Haven Employee Reviews

A very dysfunctional and semi-hostile work environment
Host (Former Employee) –  Lago Vista, TXOctober 20, 2018
I'd have to say this is an absolutely terrible job, although i must disclose that this restaurant has now closed for reasons I do not know but i believe that it had to do with cleanliness and vermin.
Helping people out of a dark place.
Residential Advisor/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Arroyo Grande, CAJuly 11, 2018
I was excited to learn a new field. The management was very clicky and not conducive to team work. I started in one position and advanced to a desk job. I was doing splendidly and upper management wanted me to try a different position which didn't pan out. We parted friends.
Pros
helping people
Cons
lack of communication
Great Opportunity and extremely rewarding
Crisis Line Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MISeptember 26, 2018
Great Company to work for. This is a great place for people who are starting out or who want to have the ability to move around and have great training
great place
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 1, 2018
if youre looking to broaden your culinary career work here. Great staff and management team working in a great environment conducive to learning and growing
Great Place to work in
Counselor In Charge (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 26, 2018
It was an awsome agency dedicated to improve the lives of their clients and employees. Great Benefits and compenstion package too bad the agency closed its doors for ever.
Pros
campus like work encironment
Cons
it closed
Amazing, supportive place to work
Violence Prevention Educator (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHFebruary 18, 2018
Workload and daily schedule depend on your position, but the culture and support of this nonprofit are amazing. In addition, you go to work knowing that what you are doing matters and is making a difference in someone's life.
The chance to help people in crisis
Crisis Advocate (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJuly 10, 2017
I enjoyed the opportunity to be part of a close knit team that assisted those experiencing domestic violence. The best part of the job was getting to know the clients and showing them kindness and care in their time of need. The hardest part was hearing the horrors of what they had endured and many were still enduring. The workplace promoted safety and health and pushed their staff to take measures of self-care.
Good pay, rewarding work, tough circumstances
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 16, 2017
You have to have energy and a desire to work here. The pay is good and the difference you make daily is worth it. The negative side to this employment is the tough work that it is, the "not-so-great" environment.
Fun workplace
Bar Team Leader (Former Employee) –  LakelandOctober 18, 2017
Good for someone looking to gain experience and learn something new but not really a place to get promotions as pretty much set out from the start but it’s anazing to start somewhere for someone just looking to gain plenty of experience
Typical Day
Psychology Intern (Board Member Non paid) (Former Employee) –  sanford ncFebruary 3, 2015
Get up in the morning to pray
Eat breakfast
plan to do something i havent done before to be sure that i am effective in every way i can be.
make sure that my son is off to school and knows what to do upon returning home
i would go out into the community to see what i can do to impact someone life. ie. feed homeless, encourage some one, listen to some one and then home to cook dinner
listen and help son with home work quality time with son and then off to bed after praying and spending time in the presence of the lord
Pros
effective
Very rewarding.
Development Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIAugust 8, 2013
HAVEN is a well known not-for-profit organization that gives sincere help and understanding to those who suffer from domestic violence. Employees at this organization were treated like family, a cozy environment. One especially rewarding part of this job was helping to organize small and large fund-raising events, one as such is the Promenade of Hope, a typically large-scale black tie event that is well-known in the Metro Detroit area.
Pros
Great benefits.
Amazing Opportunity
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rye, NHFebruary 26, 2015
This was a high paced, high energy environment. I enjoyed success wearing many hats and being directly involved with the growth of the business. Each day I would jump from one job to another in a second. I was able to assist the marketing department which advance my skills a great deal. The co-workers were amazing and ready to work. My management team relied on my and allowed to me to meet challenging goals and allowed to me to grow in my position. The most difficult part of the job was staring from scratch however this was also the most rewarding.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
No benefits, no long term security
Worst time ever
Sport instructor (Former Employee) –  LakelandJanuary 17, 2016
Would be such a good job! Ruined by sports management! Worked up to 14 hours in a day! Loved what I was doing but always low staffed because people always left because of how badly the place is ran!! Some days I was close to tears as they would put on back to back sessions from 9 o'clock to 8 o'clock at night! If it was properly ran by people who actually cared about people then it would be a good place to work
Pros
Team card
Cons
Long hours, a lot of stress
Effective Personal Care Home, clients and family members were satisfied.
Haven of Peace Personal Care Home Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Hephzibah, GAFebruary 26, 2015
I managed/owned this facility. Each day was geared towards engaging clients in healthy lifestyle choices while participating in physical activities, interacting with other clients, and maximizing their ability for daily living. Great place to work.
Pros
Having the ability to make a difference in the clients life
Cons
Not enough flexibility
Safe Workplace
dietary aide (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJJanuary 24, 2016
I had been working for them almost three years. I really enjoyed working with the kitchen people and of course my dietary director. I learned many new things daily to keep the work environment safe. Also, worked well with others around the building.

The hardest part of the job was that I was the only deaf person that worked there and faced many challenges than hearing people does. For instance, the fire alarm went on and I didn't hear. I had people from the kitchen department let me know and what went on. I had my manager let me know what went on and what things I aware of. So, that way I didn't have to be lost in the communication with hearing people.

I enjoyed working with kitchen people. We worked as the team and almost felt like family. Free food, obviously.
Pros
free food
Cons
n/a
Very Stressfull
RN (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 1, 2017
Unsafe work environment
Not the kind of nursing I want to be part of
Not conducive to patient care
Long hours, not enough nurses
Hard to keep nurses
Excellent pay
Decent benefits
Fun time
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 2, 2016
I had to do volunteer work for my school, so i chose to start volunteering with The Haven on the weekends at petsmart because i love animals. I made some good friends and definitely enjoyed volunteering with them. I was there almost every weekend and eventually worked my way up to the point where I was handling adoptions and could help the incoming volunteers.
secure
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, OHMarch 12, 2017
I go to clients homes and go off a care plan. I help with baths, I do cooking and cleaning, laundry, basic house work and needs. If they need help being fed i do that as well. I help out to the bathroom if needed. I run errands when needed. I do whatever is needed for their care.
Pros
its a secure job
Cons
advancements are not very well.
If I could've stayed I would've
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bingham Farms, MIJanuary 14, 2014
This was by far the best job. The people were lovely and fun. They genuinely cared for you and wanted you to do your best. I learned a lot about the human factor and honestly some things I didn't because a lot of walk ins came in fearing for their life. But it was a great learning experience and development for myself.
Great place for college students to work and receive experience as a receptionist
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCApril 20, 2016
A typical day at work consist of greeting guest, answering phone calls, tending to the needs of residents, managing the front desk, completing sales transactions, arranging ballroom for the event of the night, preparing copies of newsletters and calendars, and aiding to manager.
I learned how to manage time efficiently, deal with all kinds of people, make rational decisions on my own, and to complete multiple task in a timely manner.
I couldn't ask for a better manager or co-workers. We are definitely like a family and we would do anything for one another.
The hardest part of my job is enforcing our pool hour rules to the children and telling them they have to leave at a specific time depending on the day of the week
The most enjoyable part of my job is communicating with the residents and making them smile.