Haven Employee Reviews

great place
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 1, 2018
if youre looking to broaden your culinary career work here. Great staff and management team working in a great environment conducive to learning and growing
Helping people out of a dark place.
Residential Advisor/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Arroyo Grande, CAJuly 11, 2018
I was excited to learn a new field. The management was very clicky and not conducive to team work. I started in one position and advanced to a desk job. I was doing splendidly and upper management wanted me to try a different position which didn't pan out. We parted friends.
Pros
helping people
Cons
lack of communication
Great Place to work in
Counselor In Charge (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 26, 2018
It was an awsome agency dedicated to improve the lives of their clients and employees. Great Benefits and compenstion package too bad the agency closed its doors for ever.
Pros
campus like work encironment
Cons
it closed
Amazing, supportive place to work
Violence Prevention Educator (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHFebruary 18, 2018
Workload and daily schedule depend on your position, but the culture and support of this nonprofit are amazing. In addition, you go to work knowing that what you are doing matters and is making a difference in someone's life.
Good pay, rewarding work, tough circumstances
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 16, 2017
You have to have energy and a desire to work here. The pay is good and the difference you make daily is worth it. The negative side to this employment is the tough work that it is, the "not-so-great" environment.
Very Stressfull
RN (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 1, 2017
Unsafe work environment
Not the kind of nursing I want to be part of
Not conducive to patient care
Long hours, not enough nurses
Hard to keep nurses
Excellent pay
Decent benefits
The chance to help people in crisis
Crisis Advocate (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJuly 10, 2017
I enjoyed the opportunity to be part of a close knit team that assisted those experiencing domestic violence. The best part of the job was getting to know the clients and showing them kindness and care in their time of need. The hardest part was hearing the horrors of what they had endured and many were still enduring. The workplace promoted safety and health and pushed their staff to take measures of self-care.
Review Summary
PROGRAM COORDINATOR The Salvation Army (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 8, 2017
I have enjoyed working fora company that goes above and beyond in helping others re-integrate into the community. Challenges in management at times, but overall good experience.
Productive and great team to work with
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 27, 2017
Assess, diagnose, treat, and manage individuals and families that served in the military. Mostly working with families and individuals with mental and emotional issues.
Draining and rewarding
FVPS (Former Employee) –  NHMarch 13, 2017
No area for real advancement. Upper management is unprofessional. Burnout rate is high and the office environment is riddled with constant gossip. A typical day is everyone being incredibly stressed out, unfortunately. The pay is not worth the pain.
secure
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, OHMarch 12, 2017
I go to clients homes and go off a care plan. I help with baths, I do cooking and cleaning, laundry, basic house work and needs. If they need help being fed i do that as well. I help out to the bathroom if needed. I run errands when needed. I do whatever is needed for their care.
Pros
its a secure job
Cons
advancements are not very well.
Fun time
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 2, 2016
I had to do volunteer work for my school, so i chose to start volunteering with The Haven on the weekends at petsmart because i love animals. I made some good friends and definitely enjoyed volunteering with them. I was there almost every weekend and eventually worked my way up to the point where I was handling adoptions and could help the incoming volunteers.
Ok place to work...
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PAAugust 26, 2016
Haven was ok, my co-workers were great. Management didn't see very much, (except the RN supervisors...seen all the time) Owners saw ALL the time. Nice nursing home. I really had no complaints.
Pros
For me close to my home
Cons
Not enough wage for the type of work, but this is everywhere! Unfortunatly.
Confidential.
Shelter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJune 11, 2016
Can not review due to The Haven's confidentiality clause. This is however, a great place to work with sufficient hours.
Residents are wonderful people staff are friendly.
CHHA (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJJune 2, 2016
I love the company i work for , most of all the residents are my reasons on coming to work each day. I plan on making a future with the career i selected in my life.
It was a great job but very unprofessional.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeside, AZMay 13, 2016
You cook, clean, care, and spend time with residents. They are great people and are fun to be around. But the management is so bad at scheduling and giving you hours.
Pros
Extra on holidays.
Cons
very productive and nice people
Dietary Aide/Server (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 24, 2016
A typical day at work is pretty hectic and busy. I learned how to be more patient and listen to the residents' stories. Management is full of amazing people- you can go to them for anything. I was even given a cake for my birthday.My co workers are very nice and super helpful.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
late breaks sometimes
Great place for college students to work and receive experience as a receptionist
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCApril 20, 2016
A typical day at work consist of greeting guest, answering phone calls, tending to the needs of residents, managing the front desk, completing sales transactions, arranging ballroom for the event of the night, preparing copies of newsletters and calendars, and aiding to manager.
I learned how to manage time efficiently, deal with all kinds of people, make rational decisions on my own, and to complete multiple task in a timely manner.
I couldn't ask for a better manager or co-workers. We are definitely like a family and we would do anything for one another.
The hardest part of my job is enforcing our pool hour rules to the children and telling them they have to leave at a specific time depending on the day of the week
The most enjoyable part of my job is communicating with the residents and making them smile.
Awesome Faciltity
Chef (Former Employee) –  Kennett, MOApril 1, 2016
Great to be creative at preparing meals for such special and wonderful people.Every day something new could and would happen.
Pros
schedule and management
Cons
co worker absences.
Meaningful work
Survivor Advocate (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTFebruary 24, 2016
Answering crisis line and providing support in a shelter setting. Participants share their stories and open up a very tender part of their lives to you. It is a very powerful experience and I am thankful for having had the opportunity to be a part of it.