Haven Hospice Employee Reviews

Hard work they treat you like dirt
Team Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLApril 7, 2019
Upper management like HR screamed at and belittled everyone. When I refused to let Realty Co bring in a person who was interested in renting our space because patient records were out and visible to everyone. HIPHA is a law that records must be protected at all times, I got a call from upper management and was threated. No support.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention
Assistant Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FlMarch 16, 2019
Haven Hospice is a great place to work! Wonderful co-workers and management. My job was eliminated across the company but I enjoyed my time there. You will love working at Haven Hospice.
knowledgeable staff
Professional Liaison (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 2, 2019
Many of the clinical staff have been with Haven 5 or plus years. A typical day included a morning meeting and a pow pow with the other members of the sales team
Pros
client care
Increased work load / decreased staffing levels
Field staff (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 4, 2019
During the past 2 years, management's expectations of caseloads and required contacts increased significantly. At the same time, staffing levels were either stable or (in most cases) decreased.
While the opportunity to meet patients and families at their time of need was very rewarding, it became apparent that work / life balance was significantly compromised.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Less responsive managment
Rewarding work
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 31, 2018
In my experience, Haven has been a great place to work. There is a path for advancement, and hard work is rewarded. You also get the satisfaction of knowing you aren't just working to make the people at the top richer, but actually doing good for the community.
Pros
Rewarding work
Cons
High turnover leads to a lot of greener, less knowledgeable staff
Overall - good organization
ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FL 32073October 29, 2018
The organization provides exceptional end of life care. A good organization to work for prior to the reorganization by the incoming President. After that it became focused too much on the bottom line.
Pros
Great staff of employees
Cons
Limited communication with upper management
ok
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 26, 2018
ok place. a typical day at work is ok sometimes hard really depends on the nurse that's working that night, it can make or break the night. most night shift nurses are great
Short Staffed and Overworked
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 10, 2018
Very short staffed. You are expected to do the job of two or three people. Staff turn over is high. Poor management by executive leaders. Managers do not listen to employees feedback.
okay place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLSeptember 16, 2018
Cleaned up daily with good people to work with.
Management was okay to me.
typical day was good.
I enjoyed working with everyone that was there.
the hardest part was the deep cleans I had todo.
the most enjoyable was the people.
This is the place that beat your heart with the mission of the company
Professional Liaison (Current Employee) –  Florida State, FLAugust 22, 2018
I truly love my job it is very rewarding to be able to do work helps people everyday Love what I do in love the team I work with. It makes such a difference in what I do everyday.
Good luck!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orange ParkAugust 8, 2018
Poor management only insures disasters.Patients are not devided fairly between nurses.Some nurses do nothing while others are maxed out.Reverse discrimination seems to be this place’s theme.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else.
good place
CNA, Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palatka, FLJuly 17, 2018
I enjoyed working with Haven Hospice, I wanted better opportunity and pay offer as a new registered nurse. Haven was a good place to work, I wold go back once I have earned enough experience .
Pros
teamwork
Cons
communication
Adminastraion at local level is Poor
Patient Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Deland, FloridaJuly 13, 2018
admin was very absent for the local team, split admin between three counties and the county I was asigned was not her priority, She was given this assignment after merging teams, this meant a hour and ahalf driver for her, she was absent administrator
A joyful place to work with amazing productivity
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJune 26, 2018
As a volunteer, I enjoyed working here. There were many opportunities and area to grow with, and the employees and other volunteers were amazing. The management continuously grew, and people always found ways to help improve the company.
Lacks pt census
Registered Nurse-primary RN (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 3, 2018
Pt census has dropped. Larger territories have to be staffed with small groups of nurses.High turn over, makes for a difficult work/life balance. Not as friendly as it used to be.
Patient centered hospice care with strong ethical values. Many outlets available to staff for support .
Hospital Liason (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FL 32606May 31, 2018
Haven Hospice is located in Gainesville, Florida with multiple branch offices and Care Centers scattered throughout North Central Florida.Excellent staff support.
very bad place to work at
Team Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 27, 2018
very stressful, so many people are misrable , management had their favorites, workculture was horrible hardest part of the job was trying to figure out what the job was because there was no job training and the managers didnt know much of anything either, the most enjoyable part of the job was when the HOME TEAM Manager left early or was on vacation or when it was time to clock out and go home.
Pros
pay and benifts
Cons
everything else
No system training in job, fight for yourself and lack of team direction
N/A (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 24, 2018
Advice to management:
Give staff training on systems. Confusion, tension and stress is not always coming from new staff, it can be caused from zero training, lack of staff in turnover and layoffs, and unclear direction/processes. Upper management may be causing harsh culture and attitude carries down into staff.
Pros
Clean office, some of the staff is friendly
Cons
You are always behind because you spend more time showing volunteers work than doing it yourself
productive and fun place to work
Customer Service, Speaking and acting (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 24, 2018
I enjoy working here, many opportunities and areas to grow with the right certifications and degrees. The people here are amazing, the management is amazing and they are always looking for ways to improve the company.
Decent place to work
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Chiefland, FLMarch 22, 2018
Long hours with many working from home/ the car in remote locations. You need to be able to prioritize and multi-task. Social Workers are often an after thought in regards to the team and are expected to provide emotional support to coworkers as well as patients and families which can be exhausting.
The pay is good for the area and days are never boring.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Haven Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.