and make us proud" (translated into Make Us Profit!). Staff turnover is tremendous. New hire-es will find themselves being trained by people who have been there less than six months, many who have not worked in psych before and do not know the laws, leaving both trainer and trainee vulnerable for their next "Employee Performance Improvement Plan"; of which you will find yourself with many if you hire on with this facility in North Denver.
Pros
it works 12 hour shifts, making time for recovery longer. its benefits are decent and its compensation is competitive.
Cons
this job takes a temendous toll on its nurses; good nurses will not stay long in its empoyment.
New Company/working with the elderly
Admissions Coordinator/Administraion Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COMay 29, 2012
I loved my job and enjoyed what I was able to bring to the table. I worked 50+ hours a week trying to keep up with the work load. Being a new company many things were not stablized and outlined as to what was expected of the employee's. My co-workers and I got along great and tried to help each other make a bad situation better. Duties were unclear and added on as needed when the expectations of the State were not being met. I drew the line and volunteered to leave Haven when I was asked to back date information not being put into the patient files to meet the State criteria/standards. When I refused to due so life became difficult by my employer with threats and ultimatums. I enjoyed doing the job I was given to do and wish things could of been different. I grew close to the patients and made many friends while being employed at Haven. I am still in contact with a few of the employee's at Haven and they have told me that things have not changed since I have been gone.
Pros
geriatric patients, employee's, and my position with the company
Cons
not stablized, unrealistic expectations